Reviews & Package - Raffles Hospital

Piggy08

Hi cupidth,
the charges about there. Mine, if I recall correctly was about $5k before deducting Medisave. Probably cos it included the remainder of my pre-natal package of $600. I stayed for 3 nights,1-bedder, Normal delivery with epidural. Hubby stay over one night, charge $50, I think. Doctors' consultation fees and surgery fees do not come cheap...

For my girl, it came to about $1000. she stayed one more night cos was jaundiced the morning I was discharged. Paed's charges are on per day basis... :p
Hi all, is RH consider the most expensive? More expensive than Mt E? I'm a first time mom... I never expect seeing gynae and giving birth will cost so much....

cocraze

Hi all, is RH consider the most expensive? More expensive than Mt E? I'm a first time mom... I never expect seeing gynae and giving birth will cost so much....
My sis went to her gynae who has a clinic at mt E medical Ctr so she delivered there. I hink charges overall are comparable between mt E and raffles. My sense is that raffles does not have as many maternity cases compared to mt E. And deliver at mt E can be that gynae is in private practice and ties up with the hosp. Personally I thought more troublesome cos u gotta get two bills one from hosp for ward charges n one bill from your gynae for his services...

cupidth

Hi, ladies, since Rh dont provide us with fish oil supplements, where do you all buy from? And what brand do you take?

megtan

Fish oil supplement is not included in the antenatal package but we can still buy. Cost around $30+ per bottle for one month supply.

DanikasMom

hi
i gave birth to my first born at RH, March 2007.
We didn't get any package as I had a delicate pregnancy, so everything was upfront. Got a single bed. Induced, but later went to emergency CS.
I dont have the the breakdown right now but total we paid was around 10K including Baby fees. no medisave as i was still on working pass then.
but the experience was no other. it was the best from food, to the nurses, to the facilities and services. No regrets.

jojoki

Although I do have to say that sometimes he seems pre-occupied in his own thoughts. Otherwise everything else is great with him, friendly and always willing to answer my innocuous questions patiently..:Dancing_tongue:

Jojoki: I was 'reviewing' my choice of gynae mid last year and two things helped me decide to go with Dr Koh. I was comfortable with my first consultation with him and your very reassuring posts on him.
haha that is soooo true about him, the pre-occupied with his own thoughts!!! that is soooooo Dr Koh. But that apart, he is really good lar, very gentle, very professional. genuinely kind n nice. and after delivery i was very up and about very quickly.

jojoki

hi
i gave birth to my first born at RH, March 2007.
We didn't get any package as I had a delicate pregnancy, so everything was upfront. Got a single bed. Induced, but later went to emergency CS.
I dont have the the breakdown right now but total we paid was around 10K including Baby fees. no medisave as i was still on working pass then.
but the experience was no other. it was the best from food, to the nurses, to the facilities and services. No regrets.
thats v true, RH indeed is an excellent choice of hospital to deliver. It was like a hotel stay!!

Piggy08

thats very true, RH indeed is an excellent choice of hospital to deliver. It was like a hotel stay!!
Hi all, how you find the 20weeks scan at Raffles hospital?
I just went for my 20weeks scan, they didn't bother to count my baby's fingers and toes because the lady said baby usually clutch their fingers...

Anyone went for the scan at Raffles, experience the same?

jojoki

i actually i din ask them to count my bb's fingers or toes... my 20th week scan was done by Dr Tony Tan.. man of few words? he's not my regular gynae... but he's quite pro la.. i think most of the detailed scans in RH is done by him.

Piggy08

i actually i did not ask them to count my baby's fingers or toes... my 20th week scan was done by Dr Tony Tan.. man of few words? he's not my regular gynae... but he's quite pro .. i think most of the detailed scans in RH is done by him.
Strange, mine not done by gynae. Mine done by a sonograher... A lady...
After she done with my scan, she ask Dr KK chow to review through...

He is not my regular gynae too... My regular gynae is Dr Koh Gim Hwee...

cocraze

Strange, mine not done by gynae. Mine done by a sonograher... A lady...
After she done with my scan, she ask Dr KK chow to review through...

He is not my regular gynae too... My regular gynae is Dr Koh Gim Hwee...
For me, both scans were done by Dr Tony Tan. He just mentioned the key parts observed and explained very simply, the results of the scan "Normal" lor. I also didn't know what details to ask about, so most of the time, I just say "ok". I didn't ask to count the fingers and toes.

Piggy08, probably Dr Tan not in during your appointment date?

Piggy08

For me, both scans were done by Dr Tony Tan. He just mentioned the key parts observed and explained very simply, the results of the scan "Normal" . I also didn't know what details to ask about, so most of the time, I just say "ok". I didn't ask to count the fingers and toes.

Piggy08, probably Dr Tan not in during your appointment date?
Cocraze, I never seen Dr Tan before, both my scans was reviewed by Dr KK Chow...

My scan everything normal too.. Except low placenta... My gynae will continue to monitor me on this every check up...

cocraze

Cocraze, I never seen Dr Tan before, both my scans was reviewed by Dr KK Chow...

My scan everything normal too.. Except low placenta... My gynae will continue to monitor me on this every check up...
Ya, I've read about low placenta before.... Need to be careful and monitor closely, though you need not be overly worried. Is this your First baby? Or subsequent? I thought I read somewhere that for subsequent births got higher chance of low placenta occuring if your womb didn't "recover" properly during previous pregnancy/delivery.

I was quite on and did post natal massage on 5th day after delivery, for 10 days... But since then, I've been binge-ing and not eating proper meals everyday, so my tummy still there and I still look preggie, even after 5 months...:( sigh
also, when I did my followup with Dr Koh Gim Hwee a month back for my PAP smear, my fibroids still there, size not reduced much compared to pregnant time... Need to review in a year's time....

helenchp

both deliveries natural n c-sect done by Dr Thong Thumbs up. agree with megtan. friends who came to visit said it feels like going to hotel not to hospital

cocraze

both deliveries natural n c-sect done by Dr Thong Thumbs up. agree with megtan. friends who came to visit said it feels like going to hotel not to hospital
well, pricing is also like hotel! burnt a big hole in our pocket....

uppergal07

Hi Good day to all mums and mum to be...

I am 12 weeks pregnant and i chose Dr Jazlan for my gynae which cost me $2800 which include:

1) consultation for 10 visits
2) ultrasound examination
3) urine test
4) Up to 8 set of multivitamins and calcium supplements
5) post natal consultation

Im just wondering how much will i be likely to pay for the hospital package/ for the whole package? Im taking 4 bedders... Maybe any rough estimation after medisave....? How is the experience like staying there...? care to share.. This is my first child and im very excited....

autumncloud

Hi mummies to be,

Has anyone recently delivered at Raffles Hospital? My gynae is Dr Cordelia Han.

Can share your experience? :tlaugh:

Dawnyo

Hello

I'm with raffles too. My gynae is Dr Thong but saw from other thread that she stop delivering babies due to heavy workload. I'm seeing her again tmr, so let me confirm with her again. Otherwise, i have to change gynae. Like her a lot.. V fashionable doctor, straight to the point during consultation.

Autumcloud, how many weeks are you in now? Have u done a google search on Dr Han? Because i read that she is rather fierce and unfriendly.