Ridwind safe for daily use??

bendi

Hi just want to ask is Ridwind safe for every feed?
Normally I will include it together with the milk every feed, irregardless of whether my baby has excessive wind or not..just to play safe.

Is it ok?

apollo

Every feed?? i thought is lik 2-3times daily if tummy got wind if not is lonly like once a day for precaution?? correct me if i'm wrong.. anw, i didnt feed my son ridwind daily, only when i feel that his tummy is windy. But I saw a friend adding ridwind into her son's milk when he was absolutely okay..

Mummy to Baby V

Hmm... It's still medicine, which means addition chemical load on baby's young kidneys.
My baby was super gassy and colicky. We chose to do lots of tummy and back massage and skipped colic drops.
Simply felt uncomfortable giving newborn medicine regularly for a long period of time.
It's really a personal preference...

Anyway, read the instructions that come with the bottle and consult paed to be safe.

bendi

Hmm from what I see, it states that can give baby 4 times a day or depending on the baby feeding frequency.
So was confused about this instruction.

blackpiggy

like what mummy to baby said it's still medication, better don't give unnecessarily. it's common for babies to have wind, so only give when need to (when baby making a fuss or feeling miserable).

isabelandrew

i was feeding my daughter when she was just 1 mth - 2months. after that i stopped because she is no longer colic. not a huge issue lah