Rotavirus vaccine

capricon

I dont't vaccinate my kids(gal 4, son 2) with rotavirus. They are healthy with no diarrhea.

Maybe parents would like to read more on the cause of rotavirus. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Rotavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Rotavirus is transmitted by the faecal-oral route. The likelihood of getting the virus is very low, almost nil.[/FONT] Diarrhea may not be caused by rotavirus, eating too much cold foods or drinking of cold drinks, even overeating can cause diarrhea. Chinese medicine will help in relieving diarrhea or indigestion. My kids and I seek traditional chinese medicine treatment when we are sick, as it "tiao" the whole body and help to recover fully with no relapse.

saikid

Doctor adviced me to go for this Vaccine for my ds , if we could not sterlize bottles, handle baby etc in a hygenic way. It's a protection against severe diarrhoea .. So better to go for it lah...

capricon

I forgot to add on, for mummies who wants to vaccinate their child with Rotavirus, pls go for killed virus and NOT the live virus. The percentage of infecting with rotavirus from the vaccine is very high for live virus.

There is a mummy from another forum who shared with me, on how her gal got diarrhea from the vaccine itself. She was fine before being vaccinated, but after the vaccination, she had diarrhea and fall sick frequently. The oral vaccine is a live virus, so pls double check with your doctor before vaccinating your child.

Lynnie

I forgot to add on, for mummies who wants to vaccinate their child with Rotavirus, pls go for killed virus and NOT the live virus. The percentage of infecting with rotavirus from the vaccine is very high for live virus.

There is a mummy from another forum who shared with me, on how her gal got diarrhea from the vaccine itself. She was fine before being vaccinated, but after the vaccination, she had diarrhea and fall sick frequently. The oral vaccine is a live virus, so pls double check with your doctor before vaccinating your child.
Oh.. didn't know there's killed and live virus...
If my baby took the live virus the first dose, can she take the killed virus the second dose? Will the vaccine still be effective?

breadgal

1 month back, I attend a talk organized by GSK at SengKang Polyclinic. They said the the government is trying to make rotavirus vaccine as one of the compulsory vaccines for babies in few months time. This is because more babies are down with diarrhea and etc. In another words, few months down the road, we might find rotavirus vaccine in Polyclinic.

FYI: So far, Rotavirus vaccine is an optional vaccine in Singapore.

bring my son for his 6 in 1 jab at poly today.. asked abt the rotavirus.. they not havin it lei.. say need take from outside..:nah:

but pneumococcus is comin tis dec.. so can take from polyclinic from dec onwards.. :001_302:

capricon

Oh.. didn't know there's killed and live virus...
If my baby took the live virus the first dose, can she take the killed virus the second dose? Will the vaccine still be effective?

Sorry, I dont't have the answer to your question.
First of all, vaccine doesn't really protect us 100% from virus and there is no way to test whether you are fully immunized or not. Vaccine maybe effective 50%, what I do know is they do a lot of damage to kids who are vaccinated following the vaccination schedule. The schedule does not give the baby ample time to recover from each vaccination, almost every month a baby is vaccinated which is equivalent to being infected by a virus every month. This causes a lot of stress to their immature immune system, which is unable to handle so many viruses in a short span of time. As I read more about the harmful effects of vaccine, I am begin to doubt the efficiency of vaccine. Do take note that vaccine contain thimerosal (mercury), they use it as a preservative for the vaccine.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Link on heavy metal toxicity Heavy Metal Toxicity[/FONT]

The number of autistic kids is increasing in developed countries who vaccinate babies the day they are born. You might want to read up this link National Vaccine Information Center ? Vaccine Watch Dog

I am really impressed by Ian's parents' courage to put up a blog on their son Ian who died of vaccination side effects. Pls read.
Ian's Voice Home Page

Do note that any vaccine can cause side effects. Side effects varies with individuals, as everyone's constitution is different.

Last edited:

breadgal

Sorry, I dont't have the answer to your question.
First of all, vaccine doesn't really protect us 100% from virus and there is no way to test whether you are fully immunized or not. Vaccine maybe effective 50%, what I do know is they do a lot of damage to kids who are vaccinated following the vaccination schedule. The schedule does not give the baby ample time to recover from each vaccination, almost every month a baby is vaccinated which is equivalent to being infected by a virus every month. This causes a lot of stress to their immature immune system, which is unable to handle so many viruses in a short span of time. As I read more about the harmful effects of vaccine, I am begin to doubt the efficiency of vaccine. Do take note that vaccine contain thimerosal (mercury), they use it as a preservative for the vaccine.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Link on heavy metal toxicity Heavy Metal Toxicity[/FONT]

The number of autistic kids is increasing in developed countries who vaccinate babies the day they are born. You might want to read up this link National Vaccine Information Center ? Vaccine Watch Dog

I am really impressed by Ian's parents' courage to put up a blog on their son Ian who died of vaccination side effects. Pls read.
Ian's Voice Home Page

Do note that any vaccine can cause side effects. Side effects varies with individuals, as everyone's constitution is different.

it reali shocked me after readin Ian's story.. juz a hep B jab takes tis newly born life away.. reali heartbreakin to see the amount of sufferings he had to go thru before his death.. it reali make mi change my point of view on vaccine.. not necessary more means safe..
but on the other hand how can we know whether our kids are allergy to certain vaccine?

capricon

Hi breadgal,

It's hard to tell whether our kids are susceptible to the side effects of vaccines. Premature babies or who are born with low birth weight are prone to the side effects as they do not have the capacity to withstand the toxicity of the vaccines. Vaccines contain mercury and it needs certain body weight to handle it or rather like "detoxing" it.

This is what I have read from one of the website and it makes sense to me. I have observed mummies in SMH forum, who mentioned that their kids were have autistic symptoms after being vaccinated were premature babies. This is the link, http://www.gordonresearch.com/articles_mercury/the_truth_behind_the_vaccine_coverup.pdf

In page 5, it mentioned there ar groups of people who are more sensitive to the toxin in the vaccines than others. For instance:

1) The Elderly
2) Chronically ill
3)Nutritionally deficient
4) Small babies
5) Premature babies
6) People on certain medications
7) Inborn defects in detoxification

There is a lot to read on. Another website to share is On the Heels of Court Ruling Denying Autism-Vaccine Link, you.S. Federal Court Declares MMR Vaccine Caused Autism in a Young Boy - Health News - redOrbit

This is about the story of Bailey Banks, a 10-year-old who regressed into autism following the MMR vaccine.His paretns were awarded a lump sum of more than $810,000 plus medical-care compensation by the vaccine court, where Special Master Abell ruled that Petitioners had proven that the MMR had directly caused a brain inflammation illness called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) which triggered young Banks' autism spectrum disorder.
In February of 2008, the court also ruled in favor of 12-year-old Hannah Poling, who regressed into autism after receiving nine vaccines in one day. Do read on.

In Singapore, we are not that lucky to have a vaccine compensation committee on vaccine injuries. I have worked for my therapist 8-9 years ago, there were a lot of autistic kids then but not a lot of people knows about it. The parents are the most stressed, as autistic kids can be either violent or quiet ( they also bang their head against the wall at times, screamed etc). Autism is broad spectrum, a kid can be hving ADHD but is also under the autistic spectrum. A parent will have to spend on speech therapy, special school fees(not easy to get into the school as they have a long waiting list for govt schools, private is better but too expensive) and other treatments etc.

I have heard of real life example of kids being affected by vaccines. Some are shared in the forum, or they emailed me about how their kids start to fall sick frequently after being vaccinated. This mummy vaccinated her 6 month old with pneumococcal and rotavirus vaccine in one day, her child has inborn defects which is hole in the heart. After the vaccination, she has high fever which does not subside with the help of paracetamol and was given a higher dosage by another doctor, which did not help at all. Her gal also had diarrhea. I advised her to delay the booster jabs til her gal is older and stronger, if she wants to vaccinate her. It would be better to do away with it, as her gal was already weakened by the vaccines. I suggested to her to bring her gal to chinese sinseh to strengthen her health.

Another example is my brother in law's niece's daughter who was vaccinated by MMR recently. She starts to have eczema and fall sick frequently. Before that, she does not have eczema and was healthy.

Though the side effects may not affect everyone but there is 1% risk. Those 6 in 1, 5 in 1, pneumococcal(contains 7 virus, Prevnar Home Page: infant, toddler, pneumococcal, vaccine, immunization, schedule - Prevnar Pneumococcal 7-valent Conjugate Vaccine (Diptheria CRM197 Protein)), MMR etc, are more likely to create adverse reaction when 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 are taken with pneumococcal together. This means a child is injected with about 12-13 virus a day which is too much for a child immature immune system to handle. For adults, 1 virus is enough to knock us down, let alone 12.

For parents who wish to vaccinate your child, it'll be good to space out jab 3 to 6 month apart as this will give the immune system time to recover. 1 month is not enough as it's equivalent to being infected with virus every month. For me, I choose not to vaccinate at all as it's not worth the risk at all. That's my point of view.

capricon

Do read the Important Safety Information of the Prevnar Home Page: infant, toddler, pneumococcal, vaccine, immunization, schedule - Prevnar Pneumococcal 7-valent Conjugate Vaccine (Diptheria CRM197 Protein) website.

It states:

Ask your child's health care provider about the risks and benefits of Prevnar® and if Prevnar® is right for your child.

In clinical studies, the most frequently reported adverse events included injection site reactions, fever (
38ºC/100.4ºF), irritability, drowsiness, restless sleep, decreased appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, and rash. Risks are associated with all vaccines, including Prevnar®. Hypersensitivity to any vaccine component, including diphtheria toxoid, is a contraindication to its use.

Prevnar® does not protect 100% of children vaccinated. Immunization with Prevnar® does not substitute for routine diphtheria immunization.

So when you are vaccinating your child , ask the doctor that you want to read the ingredients and side effects stated on the box. Remember to educate yrself and make an informed decision for your kids.

apollo

capricon,

u mentioned that u'll choose not to let ur baby take any of the vaccinations, does that include those 'compulsory' ones?

cos from what i was told, a child MUST be vaccined with all the compulsory jabs b4 he enters sch. if not, government will send u a letter 'chasing' u to bring ur kid to have all the necessary vaccines done... =)

Ting

yes regina, compulsory ones MUST take. cannot avoid. cos it will be recorded in the health booklet.

for pin, she took rotavirus, n she is still okay, i guess its up to each n every individual.
for those poor lil ones who may hv passed away due to taking vaccines, they might be allergic to certain "ingredients" inside? who knows?

but as mentioned, vaccines dont mean 100% protected. just that it lowers the chances n minimises the damages done when u contracted the virus.

capricon

capricon,

you mentioned that you'll choose not to let your baby take any of the vaccinations, does that include those 'compulsory' ones?

cos from what i was told, a child MUST be vaccined with all the compulsory jabs before he enters sch. if not, government will send you a letter 'chasing' you to bring your kid to have all the necessary vaccines done... =)

Hi Regina,

I did received the letter to remind me to vaccinate my child, it's actually more for their recording purposes. My PD told me that I can delay their vaccination and I can ignore the letter, which I did for my 2 kids.

The compulsory jabs are Measles and Diphtheria which is required by law. You can read this in the INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT.

Search under Fourth Schedule

The rest of the vaccinations that are listed in the health booklet are not compulsory
(except for Measles and
Diphtheria), but recommended. A lot of parents do not know this, unless you have done research on the internet. Initially, I thought all jabs are compulsory until I came upon this website.

I am trying to delay these 2 vaccines for as long as I can for my kids. There is single jab for Measles but no single jabs for Diphtheria.

The Measles single jab is available in these clinics:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Japan Green Clinic .
Paragon Medical Centre #10-01
6734 6577

Raffles Medical - Children Center
Location Level 12, Raffles Hospital
Contact Tel: (65) 6311 1270

Location Tampines One, #03-28
Contact 24-Hour Hotline: (65) 6311 1222 Tel: (65) 6788 2288
[/FONT]

Last edited:

capricon

Pneumoccocal is not compulsory, but recommended and included in the list of vaccination in the health booklet with effect of 1 November. It was optional before it was included in the health booklet.

If you noticed those optional jab like chicken pox, rotavirus etc, they are not included in the health book list. Only those stated in the Infectious Act like Measles and Diphtheria are compulsory by law, unless they add Pneumoccocal in the Fourth schedule under the Infectious Act INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT.
, it will be considered compulsory by law. Hope this clarifies.

More info at http://www.nir.hpb.gov.sg/nir/sv/eservices/eservicesv?ACTION=DISPLAY_VIEW_FAQ_BY_CATEGORY&CATEGORY_ID=IDAR

Last edited:

apollo

yes regina, compulsory ones MUST take. cannot avoid. cos it will be recorded in the health booklet.

for pin, she took rotavirus, n she is still okay, i guess its up to each n every individual.
for those poor lil ones who may have passed away due to taking vaccines, they might be allergic to certain "ingredients" inside? who knows?

but as mentioned, vaccines dont mean 100% protected. just that it lowers the chances n minimises the damages done when you contracted the virus.
i agree with u, it really depends on individual.. everyone's health is diffe.. :tlaugh:

faith

Hi,

My girl will be turning 3 mths soon. Intend to bring her to polyclinic for the 5 in 1 jab. At the same time, I intend to let her have the rotavirus vaccine but understand that polyclinic doesn't provide rotavirus vaccine. just would like to know whether the 5 in 1 jab must be taken exactly at 3 mths or can it be a few days after the 3rd month? How about the rotavirus vaccine? If I bring her to pediatrician for the rotavirus vaccine, can it be taken on the same day that she take the 5 in 1 jab? Or I have to bring her a few days later? Kindly advice.

apollo

Hi,

My girl will be turning 3 mths soon. Intend to bring her to polyclinic for the 5 in 1 jab. At the same time, I intend to let her have the rotavirus vaccine but understand that polyclinic doesn't provide rotavirus vaccine. just would like to know whether the 5 in 1 jab must be taken exactly at 3 mths or can it be a few days after the 3rd month? How about the rotavirus vaccine? If I bring her to pediatrician for the rotavirus vaccine, can it be taken on the same day that she take the 5 in 1 jab? Or I have to bring her a few days later? Kindly advice.
dont have to be exactly 3mth old.. drag 1-2 weeks is okay. most imptly the baby must be well, no cough, no flu, no fever etc... so far i only know babies taking the rotavirus vaccine on the same day and time tgt with the 5in1...

Ting

Pneumoccocal is not compulsory, but recommended and included in the list of vaccination in the health booklet with effect of 1 November. It was optional before it was included in the health booklet.

If you noticed those optional jab like chicken pox, rotavirus etc, they are not included in the health book list. Only those stated in the Infectious Act like Measles and Diphtheria are compulsory, unless they add Pneumoccocal in the Fourth schedule, it will be considered compulsory by law. Hope this clarifies.

More info at National Immunisation Registry
yes chix pox n rotavirus is not compulsory.
but gov just announced tt pneumococcal is compulsory. i know it was not compulsory b4, or i would hv let pin take the vaccination.

SINGAPORE : From November 1, parents will be able to use their Medisave to pay for their child's vaccinations against pneumococcal disease. And that is when the jab becomes compulsory for all newborns in Singapore.

All newborns in Singapore are given Hepatitis B shots, one of the first in a series of compulsory vaccinations they will get over the next 12 years under the National Childhood Immunisation Programme.

From November, the list will also include the pneumococcal vaccine, and parents will be able to use their Medisave accounts to pay for it.

Each vaccine shot costs between S$140 and S$180, and three doses are required by the time the child turns two.

There is an annual limit of S$300 for each Medisave account, but parents may also use their Baby Bonus and Child Development Accounts to pay for the shots.

Those who do not have enough in their Medisave can seek special financial assistance at polyclinics.

The Baby Bonus and Child Development Accounts can also be used to pay for catch-up vaccinations for those under five who have not had the shots, and this is recommended by the Health Ministry. Currently only one in five newborns is immunised against the pneumococcal disease, which can lead to pneumonia, meningitis and ear infection.

The disease is caused by a type of common bacteria, Streptococcus pneumoniae.

Pneumococcal disease is considered a major global health problem, with those under the age of two seen as the most vulnerable.

About one million children die from it every year, mostly in developing countries.

And in Singapore, about 70 children under the age of five are admitted to hospital each year due to the disease. Seven have died since 2000.

hope this clarifies. :)

Last edited:

capricon

Ting,

What you have written in your posting, I have already read it in the internet few days ago. Pneumococcal is not compulsory by law, including other vaccines in the health book list except for Measles and Diphtheria. That is what I meant in the previous posting.

Those vaccines which are not compulsory by law, are considered recommended. As to why our govt choose to use the word "compulsory", I feel it's to enforce parents to vaccinate their children according to schedule but it does not mean that we do not have a choice. I am sharing that vaccines can be delayed when a child showed signs of weakened immune system after immunizing, and the schedule does not have to be followed strictly.

It is totally up to the parents to choose to vaccinate ( a lot of parents do not know that) but whatever consequences that the vaccines may bring, it is we the parents have to be responsible for our choice. Have you ever thought of if a child was damaged by the vaccines, will our govt takes responsibility for it? It may be just 1% of the population (500 in 50,000 babies, that is a lot and who wants to be in that 1%), parents may think my child can't be so unlucky but it's a gamble. We just do not know when it will happen, and it can be anyone. I know some may not agree with me, for those who has friends or relatives whose child has been affected by the vaccines will see vaccines in a different perspective.

Last edited: