Safe to color or highlight hair during pregnancy?

P4nic

i haven went to try that yet. Worse.. lazy to go cut my hair too. now super long n thick.. sian! maybe i gg down soon to cut n dye.

cmeilim

there is no published concrete scientific research that highlighting or colouring hair will affect foetal development adversely. any advice against it is probably more of an old wife's tale more than anything else. as for organic dyes, hmmm....i personally feel it's more of a marketing gimmick targeted at vulnerable pregnant mummies. ultimately i would say as with many things which many people say can do or cannot do during pregnancy but has no real scientific basis, do what you feel is comfortable so that you can have peace of mind and enjoy your pregnancy, rather than worry about consequences.

for me, i didn't colour/dye my hair during #1 and don't intend to do so now in #2 because i didn't feel physically comfortable with having to sit in the salon for 2hr up and smelling in the chemicals.

kaitokane

omg, i actually dye my hair during first trimester .. D: but is not those saloon kind, is i ownself dye .. Anything will happennnnn ? D:

Zenn Yap

I too wanted to get my hair highlighted n coloured as my highlights are fading and look realli ugly. So i asked my gynae . Gynae said until now, there's no scientific proof that colouring hair will harm your baby. Food which we eat will do most harm to baby if we never take precaution. But not hair chemical as it wun do that much harm to baby . But still, its safer not to do anything to your hair until u finish confinement.

citrella

I bought a hair dye that has no ammonia. Intend to self-dye before CNY as my hair is hideous now. I don't think I can wait until my first trimester is over.

Zenn Yap

I bought a hair dye that has no ammonia. Intend to self-dye before CNY as my hair is hideous now. I don't think I can wait until my first trimester is over.
u can actuali visit salons and request for herbal dying. it has no foul smell and it costs cheaper also.

Renzie

I did not dye nor did any chemical treatments on my hair during my pregnancy, even though it was pretty hideous at the end. Even my hairdresser advised me not to, but if I really insist, they'll suggest that I wear a mask while doing it.

i rebond and dye when i was preg too.. doc oso say no scientific to prove otherwise..
prob just old wive tale..

due to job nature.. hair has to be perfect..

my girl is ok.. no such thing as birth mark or anything..

maneo0302

i rebond and dye when i was preg too.. doc oso say no scientific to prove otherwise..
prob just old wive tale..

due to job nature.. hair has to be perfect..

my girl is ok.. no such thing as birth mark or anything..
Oh. that's good.
But for me, I will rather not take the risk. :)

jasobias

most dyes r non ammonia these days.Just get a bottle n diy at home..catch up on some reading ,tv while u r waiting for it to be done all in the comfort of your home..hehhe
i did dye my hair when i was preggers with all my 3 pregnancies..but i did wait till after the 1st trimester as advised by my gynae.

Bows Affair | Facebook
www.bowsaffair.weebly.com