safe to take medication to increase milk supply?

camom

Provided one has understanding company and bosses :)
It's not all abt understanding company n bosses. I find that it's also very personal, i.e the thinking & attitude must be right too. It's shouldn't be another chore that the nursing mother needs to perform. I am extremely thickskinned, I will let my colleagues who sit ard me know I pump and I try to reduce the noise generated by the pump as much as possible. Also, lunching in became a way of life cos tat's probably the only time the least no of people are present in the office. I used to lunch and pump at the same time to cut down on the amt of time required. My bosses didn't complain abt my pumping cos I dun let the sessions get in the way of my work anyway.

cmeilim

It's not all abt understanding company n bosses. I find that it's also very personal, i.e the thinking & attitude must be right too. It's shouldn't be another chore that the nursing mother needs to perform. I am extremely thickskinned, I will let my colleagues who sit ard me know I pump and I try to reduce the noise generated by the pump as much as possible. Also, lunching in became a way of life cos tat's probably the only time the least no of people are present in the office. I used to lunch and pump at the same time to cut down on the amt of time required. My bosses didn't complain abt my pumping cos I dun let the sessions get in the way of my work anyway.

I agree. My colleagues know when I pumped and I made no excuse for it. I made it known to them that I needed to pump diligently every day or else my boy will not get food the next day. It's not a chore, it's basic necessity for survival. And like camom, I lunched in every day so that I could pump, eat and work at the same time. I didnt see it as sacrificing my social life or time for networking either. It's just a choice of 'lifestyle'.

It's easy to find many reasons which can become obstacles to continuing Breastfeeding when one returns to work. Having a supportive working environment helps definitely but I believe it is also up to the individual to stand up for what we need or want to do for our children and persuade/convince our bosses and colleagues without apologies, excuse nor embarrassment.

PTB7476

Attitude I have no issue but I cannot imagine mysel pumping and having lunch in the toilet haha
Currently I am lunching in so that I can pump in the toilet when there is less usage and no way I can disappear 30mins to go toilet to express on 4hrly too well what to do I dun have my own room where I can pump Multi task working sob sob

cmeilim

I have colleagues who do not have their own office and use whichever meeting room is available to pump during lunch time and other times in office. For the latter, they keep their supervisor informed. Other mummies I know just pump at their cubicles, ie no doors, under a nursing cover. One made a cute sign and hang it outside her cubicle partition so that colleagues will know when she is pumping and try not to disturb her. Using a double pump also helps to reduce the amount of time taken to pump both breasts.

babyk2003

Same here! currently drinking sacred tea..and eating traditional foods that encourages increase in milk supply..i like it when mi breast feels engorged..but it doesnt last long..and when mi breast feels soft,i feel so insecure! i rather have a leaking breast than worrying whether mi baby is having enough too!=(
I have that same feeling too! I also tried the sacred tea before, but it doesn't work for me. I also didn't like the taste too. I used to take a lot of fenugreek, but soon it doesn't work for me too. And I found out that I smell like fenugreek when I took fenugreek pills.

maichiang

I have that same feeling too! I also tried the sacred tea before, but it doesn't work for me. I also didn't like the taste too. I used to take a lot of fenugreek, but soon it doesn't work for me too. And I found out that I smell like fenugreek when I took fenugreek pills.
Ohh then wad do you eat/drink to increase?? Nowadays i just reassure miself by telling all women can make enough..thou i do get drifted to,'am i making enough?' but then i pull miself back...

babyk2003

Ohh then wad do you eat/drink to increase?? Nowadays i just reassure miself by telling all women can make enough..thou i do get drifted to,'am i making enough?' but then i pull miself back...
Now I'm drinkingchicken essence. And drink papaya wif fish soup once in a while.

maichiang

[COLOR="gray"
[/COLOR][quote="babyk2003, post: 520269"]Now I'm drinkingchicken essence. And drink papaya with fish soup once in a while.[/QUOTE]

How much does 1 chicken essence cost?? Isn't it expensive to take 1 everyday?

cmeilim

I bought several boxes when there is a big discount at eu Yan sang. Each box of six bots costs abt $11+ during discount. So each bot is less than $2.

babyk2003

Yup,
I'm always kiasu too!
I also buy alot during Eu Yan Sang sale.

If u do not want to take chicken essence, can try to eat more fish.
It's jus that I'm really lazy sometimes, taking a bottle of chicken essence is much easier than preparing fish.

Fiona73

Yup,
I'm always kiasu too!

It's jus that I'm really lazy sometimes, taking a bottle of chicken essence is much easier than preparing fish.[/QUOTE

I got many dozen from confinement. N I still got 6 btl of DOM, 2 btl of ginseng wine, 1 btl og Ginger wine.

PTB7476

[COLOR="gray"
[/COLOR]

How much does 1 chicken essence cost?? Isn't it expensive to take 1 everyday?
just bought a pack of 6 bottle brand chicken essence from watson at $16.9

well like what the other said if lazy to make fish or red date water...this is the easiest of all hahaha and i am willing to give it a try :p since fenugreek dun work for me
i will just treat it that everymorning i had the $2.50 macdonald sausage muffin meal hahaha

Last edited:

Fiona73

Hahaha. Fast food is junk and Chicken essence is 补,so is more worth while. But remember to drink more water as it maybe Heaty to take everyday.

babyk2003

Yup,
I'm always kiasu too!

It's jus that I'm really lazy sometimes, taking a bottle of chicken essence is much easier than preparing fish.[/QUOTE

I got many dozen from confinement. N I still got 6 btl of DOM, 2 btl of ginseng wine, 1 btl og Ginger wine.
wow,So many bottles of wine?

I also got one question. Is it ok to drink DOM or Yomeishu when breastfeeding?
I usually drink before sleep.
But other mummies recommend I express the milk after drinking DOM, as it will affect the baby.