SAHM- how much husband's income is enough?

jojoki

I totally agree! I love being stay home mom! the time flies so fast... it depends on how you do the chores or play with your baby. We dont't have a maid, i do all the chores-going to market, cook, do laundry except for ironing-my dear hubby do that-hahaha... i even manage to play with my 8month old baby... again, it depends on the lifestyle of each family... once a month we eat outside just to reward ourselves-hehehe... we buy things that we need not what we want...:Dancing_tongue:
me too got to do all housework myself *groannnnnn* but i normally do all those at night when she sleeps. When she is awake I keep chores at bay so that we can have quality time together. except for those messes that she makes along the way.. i practise cleaning as I go. I normally only hit the sack around 2am! Gosh I need SLEEP!!

angelwendy

I used to tell my hubby that as a stay at home mum, I dont't get annual leave, medical leave...heck , I can't even shower, pee or poo in peace. That is one thing people always forget when they say that SAHMs are tai-tais. Please. The only SAHMs who are tai-tais are those who are loaded.

I'm hoping that in the near future, I'll be able to work from home, be it for a company or my own business. *keeps fingers crossed*
OMG... Meiteoh... i so agree with what u say... who say that stay home means tai tai...:err: funny right....

Renzie

yeah I totally agree...who says staying at home means being a tai tai...

Being a SAHM means giving up a number of luxuries. But to me its worth-while. I have that peace of mind that my child is safe with me, and I don't need to get worry about her being bullied or what-not.

haha being an SAHM, I barely had time for anything, for my own me-time. Because I have to time my household chores, laundry, naps, baths and meals around her sleeping hours. And if she doesn't want to sleep and start fussying, I practically have to skip meals the whole day til someone comes home and take over.

Alot of my friends think that I'm a tai tai, so good, can stay at home. But its not as if I have a maid/s to help out around the house and the baby. I don't even have time to go to the hair salon. (I'm feeling so huang lian po now~~) Even eating outside need to see how the baby is feeling today, going out just to run a few errands then rush back home, no time for window shopping.

To me I feel that we can look at things half empty or half full. And try to make the best out of them.

Mummy to Baby V

I used to tell my hubby that as a stay at home mum, I dont't get annual leave, medical leave...heck , I can't even shower, pee or poo in peace. That is one thing people always forget when they say that SAHMs are tai-tais. Please. The only SAHMs who are tai-tais are those who are loaded.

I'm hoping that in the near future, I'll be able to work from home, be it for a company or my own business. *keeps fingers crossed*
Exactly, I load myself with healthy food and vitamins so that I don't fall ill. That's the last thing I can afford happening now. All the best in working from home! :)

MsKoh1973

but if stay at home, kids go childcare no subsidy..........

then maid levy oso no discount.............

so some expenses will increase

Mum2bee

then maid levy also no discount.............

oops ....sorry to sidetrack abit...

would like to know more abt tis subsidy thingy.if mum working

any childcare centre also got subsidy?
maid levy discount how much?

work part time consider?

thank you :)

hope seow

then maid levy also no discount.............

Hi, if u stay home, maid levy still got discount at $170 per month as long as your kid is below 12 yrs and employ under your hubby.

As for CC subsidy, for half day care, u r still entitled to $150 per month, but as for full day, also $150.

But i do agree with apollo mummy that u won't need a maid if u sending kid to full day childcare.

If i have a choice, i also preferred to stay at home and spend lesser. I did that when i have only 1 kid but now with 3, expenses really high for single income for me.

MsKoh1973

is really a tough decision to make..............

my husband's birthday coming soon, as a "bonus" to him (cos he hope I can continue to work), tentatively shelve the discussion to make him happy.

MsKoh1973

yipee........my husband has agreed that I can quit from my current job..........

he said after I quit, I can either rest at home for a while, or, can find another job.........

I will try to look for a lesser pay and less stress job.........

actually my current job is stress becos I am doing frontline..........hate to do frontline...............

diymummy

Backend job is not easy too. Get stressed by frontline. LOL! I am in backend. :p

I'm just complaining :p All the best to you anyhow ;)

rainbow123

Money is never enough .
Settle one thing and another thing will prop up.
So 2 income is better . At least can save more .

MsKoh1973

Backend job is not easy too. Get stressed by frontline. LOL! I am in backend. :p

I'm just complaining :p All the best to you anyhow ;)
I hate doing customer service, especially its my "job nature" that I have to deny their request, can u imagine everyday pp scold u, every call u pick up is like a bomb waiting to be exploit.........its beri scary........tho I am on it for 8 yrs liao, and I never got a complaint, but I still worry everyday.........

I hate office telephones!!!

MsKoh1973

Money is never enough .
Settle one thing and another thing will prop up.
So 2 income is better . At least can save more .

I agree 2 income is better than one, lucky my family not big spender, over the years, we have managed to use 75% of one person's income and save the other 125%............

and oso lucky, I have a sensible husband that love to work....kekekekekek

actually I don't mind working, and I oso find that if I dun work, is a waste, cos I am quite a resourceful person, creative and got initiative, is just that, I hate customer service, I really have to get out of that job before I kill someone..........

I hope in my next job nature could be assisting to pp's request than to reject them.........

ahpei

I agree 2 income is better than one, lucky my family not big spender, over the years, we have managed to use 75% of one person's income and save the other 125%............

and also lucky, I have a sensible husband that love to work....kekekekekek

actually I dont't mind working, and I also find that if I dont work, is a waste, cos I am quite a resourceful person, creative and got initiative, is just that, I hate customer service, I really have to get out of that job before I kill someone..........

I hope in my next job nature could be assisting to pp's request than to reject them.........

wow... sounds like my job le....

MsKoh1973

wow... sounds like my job ....
u mean my current job or the future job tat I looking forward to is like ur current job?

I noe at my age is not easy to re-start again, I scare I make the wrong choice, resign and regret, oso scare I don't do it, later when I 50 yo, regret and want to re-start another career oso not easy.

My current job is really stressful, alot of tracking and following up actions to be done. When need to deal with stress I don't like, I eat, eat eat, put on a lot of weight.

Unlike last time when I used to have dateline stress, I could be so engross in working that I forget to eat........cos I am totally sink into my world of how to get job done.........I enjoy tat kind of stress than the current one. I so scare to go to work every day, its beri sian, how to continue like tat for another 20 yrs, if my fattness din kill me, sure my job will.....so I need to give it a try.

And I oso hope to get another child, my current one 5 yo, my weight plus my work stress is making me hard to preg. I hope by giving up my job now, I can focus abit on my health.

Tho I noe there is a possibility that I may not be able to find another job after I leave my current one, and my husband pay is slightly enough to cover family expenses cos I have a big family (my divorced sister, kids, unmarried xiao gu, father all staying with me). But I tell myself, I cannot always live for other pp, if I dun try to get a bb now, once past 40, its going to be extremely difficult.

Will just have to resign, and let the future takes its own course.......take one step at a time..........

ahpei

you mean my current job or the future job that I looking forward to is like your current job?

I know at my age is not easy to re-start again, I scare I make the wrong choice, resign and regret, also scare I dont't do it, later when I 50 yo, regret and want to re-start another career also not easy.

My current job is really stressful, alot of tracking and following up actions to be done. When need to deal with stress I dont't like, I eat, eat eat, put on a lot of weight.

Unlike last time when I used to have dateline stress, I could be so engross in working that I forget to eat........cos I am totally sink into my world of how to get job done.........I enjoy that kind of stress than the current one. I so scare to go to work every day, its very sian, how to continue like that for another 20 yrs, if my fattness did not kill me, sure my job will.....so I need to give it a try.

And I also hope to get another child, my current one 5 yo, my weight plus my work stress is making me hard to preg. I hope by giving up my job now, I can focus abit on my health.

Tho I know there is a possibility that I may not be able to find another job after I leave my current one, and my husband pay is slightly enough to cover family expenses cos I have a big family (my divorced sister, kids, unmarried xiao gu, father all staying with me). But I tell myself, I cannot always live for other pp, if I dont try to get a baby now, once past 40, its going to be extremely difficult.

Will just have to resign, and let the future takes its own course.......take one step at a time..........
i mean your current job really sounds like my job.. i'm under tremendous stress.. althought i'm also frontline, but i don't spend my time dealing with customers, cos i need to concentrate on my projects... and i spend most of my time on the projects, and got no time for the bread and butter businessss... if things don't turn out well, will kana complaint.... haiz...

MsKoh1973

i mean your current job really sounds like my job.. i'm under tremendous stress.. althought i'm also frontline, but i dont't spend my time dealing with customers, cos i need to concentrate on my projects... and i spend most of my time on the projects, and got no time for the bread and butter businessss... if things dont't turn out well, will kana complaint.... sigh...
seems like we tong ping xian lian......

wencyw

hi all,

i recently became a SAHM (going on my 3rd month now) and i must say it's not as easy as i thought! Agree with what most said about money management cos really you earn more, you spend more.

to be frank, now i am feeling kancheong cos not used to having no $$ into my own account...it's kinda depressing! But there are plus points in terms of having the time to take of the family and doing my own things. i really...really wonder how people do it!