Salt and soya sauce required for making baby's food?

shulyn

Hi Snowbear,

Thanks so much for the info! Went to Borders at Parkway and the super baby book sold out. Manage to found one at Wheelock, will be collecting tmr.

Spinach is high in beta carotene just like sweet potato. If consumed in high amts every day it may give your dear son an orange hue. Maybe vary the type of vegetable?

> Sorry ah, wat is orange hue? What other vegetables we can offer for 6 mths plus baby?

> Hey, can ask u, i use porridge, vegetables and fish to blend in a blender. My mum say like this will have wind? Is it true? She is also not very sure, just felt tat porridge blend like a puree not good?

snowbear

Hi Snowbear,

Thanks so much for the info! Went to Borders at Parkway and the super baby book sold out. Manage to found one at Wheelock, will be collecting tomorrow.

> Sorry , what is orange hue? What other vegetables we can offer for 6 mths plus baby?

> Hey, can ask you, i use porridge, vegetables and fish to blend in a blender. My mum say like this will have wind? Is it true? She is also not very sure, just felt that porridge blend like a puree not good?
Orange hue means baby's skin takes on an orangey colour, esp the hands, soles of feet and nose.

Actually a lot of veg that 6 month old can eat are orange vegetables like sweet potato and pumpkin. :) If you want you can start to give a bit of broccoli and cauliflower (give only the florets; the stalk gives rise to gas in stomach). But if you notice that baby has wind in tummy after that then stop giving first and give again only when baby's about 7-8months old. You can give pea puree or french bean puree (this is diff to puree though but beans are nutritious!).

Yeah, i heard about blending will cause baby to have wind theory. Not sure if it's true though. Last time my baby no problem but i didn't do it often. Try and see how your baby reacts to it. If you're afraid to do that but wanna puree your baby's food, you can try pushing the food through a sieve. I also used to do that.

shulyn

haha luckily we got some 'kiasu' companions here cos if not some of my friends will be saying that i over do it including my mum...

ya i have visit the website given by snowbear, its really quite useful and i have add it to my favourite list... and before this website given by snowbear, i'm still going thru some of the random nestle website (and its not much info there too) to see what food shld baby take at what stage and now this website provides all info that i need.. its really great, thanks snowbear...

I'm a full time working mum, and my baby will be at my mum's place during wkdays and I will bring my gal back on fri or if there's any PHs and look after ger over the wkends and bring her back to my mum on sun nite... i also used to cook during wkdays after work but now will tabao during wkdays and cook only during wkends or at times dine out...

> Oh, my mum always find me tired and often ask me to leave my boy there...Me and my hubby always 不舍得 so we bring him back everyday...

actually cooking is fun and i like cooking but i dislike washing up so normally its my hubby who volunteer to do the washings... but sometimes i also lazy to cook too if i'm tired...:tlaugh:
> Wow your hubby so nice, volunteer to do..Tats gd, should help one another:) My hubby also, just tat i used to do all this before pregnancy, so i tends to do everything for him...

annie03

> Wow your hubby so nice, volunteer to do..Tats good, should help one another:) My hubby also, just that i used to do all this before pregnancy, so i tends to do everything for him...

haha... ya at least my hubby help to relief some of my chores...
but its one good factor for you and your hubby too cos he will cherish and rely on you more and also know the importancy of you besides him... :001_302:

and i have also been discussing with my hubby to bring my gal back everyday and now he seems to agree cos my gal has been sleeping thru out the night for the past 2 wks and now its my mum's turn to '舍不得'... :bcute: