Sanitary Towels - Normal VS Maternity

Hi,

Can I use normal sanitary towels (for heavy flow) to absorb lochia? Or is it compulsory to use maternity towels? What are the differences? Which brand of maternity towels are you using?

CanCanMum

normal sanitary pads has a netted top layer (like in whisper ultra dry) which is hard against your stitched skin.....Maternity pads are softer and thicker....feels comfortable when sitting or lying down....

i dink kotex was one of them....but hospitals will provide for u....u will have enuf to last for at least 3 days before u replenish after u discharge

CynCyn

Sanitary towels as in Pads you mean ?

If so , Sanitary Pads is ok .
For my #1 I only used Maternity pads during hospital stay .
Afterwhich my Confinement lady told me that it's ok to use normal ones .
Switched to KOTEX brand . It's able to absorb lochia and feels comfortable as well .

LoVeS

Same here i used Kotex after my maternity ones frm hospital use finish~ Buy those night use ones will b gd enuff~ Maternity pads r too ex n almost the same as night use pads.:tlaugh:

Ah Cheng

I think it depends on indiviudal size.
My friend who is very slim and small size, maternity pad is too big for her, so she just use those overnight long pad will do.

For me, the flow for 1st week is really heavy, so I bought the maternity pad one. Sebquently I am using the overnight cotton one.

Try not to get those ultra thin one cos the flow is alot, and you tend to change every hour if you uses ultrathin one.

I used Pureen ones. Bought at CK in Chinatown, very cheap! Best maternity pads I ever used. V.soft and absorbent with adhesive backing.

Kotex ones need to use the belt and really not v.good. Always move about.

Agree you should use nightime ones if you are smaller maybe but my stitches got caught on the top layer a few times. I swapped to normal towels after about 4-5 days after hospital when swelling had gone down.

dodos

Actually normal pad will do but cotton type better not so painful. By the way, which brand have cotton type huh? Cos normally im using the mesh type. The mesh type will be quite uncomfortable after delivery.

autumn82

Actually normal pad will do but cotton type better not so painful. By the way, which brand have cotton type huh? Cos normally im using the mesh type. The mesh type will be quite uncomfortable after delivery.
Kotex is cotten type... I was using Kotex Overnite Extra long de.. Beri good~~ Better than the Maternity pads.. :tlaugh: