Saving Dripping Milk

chubbycheeks

Hi all

I'm currently using a one-sided AVENT pump. When there's a let-down while expressing, can we collect the BM that's dripping on the other breast and then add on to the bottle when done? is it safe for the baby?

Secondly, do we have to use bra pads all the time? they are quite uncomfortable, no?

autumn82

Y not? It is of the same temp still.. so shld be fine. But when u collect the droplets, erm.. the container u use must be clean. :)

Bra pads depends on whether u will leak milk or not. Not every bfing mummy wears it. :)

CanCanMum

yup u cld save it....its precious, baby. As long as container is clean its good for bb.

bra pads are for engorgement and the milk leaks out when it gets too full...u will need it when u get back to work coz ow it leaks out u will see a wet patch on yr clothings...quite unsightly.

DodoTan

You can get the ISIS Breast Shell Set from AVENT. Wear it on one side while you feed or express on the other side. It will collect the leaking milk and you can save it.

Milky Way Homepage

GlynnisBaby

I used to use those avent container to collect the dripping milk. It can amount to a lot. Very wasted if not collected. Its save as long as container is cleaned.

badtzzz

how to stop of much milk from flowing especially when gg back to work after ML? any suggestions... it's not nice to change breast pads like sanitary pads frequently...

CanCanMum

u will have to find time to pump out the BM while at work....if it gets too engorged...den will soak the whole breast pad. Also it helps if u wake up earlier to pump out den leave for work...den during lunch hour find a cosy spot to pump again....den go home pump again.....yeah pumping and more pumping...

CanCanMum

errmmmm....i never succeeded in BF after working lor LOLs...sure canx la...unless yr BM is flowing non-stop or u r super determinded to make it....in the 1st place my BM is already not enuf le....let alone pump out more....

badtzzz

for now, it will drip like every 3-4 hrs...kind of irritating...argh!!!! i shall see when the 2nd n 3rd mth goes...