Scared

lydiana

Hi...I'm at my 3rd trimester and is on my 35th week of pregnancy... This morning @ around 5 am, my waterbag burst and had to go to hospital...My cervix has not opened yet. Doctor told me that I have to give birth 2morrow...Hope that things would turn out fine...Doc also told me that I can do normal birth........probably baby just cannot wait no more.....:wong19:

CanCanMum

Hi Lydiana,

So u r lying on bed waiting for the cervic to dilate???

dun have to be scared....baby is almost full term....dun worry...lungs are developed well enuf...

so u r on anti-botics drip?? Induced birth most probably???

dun worry, me oso like u, burst waterbag and NO CONTRACTIONS until 4 hours later. Me oso natural birth and induced.

take the time while waiting to catch some sleep. Coz when contractions start its not possible to sleep already.

let us know when yr baby is out!!!

all the best!!!

lydiana

yup....waiting on bed.....so far no drips.....nurse just gave me 2 injections to help the baby's lungs to grow stronger as well as some anti biotics as waterbag already broke....dunno wat time today doctor wld want me to give birth....haiz...

lydiana

Hi...i just got back home.......doctor dun want me to give birth yet...so he asked me to visit his clinic everyday to check....he wants me to hang on another week or so.....

wawa

Hi...i just got back home.......doctor dun want me to give birth yet...so he asked me to visit his clinic everyday to check....he wants me to hang on another week or so.....
I didn't know we can hold on in giving birth when water bag burst. Baby can survive without it? :err:
Sorry if I asked silly quesion. I never had my water bag burst on its own during delivery, only contraction.

CanCanMum

I didn't know we can hold on in giving birth when water bag burst. Baby can survive without it? :err:
Sorry if I asked silly quesion. I never had my water bag burst on its own during delivery, only contraction.
yes definitely...as long as u r under anti-botics drips or medication, coz when water bag burst means chances of baby getting infection is HIGH. And if mother has fever may also mean infection.

CanCanMum

huh???!!! ONE WeEK???!!! DEFINITELY NOT !!!

Lydiana.....maybe u shd insist to deliver instead....

i tot 1 or 2 days still possible.........

CanCanMum

what is the reason not wanting u to gv birth yet???

another week is definitely too long....if baby infected how???? No need to monitor fetal heartbeat mehz???? Funny leh....i was on bed with anti-botics drips somemore.....when mine broke!!!

yes like dodos mentioned baby canx survive wo amniotic fluid FOR ONE WHOLE WEEK WORHZ....later umbilical cord drop out how???? Dangerous MANZ!!! Sure anot??????

CanCanMum

yes definitely...as long as u r under anti-botics drips or medication, coz when water bag burst means chances of baby getting infection is HIGH. And if mother has fever may also mean infection.
sorry for my misleading answer, coz i presume we are waiting to deliver on the bed with drips, fetal heartbeat monitoring device cum contractions detection device...sorry sorry......

ONE WEEK IS DEFINITELY CRAZY!!!!

autumn82

Hi hunnie,

Pls go and check wif the doc if it is safe to delay for 1 week then give birth. Coz it is dangerous for the baby when the protective layer (waterbag) for him/her is broken. And wat is his reason for delaying it for a week. Btw, which gynea are u seeing now?

For my DD, waterbag burst for like 12hrs later, then I realised something was wrong.. When I called my doc, he told me to go to the hospital for a check. Confirmed was waterbag burst tt time, he was scolding me like mad.. :x Dangerous for bb..

wawa

By reading the posts here, I can imagine how dangerous it is. You should confirm with your gynae again.

lydiana

thanks for the concern guys.....i also just found out abt this.....i tot at 1st that since waterbag had burst, it means that its time to deliver....doctor told me to hang on another week as my baby is abt 2.4kg heavy and he wants bby to be bigger b4 delivered, He also said that if i could hang on till i turn 9 mths wld be the best but that wld be like 2 weeks more.....i have to visit the clinic every 2 days and check my own temp and make sure bby is moving everyday. Its a bit troublesome bt wattodo? The doc knows best and i trust him. Bby also dun wanna go out yet as i am nt having any contractions and cervix is nt opened yet....i wld keep u guys updated and share my xperience wit all of u ok?....wish me luck!!!

Last edited:

autumn82

Wow.. That's cool.. I didn't know can wait once waterbag burst. LOL. But during my 1st pregnancy, my waterbag also burst w no contractions & cervix only 1cm dilated. Doc kept me hospitalised to monitor if can go natural but after 12hrs, cervix still not open, so I delivered my DD @ 36wk and she weighs only 2.1kg. But within 2days, her weight gained very fast so she was able to leave the hospital together w me. Heh.

All the best to u & ur darling bb~~ :) Keep us updated!!

lydiana

right now bby weights abt 2.4 kg...doc wants her to be bigger b4 i give birth to her....so now i'm trying my best to eat more nutritious food to help fatten baby up...

lydiana

went to d clinic yesterday for my ctg scan....doc says everything is fine and baby heart rate is good.......but i am having contactions very often....i am in pain ost of the time....haiz....

autumn82

Eh.. Having contractions very often? Going to deliver soon? Btw, which gynae r u seeing now eh...

CanCanMum

went to d clinic yesterday for my ctg scan....doc says everything is fine and baby heart rate is good.......but i am having contactions very often....i am in pain ost of the time....haiz....
how often is often????

if your contractions are 20mins apart its time to get admitted...otherwise gib birth at home already.....

good to know baby is good!!!

lydiana

how often is often????

if your contractions are 20mins apart its time to get admitted...otherwise gib birth at home already.....

good to know baby is good!!!
it was 20-25mins apart the other day....then i got less frequent...now, its abt twice in an hour..2moro i am goin for checkup then see wat doc says........