School Bullies - how to handle?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
New students warned to avoid bully group

"...this group of Secondary3 boys landed themselves in trouble recently for taunting, mocking and intimidating a Sec 1 boy from the same school.
For bullying their junior, three from the group of eight older boys were publicly caned last week.... 'I heard that some older boys were going around terrorising younger students. I told my son not to be scared, and not to provoke them.' He added, however, that he felt caning the students was 'too harsh'.... 'Many of these bullies come from families where there is violence. They see violence acted out between their parents, and that violence produces certain results..."

I think I will storm to school and kick some A$$...
Which is worst? The bullies or the ppl/parent who condones such acts? I think both r just as bad.
'not to provoke them' is as good as MYOB, as long as it's somebody's else business... which makes the bullies bolder.
Counselling or trying to empathise with the bullies, should be pre-emptive rather than reactive approach.
Perhaps more tricky when it comes to girl bullies.... do schools do public caning to girls?

autumn82

New students warned to avoid bully group

"...this group of Secondary3 boys landed themselves in trouble recently for taunting, mocking and intimidating a Sec 1 boy from the same school.
For bullying their junior, three from the group of eight older boys were publicly caned last week.... 'I heard that some older boys were going around terrorising younger students. I told my son not to be scared, and not to provoke them.' He added, however, that he felt caning the students was 'too harsh'.... 'Many of these bullies come from families where there is violence. They see violence acted out between their parents, and that violence produces certain results..."

I think I will storm to school and kick some A$$...
Which is worst? The bullies or the ppl/parent who condones such acts? I think both r just as bad.
'not to provoke them' is as good as MYOB, as long as it's somebody's else business... which makes the bullies bolder.
Counselling or trying to empathise with the bullies, should be pre-emptive rather than reactive approach.
Perhaps more tricky when it comes to girl bullies.... do schools do public caning to girls?
Nothing new rite? Has been going on for ages and won't stop anyway. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Nothing new rite? Has been going on for ages and won't stop anyway. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Last time u got kena cane b4 a not? :p
I think girl bullies more fierce than boy bullies... cos' they fight with their long nails... Wolverine style!
Next time send my DD to learn martial arts for self defence... TAIJI ... :p

Last edited:

autumn82

I think next time send my DD to learn martial arts for self defence... TAIJI ... :p
:err::err::err: Never saw gals got cane b4.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

then she will be the one kanna cane wor.. Beware. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

lisa_ng

I think next time send my DD to learn martial arts for self defence... TAIJI ... :p
taiji??
i was having this tot of letting my girl learn fencing. hehe
not sure if it does consist of any defence.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
taiji??
i was having this tot of letting my girl learn fencing. hehe
not sure if it does consist of any defence.
*was playing with the edit button... cool leh :p

Fencing??!! Can self-defence meh? Unless u bring the sword to school...
Akido also need wood sword...
Taiji better... un-arm combat :)

Tok cok lah..... :p

Anyway, the bullying is nothing new... but now as parent...so kinda different.
Last time can fend for ownself... now must fend/worry for kids :)

wenz

no caning for gals.. schools are not allow to cane gals.. unless on the palm..

last time my sch.. they fight everyday.. from canteen to toilet to classroom to court yard... but i think times are better now even thou there are still some black sheep here and there..

my son is learning wushu... hopefully he can defence himself if he really met bullies... but i always tell him its for defence only not to fight... hehe

joeichen

Hw old can the kids start learning martial arts?
Mayb abit too early to ask but seen all these n been thru ourselve so kinda wori oso.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
no caning for gals.. schools are not allow to cane gals.. unless on the palm..

last time my sch.. they fight everyday.. from canteen to toilet to classroom to court yard... but i think times are better now even thou there are still some black sheep here and there..

my son is learning wushu... hopefully he can defence himself if he really met bullies... but i always tell him its for defence only not to fight... hehe
Cool... gals can learn wushu 2... I rather not taekwando... let my DD become butch :p
Cannot cane gals... no wonder the gal bullies so fierce lah... some convent gals more fierce! haha!

Ottermum

Hey DaddyD just teach your DD to scream better...

anything happens just SCREAMMMMMM.....Principal will come out like this...

like '包租婆‘ in 周星驰's '功夫' :001_302:

joeichen

Hahahaha..... If his DD got the guts to scream when kana bully then shld not kana bully liao.
I do agreed those gals fr girls' sch r more fierce.
Gal fight r more fierce than guys, some took off the victim's clothes, thr was a case when the bullies ask a guy fren to rape the victim, was it rape or oral sex...
So bad....

wenz

Hw old can the kids start learning martial arts?
Mayb abit too early to ask but seen all these n been thru ourselve so kinda wori oso.
my son starts wushu at the age of 7yrs old... still abit too late i think... i see some kids started at 5-6yrs old... but i think best age will be around 6yrs old...

EnFlor

My P1 son kena bully (verbal taunt + tricks to make him fall purposely) by one of his peers from the same group. I cannot tahan any longer coz my son would come back feeling upset over that fella. So after 3 mths of all that nonsense, i called the teacher. She arranged for me to meet that kid's parent. We discussed before the teacher.

But dunno what to say lah coz that bully's father kindda defended some of his son's action. What the hell!!!!!! maybe father was a bully also when he was a kid. In fact, we both were not satisfied from the outcome of the meeting coz we 'debated' a bit.

So next time, another kid bullies his son, let's see if he still relax or he will throw a fit just like i did. Only P1 has the nerve to bully peers. I wonder what will happen when he gets older! My son also, alamak, must teach him to be more gung-ho like the mummy when she was younger. Fight back!

Daddy D

Alpha Male
My P1 son kena bully (verbal taunt + tricks to make him fall purposely) by one of his peers from the same group. I cannot tahan any longer coz my son would come back feeling upset over that fella. So after 3 mths of all that nonsense, i called the teacher. She arranged for me to meet that kid's parent. We discussed before the teacher.

But dunno what to say lah coz that bully's father kindda defended some of his son's action. What the hell!!!!!! maybe father was a bully also when he was a kid. In fact, we both were not satisfied from the outcome of the meeting coz we 'debated' a bit.

So next time, another kid bullies his son, let's see if he still relax or he will throw a fit just like i did. Only P1 has the nerve to bully peers. I wonder what will happen when he gets older! My son also, alamak, must teach him to be more gung-ho like the mummy when she was younger. Fight back!
Aiyo... P1 kena liao...
That's the thing abt some parents... even if own kid is in the wrong, naturally will defend own kid...
Usually bullies come from violent families, as per the article above.
If teacher not enuff power/gung ho... then go to the P :)

Imagine if your kid is quiet quiet kind... more jiat lat... kena bullied also dun dare tell parents.

So your kid still kena bully a not, after the discussion?
I agree must teach the kid to be gungho/streetwise...fight back... defensively lah :)

autumn82

Aiyo... P1 kena liao...
That's the thing abt some parents... even if own kid is in the wrong, naturally will defend own kid...
Usually bullies come from violent families, as per the article above.
If teacher not enuff power/gung ho... then go to the P :)

Imagine if your kid is quiet quiet kind... more jiat lat... kena bullied also dun dare tell parents.

So your kid still kena bully a not, after the discussion?
I agree must teach the kid to be gungho/streetwise...fight back... defensively lah :)
Police?! My DD sure kanna bully de.. :p

wenz

Oh i think quite common... when my son enters P1 he also kena bully like pushing, tripping and scolding, snatching his stuff etc etc.. he was once upset and dun wanna go school...
so i tell him when his fren disturb or bully him, tell ur form teacher.. if ur form teacher is not reacting i gonna call or sms him...
so he did and i also send emails and sms to his form teacher indicating the names of the pupils and how they bully him and he dun feel like going school..

lucky my son's school teacher they are quite gd in reacting to such situation... any after awhile i think 6months?? my son can adapt already...

anyway now the bully becomes my son's gd fren and he helps my son to fight off other bullies... very funny... 'bu da bu xiang shi'

i used to joke and tell my son... if ppl bully u, u tell ur fren dun do so if not u tell teacher, if no use, den u go tell teacher... if still cannot den u wack him back! haha... but just joking la...