Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil

shulyn

Any mummies been giving this to your child?

My boy just turn 1 yrs old and i thought of introduce this cod liver oil to him. The instruction stated 15ml for 1 yrs old and above, meaning if i use the medicine spoon (5ml) i need to give him 3 times. Is it too much? Do i have to follow accordingly? My mum told me i can just give 1 spoon will do....

Needed your advice. Thanks!

Pamper

erm.. it's ok actually. but what i did was i use the normal metal tablespoon and gave 1 spoon only.. Not every kid cant take the taste so maybe you can give 5ml first & c how it goes.. =)

sharonyi66

Any mummies been giving this to your child?

My boy just turn 1 yrs old and i thought of introduce this cod liver oil to him. The instruction stated 15ml for 1 yrs old and above, meaning if i use the medicine spoon (5ml) i need to give him 3 times. Is it too much? Do i have to follow accordingly? My mum told me i can just give 1 spoon will do....

Needed your advice. Thanks!
I remember PD once told me not to give Cod Liver oil to kids too early as it contain high Vit A.. I wait till when my elder girl is around 3yrs old then I give her. But i gave her GNC Colostrum and Vit C after she turned 1 year old.

Maybe you would want to check with yr PD 1st before giving?

diymummy

My friend is feeding this to her son.

She uses 1 spoon and dilutes it with water. She bought the orange flavour one. She has been feeding this to her boy for a while and she says it really makes a difference in terms of buildng his immunity. She started feeding this when her son is abt 18mths I think. Her son is 2 years old now.

shulyn

My friend is feeding this to her son.

She uses 1 spoon and dilutes it with water. She bought the orange flavour one. She has been feeding this to her boy for a while and she says it really makes a difference in terms of buildng his immunity. She started feeding this when her son is about 18mths I think. Her son is 2 years old now.
Thanks Lynette!

Just for sharing to all, i happen to search frm internet abt this cod liver oil and found this review, like what Diymummy mentions, the friend give to the boy and it makes a difference in terms of building his immunity.

Fighting the common cold war seems to be a losing battle for me.Sad to say, I found out that there is no quick relief for the common cold. No matter what you do once you caught the colds,you will have to let it run its course,from days to weeks.Realizing this fact, I have been searching high and low for something to prevent getting cold in the first place.
Browsing through the local pharmacy counter, I come across Scott’s Emulsion Cod Liver Oil. To me,it is just another fish oil.Not until the beautiful girl there explained that it is very effective to keep colds at bay provided it is taken daily.On closer inspection of the package, I find that it also contains [COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]vitamin [/FONT][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR] and D,plus DHA which is one of the life’s building block found in the [COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]brain[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and eye. I tell to myself quietly why not try this product.What am I going to loose other than it make my pocket lighter by 4 dollars?
So every morning and evening,I start to take one tablespoon of Scott’s Emulsion Cod Liver Oil religiously.The thick slimmy paste of this product and its medicated smell initially make it quite tough for me to swallow it but as time goes by,I find that it beginning to taste sweet. I also begin to notice that I have less sneezing and runny nose. I guess this product is working for me as it strenghens my body’s [COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]immune [/FONT][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]system[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR] against any virus and bacteria attack.After one month of gulping the paste down my throat,I am totally free from colds.Finally, I have found the right [COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=#ee7e02 !important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]remedies[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of cold prevention in Scott’s Emulsion cod liver oil which I will continue to take for life!Not only that,I also give the cod liver oil to my cold susceptiple daughter which I hope will work for her as well.

shulyn

I remember pediatrician once told me not to give Cod Liver oil to kids too early as it contain high Vit A.. I wait till when my elder girl is around 3yrs old then I give her. But i gave her GNC Colostrum and Vit C after she turned 1 year old.

Maybe you would want to check with your pediatrician 1st before giving?
Thanks sharon for sharing, i have check with my PD when i brought my boy back for his jab at 12 mths old. PD says its fine to give but think i will call and ask again does having too much Vit A will cause any harm:)

I have called my PD from SBCC and they told me cod liver oil is like an additional supplement to our child. Its fine to give...

Last edited:

littlesheep

Any diff between original & orange flavour?
I started giving my girl orange flavour (cos i don't like the original one) but friends told me orange flavour no use..must go for the original one.

isabelandrew

Hi, I do noticed that my girl (2 hrs Liao) recovers faster than usual . She takes well, Nordic naturals cod liver oil instead. One pd at KK once told us that Scottsdale emulsion is diluted w water that's why white color...
She only takes one small teaspoon very lunch. Imagine flu only one day, next day start jumping again. :)

Yes they fall sick once in a blue moon.. But cope better with a stronger immunity.....

Ivy Miao

Any diff between original & orange flavour?
I started giving my girl orange flavour (cos i don't like the original one) but friends told me orange flavour no use..must go for the original one.
Hi littlesheep mummy, its best to feed the original ones. Oranges encourage phlegm. And it introduce them to have sweeter tooth in future. U started feeding your girl orange flavour and if you want to switch the the original ones, it may take sometimes.. She might reject. Because its not sweet like the orange ones.

Ivy Miao

Do you feed the cod liver oil with teaspoon? My bb don't like , i have to use syringe :(
I fed dear son with 1 tea spoon of cod liver every after his bath. Initially, he doesn't like it. Also use syringe. No choice.. Its for their good. But now he starts to accept the taste. You might want to continue feeding and slowly let ur bb get use to the taste?

redjn

my boy is 4+ now & been feeding him 15ml each intake. I give him the orig flavour, lucky me, my boy had no issue when come to medicine flavour. In fact, he likes the orig flavour so much so that he will come after me for it everyday.