Seriously?!

Ting

You know I am *STILL* doing my sleep training because my hubby keeps on interrupting. So frustrating.

The other day we left dear daughter with my mother in law for the first-time to babysit as it was my birthday and we wanted to spend the day out alone. I packed everything properly for her, milk powder, bottle, handkerchief, diapers, extra set of clothes to change into. We left her around 11am, and went back to get dear daughter around 6pm.

You know what? She never change the diaper!!! I remember I pack 2 diapers, come back also 2 diapers in the bag. Then my girl was drooling so much but she didn't change into the extra set of clothes I brought. Gosh.

And that day she totally screw up my sleep training. Carry and rock her to sleep. We had so much problems getting her to go to bed that night!!!

Also his know-it-all aunty gave us a cream to put for dear daughter's eczema. She say last time use on dont't know who very good, then keep telling us to use it. & you know I found out from the dermatologist at NSC that it's a very strong steroid cream!!! dear daughter's skin got white patches now because of that. Somemore after we told her very nicely, she didn't even feel guilty about it at all!

really?? omg! how's lauralynn now??
for me, i dun anyhow use cream on pin... if my mum wanna buy, she will also call me n then i will go to check it out first then buy..

PinkDiamonds

really?? omg! how's lauralynn now??
for me, i dont anyhow use cream on pin... if my mum wanna buy, she will also call me n then i will go to check it out first then buy..

Now we just use the doctor prescribed cream on her, but her chest area got white patches because of the strong steroid cream. Really stupid.

PinkDiamonds

Sometimes I really wonder how I am going to carry on like this. Why doesn't he understand why I am doing certain things? I explained to him, but he don't get it at all, can even talk back to me. He does not have to deal with her nonsense everyday, but I have to and I don't have all the time to sit in front of her and entertain her (I need to do work & homework). To him, he comes home after work and can just play and entertain her whenever she calls. I have to tell him that he is cultivating a bad habit, that whenever she cries she expects someone to come to her immediately. But he don't get it.

My parents admit that she sticks to me a lot (because we spend everyday together), but they don't seem supportive of my ways. My MIL, don't say already, little bit of noise she will think that something horrible has happened to DD.

I really feel like I am doing this all alone, and that nobody can see my intentions. I am her mother, would I torture her and abuse her? I just want things to be the best for the both of us. To maintain my sanity, and to nurture her well.

It's so hard when he don't see where I'm coming from, or thinks that certain things are okay. I really wonder, what on earth have I gotten myself into for having this child?!

apollo

You know I am *STILL* doing my sleep training because my hubby keeps on interrupting. So frustrating.

The other day we left dear daughter with my mother in law for the first-time to babysit as it was my birthday and we wanted to spend the day out alone. I packed everything properly for her, milk powder, bottle, handkerchief, diapers, extra set of clothes to change into. We left her around 11am, and went back to get dear daughter around 6pm.

You know what? She never change the diaper!!! I remember I pack 2 diapers, come back also 2 diapers in the bag. Then my girl was drooling so much but she didn't change into the extra set of clothes I brought. Gosh.

And that day she totally screw up my sleep training. Carry and rock her to sleep. We had so much problems getting her to go to bed that night!!!

Also his know-it-all aunty gave us a cream to put for dear daughter's eczema. She say last time use on dont't know who very good, then keep telling us to use it. & you know I found out from the dermatologist at NSC that it's a very strong steroid cream!!! dear daughter's skin got white patches now because of that. Somemore after we told her very nicely, she didn't even feel guilty about it at all!
i know hw u feel!! hubby's aunt also lik tt!!! her daugther is 3yrs old and she assume that 3yrs gap is v near so i shd follow EVERYTHING she did... ds's butt was reddish and she intro me GAIA cream, claiming that it's v good cos it's ORGANIC! i told her i wanna try out desitin as it's v recommended my many mummies... she bought GAIA for me without even asking i wan.. okay fine, i use lohh... in e end ds's red butt even red!!! she insisted that everything which suits her daughter will and MUST suit my ds.. crazy right?? use what diapers, drink what fm, use which brand paci, hw old gif paci, etc etc also wanna kaypo!!!

apollo

Sometimes I really wonder how I am going to carry on like this. Why doesn't he understand why I am doing certain things? I explained to him, but he dont't get it at all, can even talk back to me. He does not have to deal with her nonsense everyday, but I have to and I dont't have all the time to sit in front of her and entertain her (I need to do work & homework). To him, he comes home after work and can just play and entertain her whenever she calls. I have to tell him that he is cultivating a bad habit, that whenever she cries she expects someone to come to her immediately. But he dont't get it.

My parents admit that she sticks to me a lot (because we spend everyday together), but they dont't seem supportive of my ways. My mother in law, dont't say already, little bit of noise she will think that something horrible has happened to dear daughter.

I really feel like I am doing this all alone, and that nobody can see my intentions. I am her mother, would I torture her and abuse her? I just want things to be the best for the both of us. To maintain my sanity, and to nurture her well.

It's so hard when he dont't see where I'm coming from, or thinks that certain things are okay. I really wonder, what on earth have I gotten myself into for having this child?!
dont be sad okay? me too, everytime ds sick, hubby's aunt will go 'backstab' me, go tell grand mil the way i take care ds CMI lahh, etc... when ds was admitted to hospital, she can even cal and KP me saying that i shdnt lik this or lik that, hw come her daughter young dont hav colic, dont hav reflux, very heaelthy, hw come mine like tt? must be i buy her cheap FM, that's y... she always say until i torture ds... but this stupid woman dont know that every babies is diffe to be handled by the same way...

sometimes my parents also dont agree with my ways of taking care ds... i prefer to carry and pat him slp. while my dad prefers to put him in sarong and shake him until he slp... it's really v hard for ppl to stop commenting and stop teaching us what to do.. they just dont understand we, as the mothers will know how to take care our own babies in our own unique ways, dont have and dont need to teach...

PinkDiamonds

dont be sad okay? me too, everytime dear son sick, hubby's aunt will go 'backstab' me, go tell grand mother in law the way i take care dear son CMI lahh, etc... when dear son was admitted to hospital, she can even cal and KP me saying that i shdnt lik this or lik that, hw come her daughter young dont hav colic, dont hav reflux, very heaelthy, hw come mine like that? must be i buy her cheap FM, that's why... she always say until i torture dear son... but this stupid woman dont know that every babies is diffe to be handled by the same way...

sometimes my parents also dont agree with my ways of taking care dear son... i prefer to carry and pat him sleep. while my dad prefers to put him in sarong and shake him until he sleep... it's really very hard for ppl to stop commenting and stop teaching us what to do.. they just dont understand we, as the mothers will know how to take care our own babies in our own unique ways, dont have and dont need to teach...
Thanks for your encouragement. Actually I don't really care much about what other people think or want to say, because like what you say, everyone has their own thinking of how to bring up their babies.

I'm feeling more in despair because my hubby doesn't seem to support what I do. I've been trying hard to explain to him, use soft & hard method, but he doesn't seem to understand. He cannot stand it when DD cries and cries and cries. Now she knows how to whine and all he can say is her character is just like me. I said character like me, but doesn't mean he can encourage that behavior right?

I also hate it when my parents or hubby says her character follow me, and that she behaves certain way because I'm like that too. Like whatever behavior she displays is because I pass it on to her, not because of our actions that cause her to be like that. Why do people keep seeing DD as a photocopy of me? She is a unique individual, a baby. She is NOT a clone of me!!!

Stan

ting, hard not to have worrr... told you last time that i used to get along with mother in law... but NOW... different story...
Me too, very gum with MIL last time... now i cannot take her nonsense.. esp when she tries to force her so called tried and tested methods on my baby... please lor.. that was outdated 30 years ago!!!!

apollo

Thanks for your encouragement. Actually I dont't really care much about what other people think or want to say, because like what you say, everyone has their own thinking of how to bring up their babies.

I'm feeling more in despair because my hubby doesn't seem to support what I do. I've been trying hard to explain to him, use soft & hard method, but he doesn't seem to understand. He cannot stand it when dear daughter cries and cries and cries. Now she knows how to whine and all he can say is her character is just like me. I said character like me, but doesn't mean he can encourage that behavior right?

I also hate it when my parents or hubby says her character follow me, and that she behaves certain way because I'm like that too. Like whatever behavior she displays is because I pass it on to her, not because of our actions that cause her to be like that. Why do people keep seeing dear daughter as a photocopy of me? She is a unique individual, a baby. She is NOT a clone of me!!!
my mum also like that.. she always says ds always so fussy cos i was lik that when i was young.. so now ds is here to 'help' my mum to bully me bk.. and she lik to say things lik "your son dont lik u lahh, he lik me better cos i sayang him more".. in fact ds will look for me when i'm not ard but not my mum... she sometimes will even tell ds "must bully mummy okay?"

mayb u can try passing ur dd to ur hubby for 1 day, u go out with ur frens.. let him take care of ur dd, let him know hw tough it is to be a sahm.. think aft tt he will not be so bochap or say stupid things to u anymore.. last time my hubby always think that taking care of ds is so easy until i threw ds to him one day and walk out of the hse.. my mum also, now she will 'beg' me to stay at home when i say i wanna go out to get some stuffs.. cos now ds only wants me... so my mum just leave it up to me on how i wanna handle him, since ds is more sticky to me alrdy =)

Stan

Sometimes I really wonder how I am going to carry on like this. Why doesn't he understand why I am doing certain things? I explained to him, but he dont't get it at all, can even talk back to me. He does not have to deal with her nonsense everyday, but I have to and I dont't have all the time to sit in front of her and entertain her (I need to do work & homework). To him, he comes home after work and can just play and entertain her whenever she calls. I have to tell him that he is cultivating a bad habit, that whenever she cries she expects someone to come to her immediately. But he dont't get it.

My parents admit that she sticks to me a lot (because we spend everyday together), but they dont't seem supportive of my ways. My mother in law, dont't say already, little bit of noise she will think that something horrible has happened to dear daughter.

It's so hard when he dont't see where I'm coming from, or thinks that certain things are okay. I really wonder, what on earth have I gotten myself into for having this child?!
Sounds like my mil!!

PinkDiamonds

my mum also like that.. she always says dear son always so fussy cos i was lik that when i was young.. so now dear son is here to 'help' my mum to bully me back.. and she lik to say things lik "your son dont lik you lahh, he lik me better cos i sayang him more".. in fact dear son will look for me when i'm not around but not my mum... she sometimes will even tell dear son "must bully mummy okay?"

mayb you can try passing your dear daughter to your hubby for 1 day, you go out with your friends.. let him take care of your dear daughter, let him know hw tough it is to be a stay at home mum.. think after that he will not be so bochap or say stupid things to you anymore.. last time my hubby always think that taking care of dear son is so easy until i threw dear son to him one day and walk out of the house.. my mum also, now she will 'beg' me to stay at home when i say i wanna go out to get some stuffs.. cos now dear son only wants me... so my mum just leave it up to me on how i wanna handle him, since dear son is more sticky to me alrdy =)
I do leave DD with hubby on some days when I need to go out. He can handle her, no problem, because he will just talk to her, entertain her, carry her when needed. He therefore thinks it doesn't take much effort to calm and quieten her down, because he does it only for ONE DAY. But what he doesn't see is that if I have to do this on a daily basis, I will go crazy!

This is the same problem as with trying to re-train her sleeping habits. He will go in and try to calm her to sleep, and he will come back to me and say, "See so easy, just sayang her only what, then she sleep already mah." But like I said, this is definitely not the way to go for me if I have to do this every single night for the next few years! But I have to say he is getting slightly better now.

On nights when I'm super bo chap, I will tell him, "I can bear with the crying, if you cannot you go and pacify her lor." And knowing him, he will of course go to quieten her down. After 3 days of doing it, he told me he don't know what to do with her :tlaugh:

apollo

I do leave dear daughter with hubby on some days when I need to go out. He can handle her, no problem, because he will just talk to her, entertain her, carry her when needed. He therefore thinks it doesn't take much effort to calm and quieten her down, because he does it only for ONE DAY. But what he doesn't see is that if I have to do this on a daily basis, I will go crazy!

This is the same problem as with trying to re-train her sleeping habits. He will go in and try to calm her to sleep, and he will come back to me and say, "See so easy, just sayang her only what, then she sleep already mah." But like I said, this is definitely not the way to go for me if I have to do this every single night for the next few years! But I have to say he is getting slightly better now.

On nights when I'm super bo chap, I will tell him, "I can bear with the crying, if you cannot you go and pacify her ." And knowing him, he will of course go to quieten her down. After 3 days of doing it, he told me he dont't know what to do with her :tlaugh:
yup i do agree that 1 or 2 days is v easy but definitely not everyday.. we are the caregivers, we shd call the shot! my parents always carry ds and this make him now v used to being carried.. like what u said, we as the mothers spend more time with our babies and certain things other did will add on lotsa unwanted stress on us..

PinkDiamonds

yup i do agree that 1 or 2 days is very easy but definitely not everyday.. we are the caregivers, we should call the shot! my parents always carry dear son and this make him now very used to being carried.. like what you said, we as the mothers spend more time with our babies and certain things other did will add on lotsa unwanted stress on us..

Yes! I always scold my husband and tell him, "See because of [insert someone's name] she now like that. Then I have to be the one to kio sai!"

apollo

Yes! I always scold my husband and tell him, "See because of [insert someone's name] she now like that. Then I have to be the one to kio sai!"
haha!!! u know, i have actually train ds to 'forget' abt his sarong aka yaolan but my dad go re-intro him again!! so right now, he is inside his lovely sarong again!!! everyone in the hse EXCEPT ME feels that he shd slp in the sarong!!! KILL ME PLS!!!

fioncess

Now we just use the doctor prescribed cream on her, but her chest area got white patches because of the strong steroid cream. Really stupid.
omg!!! then will the white patches go off??? hear alr so scary.... if she not pretty alr can sue her....

fioncess

haha!!! you know, i have actually train dear son to 'forget' about his sarong aka yaolan but my dad go re-intro him again!! so right now, he is inside his lovely sarong again!!! everyone in the house EXCEPT ME feels that he should sleep in the sarong!!! KILL ME PLS!!!
hey regina, my mum who take care of my bb when im at wrk also let her slp yaolan. but every night i pat her to zzz cos my hse no yaolan my bb also ok... maybe you can train bb to be like tt?? can slp without yaolan also??

Ting

ting, hard not to have worrr... told you last time that i used to get along with mother in law... but NOW... different story...
haha, im praying too.
well, bf's mum alr told him tt next time she wont be living with us but with his younger sis instead.
so at least, the conflict will be reduced!

snowbear

haha, im praying too.
well, bf's mum already told him that next time she wont be living with us but with his younger sis instead.
so at least, the conflict will be reduced!
:tlaugh::tlaugh:ya, will be reduced! I dun stay with mil but still can have conflicts... haha.. .coz she suka suka come my house and touch my things etc. Think I told you the story already rite? haha. dun wanna repeat...

PinkDiamonds

:tlaugh::tlaugh:ya, will be reduced! I dont stay with mother in law but still can have conflicts... haha.. .coz she suka suka come my house and touch my things etc. Think I told you the story already rite? haha. dont wanna repeat...
Hahaha. I HATE it when my MIL come to my house and touch my things!!! She will come to my kitchen and open my drawers, or when she see a stack of paper on our tables she will go and see. -.-