shadow in foteus's intestine

i asking on behalf of my cousin in law.. she is now in her 24weeks of pregnancy.. during 22week detail scan was done and written that her bb intestine have shadow and the radation wavy is vry strong ....today she went to check-up and dd told her that her bb is congestion ( stuck) and hv arrange for another scanning in 2 weeks times.. anyone know what the cause and what is the danger as the dr told her might need to abort the bb if is getting bigger and congest her fluid flow.

pls help if anyone know abt this case as we are nw living in beijing..

stonston

I've read in my books about a shadow in the intestines and it is due to the intestines got tangled up (by nature, no one's fault). Due to the tangle, afew things could happen:
1. Restricts food/fluid down the intestinal tract, causing bloating and possibly damaging other vital organs as a result
2. Tangle becomes so bad that blood supply to the intestines is cut off and the intestines die. Baby will need to undergo emergency surgery to remove dead intestine and will need to be on TPN for very long time (could be for rest of lifetime)

But it could also be a one off thing (just like having constipation) and it clears off on it's own after a while (maybe that's why they want to do another scan 2 weeks later).

Is the doctor a reputable one at a hospital with better equipment? Cos older ultrasound machines may not be able to allow the doctor to check accurately on the problem.

I've read in my books about a shadow in the intestines and it is due to the intestines got tangled up (by nature, no one's fault). Due to the tangle, afew things could happen:
1. Restricts food/fluid down the intestinal tract, causing bloating and possibly damaging other vital organs as a result
2. Tangle becomes so bad that blood supply to the intestines is cut off and the intestines die. Baby will need to undergo emergency surgery to remove dead intestine and will need to be on TPN for very long time (could be for rest of lifetime)

But it could also be a one off thing (just like having constipation) and it clears off on it's own after a while (maybe that's why they want to do another scan 2 weeks later).

Is the doctor a reputable one at a hospital with better equipment? Cos older ultrasound machines may not be able to allow the doctor to check accurately on the problem.
Thank for your infor... her is unborn bb.. still inside womb.. so if is case 1.. dr need her to abort the bb.. so sad as this is her 1st prenancy.somemore it ardy in her 24weeks.. in beijing, the hospital she visit is the best.. this is what she told us.. nw she vry worried and keep crying..

she faxing her scanning details to her family in melaka and they ask their dr advice.. hope is positive...

stonston

Fax distorts the images.

Ask for a copy of the scan and send by courier to her family instead. Can use TNT or DHL overnight from Beijing to Msia, prompt and reliable.

ping26

i asking on behalf of my cousin in law.. she is now in her 24weeks of pregnancy.. during 22week detail scan was done and written that her baby intestine have shadow and the radation wavy is vry strong ....today she went to check-up and dear daughter told her that her baby is congestion ( stuck) and have arrange for another scanning in 2 weeks times.. anyone know what the cause and what is the danger as the dr told her might need to abort the baby if is getting bigger and congest her fluid flow.

pls help if anyone know about this case as we are now living in beijing..
just my opinion,

if finances & health permit, I would fly back Singapore/Malaysia immediately for 2nd opinion.

If there're confirmed medical issues, I'll stay put & deliver in Singapore/Malaysia.

apollo

i agree with ping26.. afterall the medical standard in SG is consider the best in asia..

she just went for another details scan at other hosptial... same result and need to be under obversation.. she is china and she married to malaysian..... both working in china.. so hard for them to go back msia to give birth.. but they will consider.