Shaving needed?

pkshl

best is go for waxing cos some midwife anyhow trim & accidently cut u there, even worst rite..this is what i heard from my cousin cos her frd kena b4.

seems like got different experiences.

the other day, in another thread, we were discussing this also.

it seems that some gynaes or nurses will advise in advance whether u need to shave or not

joanne6298

preggy can do waxing? the place i went for regular waxing says that they do not wax for pregnant women.

Anyone can tell me where can i wax?

babylover

So... for normal delivery, do they still shave? I thought nowadays doctor will swab antiseptic solution around the pubic area to prevent bacteria so there'll be no need to shave... I just hate the burning and itchy feeling when the hairs grow back Anyways, got to check with my gynea tmr about this, who know different gynea, different practice

babylover

Hi, ust back from the check-up on Friday. When mentioned about this matter, my gynea said I dont need to shave in advanced, mostly nurse will help you do if necessary and will not totally "botak", a little bit of trimming here and there
So no worry about irritating growing-back hair :D

I think its a must to shave cos when bb is coming gynae needs to do epistomy. If dont shave is unhygenic i guess?
At the observation ward, the nurse will do the shaving & also insert the liquid to make us poopoo.

jojoki

i think shave is better in case u need stitches..i dunno but imagine if the hair tangles with the stitches.. hehe... i did shaved b4 i went for my nvd. i din had episiotomy but had natural tear n needed stitches anyway.

candy_ian

i think usually it depends on the gynae's preference which the nurses would know by standing order if they wan a full shave or just a supra-pubic shave we call it. full is all off whereas supra-pubic is like the top part. i will be going for my c-section in 2 wks time n i guess i will go for waxing and give myself a fleet enema(to poo) before admitting myself for the procedure. too shy to let other people do it for me. hehe