Shd I go for adoption???

kimyen

Shd I go for adoption???

I have a gal of near aged 3 and my marriage was annulled therefore I have full custody of her.

I just got married and am wondering if I shd adopt her or not???

Understand that I'm no matter what thye biological mother but is only my hubby.

If no adoption, he doesn't have any rights.

If go for it, he will be the "official" father but cost me $4000 (Estimate)

Anyone knows of lawyers that is cheaper???

Shd I go for it or not???

Ting

i think the question is whether u n your hubs wants to?
well, if your dont, then ur daughter's surname will be diff from your hubs n your second child?
erm, actually u can DIY de, but the last time i asked, the person told me only need 1K+ if engaging lawyer, yours is pretty exp.

stonston

$4000++ is IF the father of the child CONTESTS (do not agree) to the adoption.
If the father willingly sign away his rights, then $1k can settle the admin work already.

kimyen

But what happens is my prev marriage is annulled and that guy got no rights over the adoption.

I know $4000 is very expensive dat's why I'm asking if anyone knows of cheaper lawyers that will do the same job.

i think the question is whether u n your hubs wants to?
well, if your dont, then ur daughter's surname will be diff from your hubs n your second child?
erm, actually u can DIY de, but the last time i asked, the person told me only need 1K+ if engaging lawyer, yours is pretty exp.
$4000++ is IF the father of the child CONTESTS (do not agree) to the adoption.
If the father willingly sign away his rights, then $1k can settle the admin work already.

Amulet

But what happens is my prev marriage is annulled and that guy got no rights over the adoption.

I know $4000 is very expensive dat's why I'm asking if anyone knows of cheaper lawyers that will do the same job.
actually, as long as he is the bio-father n hasn't sign away his rights over her, he will still has the rights over the adoption..

stonston

Kimyen, means your child got no one listed under 'father' in birthcert? If it's like that, it's direct case will be cheap.

kimyen

In her current birth cert, my so called ex hubby name is there and he was supposed to remove his name but his didn't do anything yet.

Kimyen, means your child got no one listed under 'father' in birthcert? If it's like that, it's direct case will be cheap.

Ting

is he the bio father of your child?if not why is his name on the BC? kinda confusing here. he cant just remove his name from the BC as n when he wants to. if his name is on your child's BC and he is NOT the bio father, i think he needs to take a DNA test to prove that he is not the father, then he can remove.

kimyen

is he the bio father of your child?if not why is his name on the BC? kinda confusing here. he cant just remove his name from the BC as n when he wants to. if his name is on your child's BC and he is NOT the bio father, i think he needs to take a DNA test to prove that he is not the father, then he can remove.
He did that liao that's why the narriage was annulled.

Ting

oh okay, i understand now. ok, so where is the DNA prove now? sure to hv a cert or something to prove right? i think u shld call up ICA and ask them regarding this issue on how to remove since u hv prove that he is not the bio father of the child.

kimyen

oh okay, i understand now. ok, so where is the DNA prove now? sure to hv a cert or something to prove right? i think u shld call up ICA and ask them regarding this issue on how to remove since u hv prove that he is not the bio father of the child.
It's under a police case but understand that it'll take very very long

I guess there wont be any problem if your current hubby agrees to the adoption and your ex hubby has been proven not to be the biological father.