Shld i induce??

Gosh did not know kids do that in the middle of the nite...will educate them work? Like tis is sleeping time, etc??
sometimes if they play too much just before they sleep, they may tend to have nightmare or dreams...actually, i thk i may miss him calling him mummy in the night when I go to the hosp to deliver ahhahaah...

Juz17

sometimes if they play too much just before they sleep, they may tend to have nightmare or dreams...actually, i thk i may miss him calling him mummy in the night when I go to the hospital to deliver ahhahaah...
Oh icic...so kids shldnt play too hard in the day too...lol

Btw I Juz went for check cos I felt very minimal movement today n gynae ask me go hosp check. Glad tat bb is fine...cervix soften but no dilation yet! Sigh sigh!! 9 days more....;(

Btw I just went for check cos I felt very minimal movement today n gynae ask me go hospital check. Glad that baby is fine...cervix soften but no dilation yet! Sigh sigh!! 9 days more....;(
delivering at full term is nvr a bad thing. so dun worry!:)

PTB7476

Btw I just went for check cos I felt very minimal movement today n gynae ask me go hospital check. Glad that baby is fine...cervix soften but no dilation yet! Sigh sigh!! 9 days more....;(
9 more days for the action to come else you may end up induction also

Lyamummy

Hi ladies,

this would be the first thread I'm participating in and I really need some advise.. I'm currently 37wks 2days and have been having a terrible experience with this pregnancy.. Lots of pelvic and 'low' down pain, can't walk well, can't even shift myself, lots of contractions coming in along with dull backache, my entire body aches, those sorts when your down with a fever and aching all over, swollen hands and feet, what more? I was admitted to hospital for a day last week due to severe vomitting and diarhea and totally dehydrated, started having contractions then and after observation and medication I recovered to come home.

I'm huge too, am kinda petite so my tummy looks huge on me, everyone who sees me has been like 'you look like 40wks and due anytime!' and this was weeks before now itself. I'm tired of carrying not due to tiredness, heaviness or whatsoever but it's getting too painful, I fact my bad pelvic pains started when I was 6mths preggy itself and doc said they usually loosen to prepare for delivery and advised me not to walk too much. To add on during my admission last week doc said I've got low blood count, 9 instead of the normal 11 and that could explain my low-bp feeling, giddiness and weakness.

At my last checkup on Fri doc asked if I could hold it on or wanna induce, preferably after the 38th week which would be safer as he doesn't want me to have a failed induction. Im supposed to discuss my decision with him this coming week and I'm clueless. My Hubby says he would prefer me to wait for baby to come naturally, that he doesn't think I'll make it that far to my due date but it's unbearable for me. I can't sleep, sit, stand, walk, do nothing wo feeling pain and discomfort. To add on is all the ailments that come along with pregnancy, swollen gums that have been giving me toothache and bad headache since days, torturous! sigh I really do not know what to do. I searched on inducing at 37-38wks and the internet seems to have lots of articles discouraging that due to babies induced during this period have higher chances of certain defects, from birth to their IQ, etc.. Long read, dont't wanna put up here but that kinda scares me. Of cos we mommies want the best for our babies. What would you dearies have to advise?[/COLOR]

Juz17

Hi,
I was like u very much want to induce from 36th week onwards. Eventually cos my cervix was tightly closed n my gynae say if I induce chances if might go into emergency c-sect which in the end I might need to pay for two. In the end I din induce but I go for elective c-sect at 39th week due to first my bb was scanned with cord loosely hanged ard his neck n 2ndly y so late then c-sect cos my hubby n frenz all encourage natural birth instead. I complaint alot since 36th week n I realize I got mild depression for that. Sigh.
So my suggestion to u are:
1) of cos natural delivery is better than c-sect so if u can wait then wait. Now I had my baby, it's really true Tat u would prefer baby in yr tummy than out cos taking care of baby is an art.
2) check with gynae if induce, Wat are the chances. See if u r dilated cos some induction process can be a long wait if the current factors (ex dilation, bb head engaged, etc) not favourable.
3) if really alot of health issues, my suggestion is to go c-sect straight cos u might be 'safe' from contraction pain (my elective becomes emergency due to super painful contraction the night b4), water bag burst etc. And my hospital bill is quite reasonable despite my bb got to stay 1 more day at hospital due to jaundice. If induce then emergency the bill will be sky high from some ladies in the forum.
Lastly, Gd luck in yr decision. Those are Juz my 2 cents worth. :)

Lyamummy

Actually this is my 2nd baby.. My first boy is 8yrs old so you can imagine how long ago and how new this would feel like.. My first was also induced and went successfully, at 39weeks, my 3rd false labour and doc decided to induce me since it was so close to due date. I was induced at 8am and son was born at 3.30pm. I'm not looking forward to a csect, definitely a natural delivery thus my doc wants to be sure to give me time so as not to risk unsuccessful induction. He's open to induction though, guess he can guess my discomforts..

As from last week seems my baby has already turned head down so that's one worry off my mind, doc said my amniotic fluid level is good, baby's very active and looks good. Issue comes to me now. Also I've a feeling my baby's growing fast. just last week he was 2.3kg and a week later at my prev appt he's already 2.6kg. That has already exceeded my first son's birth weight at 39wks. He was 2.5kg at birth. I wonder how big will this one be in the next weeks to come n if that will be another concern to hold on further.. So many factors to consider and worry about.

Juz17

Wow ur eldest at 39 weeks only 2.5kg and that's very light. My boy was born ard 39 weeks too and he is 3.4kg so I think yr 2nd baby shld be of a Gd weight by
Now so no worries.
I guess only yr gynae can give you the best option then.. :)

Actually this is my 2nd baby.. My first boy is 8yrs old so you can imagine how long ago and how new this would feel like.. My first was also induced and went successfully, at 39weeks, my 3rd false labour and doc decided to induce me since it was so close to due date. I was induced at 8am and son was born at 3.30pm. I'm not looking forward to a csect, definitely a natural delivery thus my doc wants to be sure to give me time so as not to risk unsuccessful induction. He's open to induction though, guess he can guess my discomforts..

As from last week seems my baby has already turned head down so that's one worry off my mind, doc said my amniotic fluid level is good, baby's very active and looks good. Issue comes to me now. Also I've a feeling my baby's growing fast. just last week he was 2.3kg and a week later at my prev appt he's already 2.6kg. That has already exceeded my first son's birth weight at 39wks. He was 2.5kg at birth. I wonder how big will this one be in the next weeks to come n if that will be another concern to hold on further.. So many factors to consider and worry about.
Have trust in ur gynae, if he thks that your baby is too big, and for that reason need to be induced, go ahead. After all u went thru induction b4 and had normal delivery, usually if 1st was via normal delivery, 2nd may follow so. My first boy is induced and delivered normally, my 2nd one oso induced and delivered normally.

Have trust in your gynae, if he thks that your baby is too big, and for that reason need to be induced, go ahead. After all you went thru induction before and had normal delivery, usually if 1st was via normal delivery, 2nd may follow so. My first boy is induced and delivered normally, my 2nd one also induced and delivered normally.

Meanwhile, just relax, ur almost there:) Look forward to ur 2nd bundle joy!

EP20

Hi,

After reading your post, i realised tt i am not alone.... I hv been feeling so much pain that i cannot lie sleep and walk. Pain when i lie down regardless of what position. Pain when i walk, its not pain at e tummy but at e pelvic and inner thighs area. This is so torturing!!! Sob sob........

Am gg to see gynae tmr. I dunno if i can even walk up to his clinic.... i will ask him how to solve this. I dun feel like inducing, feel like skipping this part and go straight to c-section. My bb was 3.2kg last week..... think he is a good size already... EDD 29 nov but i really cannot wait anymore...

Juz17

Hi,

After reading your post, i realised that i am not alone.... I have been feeling so much pain that i cannot lie sleep and walk. Pain when i lie down regardless of what position. Pain when i walk, its not pain at e tummy but at e pelvic and inner thighs area. This is so torturing!!! Sob sob........

Am gg to see gynae tomorrow. I dont know if i can even walk up to his clinic.... i will ask him how to solve this. I dont feel like inducing, feel like skipping this part and go straight to c-section. My baby was 3.2kg last week..... think he is a good size already... EDD 29 nov but i really cannot wait anymore...
Hi,
Anyway if you can natural you shld go for it. I cant natural due to bb's cord one round loosely on his neck thats y to avoid any mishap, i opt for c-sect immediately. I was hoping to natural too. C-sect recovery very slow...and it's quite painful after the op. Perhaps cos my threshold of pain quite low.
Anyhow I think your gynae will noe wat is best for you. Seek his/her opinion. People tell me if you think pregnancy is very tiring and torturing...when bb is born and if u got no confinement lady to help u the first mth, it's even more TORTURING. Im doing confinement and taking care of my baby (almost alone, mum around but she forgot most things abt taking care of babies) and I been depress and I think I got the post-natal depression. I cry most of the time during my confinement, which is bad...
so...enjoy your sleep IF you can...though that time i tell all my friends I rather bb out then in my tummy...but i regretted saying that....

Anyhow, good luck...and keep us posted! :) Jia you!:001_302:

ellyeun

Hi,
Anyway if you can natural you shld go for it. I cant natural due to bb's cord one round loosely on his neck thats y to avoid any mishap, i opt for c-sect immediately. I was hoping to natural too. C-sect recovery very slow...and it's quite painful after the op. Perhaps cos my threshold of pain quite low.
Anyhow I think your gynae will noe wat is best for you. Seek his/her opinion. People tell me if you think pregnancy is very tiring and torturing...when bb is born and if u got no confinement lady to help u the first mth, it's even more TORTURING. Im doing confinement and taking care of my baby (almost alone, mum around but she forgot most things abt taking care of babies) and I been depress and I think I got the post-natal depression. I cry most of the time during my confinement, which is bad...
so...enjoy your sleep IF you can...though that time i tell all my friends I rather bb out then in my tummy...but i regretted saying that....

Anyhow, good luck...and keep us posted! :) Jia you!:001_302:
hope u r doing alright gal... be strong, after awhile things will get better. I'm worried abt giving birth too, worried that i will end up like you, too stress up...
get some professional help if necessary! or air out whatever grievances over here ^^

Stay strong pretty mommy

EP20

Thanks for sharing your experience. Will try for natural.... But e pain is so bad now that everything I stand up n try to walk, tears naturally formed in my eyes....
Hope u r coping better as u get more used to having yr darling bb w u.

Juz17

hope u r doing alright gal... be strong, after awhile things will get better. I'm worried abt giving birth too, worried that i will end up like you, too stress up...
get some professional help if necessary! or air out whatever grievances over here ^^

Stay strong pretty mommy
Lol I'm a poor mum to seek professional nanny or confinement lady. Nw I take care of my bb n learn from the 'hard' way lol...

Juz17

Thanks for sharing your experience. Will try for natural.... But e pain is so bad now that everything I stand up n try to walk, tears naturally formed in my eyes....
Hope u r coping better as u get more used to having yr darling bb w u.
Wow remember to let Yr gynae know...btw u expecting twins? My tummy was very big n everyone tot I'm expecting twins! Lol...after delivery straight lost 10kgs...I guess my water retention alot

keefu

Lol I'm a poor mum to seek professional nanny or confinement lady. Nw I take care of my bb n learn from the 'hard' way lol...
Jia you! Like you now I also do not have confinement nanny now as she only work for the initial 5 days then something happened to her and she went back to Malaysia... But things turned out better than expected (I was even crying secretly cos I dreaded letting my MIL to take care of my baby on my CL's last day, I even told my hubby I don't feel comfortable with her helping out) as I am breastfeeding, I get to totally feed my baby with as much breastmilk as possible compared to when CL is around sometimes she feed him FM and I totally no idea in total how much FM she has feed him for the day. As for touching of water I couldn't care less as I need to wash baby's stuff for hygiene purpose and already start wearing short pants and T shirt at home, bathing... Couldn't stand wearing like a ba zhang with oily hair!