Should preloved items be sold?

meds

:shyxxx: I like to see how many of you feel that preloved items should not be sold, especially clothes?

I have always thought that they should be given away and shared. As in when you are done with them just pack them up and send them off to someone else who needs it?

What do you think?

Angelmum

got ppl want then sell lor! If condition so-so then giveaway unless u buoy piaseh ask for $$.

Some mummies really take good care of things so the item no spolit or look horrible - 2nd hand save$

aby

Other stuff like strollers, cots etc, yes I personally felt can.. But bb clothings.. Hmmm as they are all blessed by kind souls, I feel should go back to bless others too..

I have my principles: if the stuff is blessed/hand down, I shall do the same by passing them on..

I help my cousin sell preloved, BN lady clothings in the auction..

sleepymama

I think preloved clothes should only be sold if they are still in good condition - no stains, no tears, no bad balling. Else, they should be given away. :)

xiaodaisy

give away too cos not using le den takes up my space.. i don like alot of things packed in my room haha

Mum2Matty

I used to sell preloved clothes that are in very good condition, some are washed but not worn - I classify them under preloved cos I hv removed the tag and washed them already. Some are only worn one time and my son outgrew them very quickly.

However, most of his preloved clothes are given away to needy family, people I've come across who need help. I'm quite skeptical to just post "Want to Give" on item cos my email will be bombed with many request.

Usually I'll observed in the thread for a while and PM the person directly to give.

Ting

i pass down to frens or relatives...:) only those more expensive n nicer ones which i really love i will keep for my next child, or my sis's children in the future... my mum hv kept some of our clothes til now...hehe...n oso our stuff toys...aldy almost 20 yrs le...cos many of them they no longer produced..like from japan those kinds.

meds

yup i agree so with all of you. For clothes ok for sale if only good condition like worn once or twice or washed and not worn. Or "blessed" clothes should be continue to bless the next user.

I have been quoted a KIAM CHAI piece of romper for 5 bucks. Which i tot should have been given away instead.

mummy

I think preloved clothes should only be sold if they are still in good condition - no stains, no tears, no bad balling. Else, they should be given away. :)
errr... if it's really stained, tears, fade = worn-out... :nah: i don't think they should be given away, just use at home as rags, polishing stuffs then throw away, etc...

i do help to organise collection of good condition wearable clothes for the unprivileged... and it's really sad and disappointed :mmad: to be treated as a dumping ground when a few of us spend time to screen the clothes and re-packed for giving away. it's not easy to do so as some clothes are really dusty and have the "moudy" smell :embarrassed:

lisa_ng

most of our stuffs we buy preloved except for clothings. think ok to sell as long in well kept condition.

rjj

i guess it's not a matter of to sell or to give.... sometimes giving is not a problem, but we have ppl complaining even though the thing is being given FOC or FOC items are being collected and then re-sold....

So i always feel that a token would always be good... then again, the items got to be in 'proper' condition la....

my 2cts thoughts .............

CynCyn

I have yet given or sold preloved items . Decided to keep it for my #2 . If next one not boy then I'll most probably hand them down to others . If sell I'll only sell those in very good condition or even brand new ones . (n_n)

For me this is what I do

Preloved clothes wore once or twice (bought by myself) I may sell at a 10% the original price.
Preloved clothes worn many times (bought by myself or by others) I will give away to bless others.
Toys most of the time will give rather than sell unless it is new.
Books, condition 7/10 and above will sell at a low cost, if not i give

I think if u want to sell ur preloved things, it is only fair to provide accurate info abt it and also don't try to sell those which the conditions are not good.

LoVeS

So far havent sell any of ds's things yet. BUt tink of gif charity since dun intend to haf #2

CanCanMum

:shyxxx: I like to see how many of you feel that preloved items should not be sold, especially clothes?

I have always thought that they should be given away and shared. As in when you are done with them just pack them up and send them off to someone else who needs it?

What do you think?
if its still in good condition (8/10), can consider selling it for minimal costs.....

if its not so good condition, perhaps just give it away.:001_302: