Shower foam & shampoo for children with eczema

Hi!
Both my son<2yr 11mths> & daughter <11mths> have eczema.
Can all mommies share with me what shower foam & shampoo
do you use on yr children with eczema?
Currently my daughter uses Sebamed Baby bubble bath children's shampoo while her moisturier is topicream.
My son uses the same shapoo but use milderm for shower.
Also does anyone knows whether the SebaMed baby bath can be use for toddler? Straight on the body instead of doing a bubble bath?
Thanks for sharing!

MommyOfTwo

Hi!
Both my son<2yr 11mths> & daughter <11mths> have eczema.
Can all mommies share with me what shower foam & shampoo
do you use on yr children with eczema?
Currently my daughter uses Sebamed Baby bubble bath children's shampoo while her moisturier is topicream.
My son uses the same shapoo but use milderm for shower.
Also does anyone knows whether the SebaMed baby bath can be use for toddler? Straight on the body instead of doing a bubble bath?
Thanks for sharing!
Hi, my elder boy (currently 4) has pretty bad enema too and has seen doc many times. Since he was 2 we have been using Centaphil for him as it does not contain any soap and is supposed to be very very gentle. Shampoo we use normal kodomo and pigeon. Body lotion is also from Centaphil (green label). recently he had another bad attack (usually behind the knees and folds of arms) and the paed recommended pinetasol. Smells very woody but supposed to be good for itchy n flaky skin. Enzemq can't be treated, so we can only seek to prevent and hope condition dont't worsen, and hopefully he can outgrow it sometime, which doc says is sometimes possible for some pple, otherwise it will be baby enzema to toddler enzema to adult anzema :001_07::001_07:

well, my husband come from a family with skin probs. His father, sister and him have eczema so i dont suppose my children will grow out of it. But i can always hope.

BabyIqah

Hi,both my daughters have eczema from birth. Have tried diff kinds of shower cream and shampoo. Currently they're using QV Shower Oil,and kodomo shampoo. As for lotion,they're using Mustela Stelatopia.

Hi, my elder boy (currently 4) has pretty bad enema too and has seen doc many times. Since he was 2 we have been using Centaphil for him as it does not contain any soap and is supposed to be very very gentle. Shampoo we use normal kodomo and pigeon. Body lotion is also from Centaphil (green label). recently he had another bad attack (usually behind the knees and folds of arms) and the paed recommended pinetasol. Smells very woody but supposed to be good for itchy n flaky skin. Enzemq can't be treated, so we can only seek to prevent and hope condition dont't worsen, and hopefully he can outgrow it sometime, which doc says is sometimes possible for some pple, otherwise it will be baby enzema to toddler enzema to adult anzema :001_07::001_07:
Would like to try Pinetasol...May i noe where can i get that?

diymummy

My son has eczema. I use SebaMed Baby also.

You can also try QV.

Currently I use California Baby in his school coz no more bath tub. My son is 20 mths.

MommyOfTwo

Hi,both my daughters have eczema from birth. Have tried diff kinds of shower cream and shampoo. Currently they're using QV Shower Oil,and kodomo shampoo. As for lotion,they're using Mustela Stelatopia.

Would like to try Pinetasol...May i know where can i get that?
U can get from watsons, guardian or unity. Green tube/ bottle depending u want gel or solution type. Warning: smell not v nice!

Mummy to Baby V

My boy has bad eczema, triggered by food and environment. (I have eczema, which disappeared only after I turned vegetarian 2 years ago, so mine was probably triggered by meat / seafood.)

He uses Buds Head-to-Toe cleanser. Physiogel is a good range too. We use Physiogel A.I. moisturizer.

General notes: Avoid soap, SLS, fragrance & coloring. Go for bath oils or those moisturising bath soap.

If using bath oil, can spend a bit more time soaking in bath tub. If using bath soap, keep baths short and brief.

Warm, not hot water. Hot water aggravates eczema.

Pat dry after bath, don't rub skin with towel.

Hope these help.

Last edited:

Moko

Hi! when i found this thread i had to post. my baby has struggled with eczema since birth. we have tried everything. qv, dermaveen, everything! but no good. we found out that those products contain parafins and that this was making the eczema worse. we were left with no options and i was very sad to see my baby in pain. Me and my husband were taking vacation in Australia recently and we came across MooGoo (www.moogoo.com.au). We thought we might try and now we will never look back. after just one day there was a big change. after a week it was gone. i was so happy and now my baby is eczema free. i found out all of their products are for people and babies with skin problems, especially ezcema but we started with the eczema and psorisis balm and msm cream after it calmed down. we now use the milk wash to wash our baby. i love moogoo so much and am very thankful.

Marcie Mom

The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics came out with the news two years ago that Johnson & Johnson’s iconic baby shampoo contained the formaldehyde-releasing preservative quaternium-15, as well as the chemical byproduct 1,4-dioxane. Formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane are known carcinogens. The federal Consumer Product Safety Commission has reported that “the presence of 1,4-dioxane, even as a trace contaminant, is cause for concern,” and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services added formaldehyde to its list of known human carcinogens in June 2011.

From what I've read, sounds like shampoo is worst but they use formaldehyde releasing preservatives in rest of baby products as well.

AwkwardBean

My daughter's baby doctor said cetaphil and physiogel was okay for eczema babies.... i only use J&J baby oil/aloes moisturizer on my baby.

- i think Bubchen baby bath is quite good!! :001_302:

Marcie Mom

Glad you've found what works for your baby ;) Yes, cetaphil, QV are good lotions, I use Physiogel too. You can refer to this post on advice by Dr Bridgett on how to moisturize your child, take care
Friday Feature