Showering? :p

KAmum

I couldn't take it anymore so I had a nice long bath today. Other days I basically just clean myself w a damp washcloth -____- so sticky and smelly ugh. Mummies do you shower during confinement? Hehehe I scared later old got all the body aches and stuff my grandma cursed me with when I wouldn't wear slippers to walk around the house (weather is so humid! ):< )

I couldn't take it anymore so I had a nice long bath today. Other days I basically just clean myself w a damp washcloth -____- so sticky and smelly ugh. Mummies do you shower during confinement? Hehehe I scared later old got all the body aches and stuff my grandma cursed me with when I wouldn't wear slippers to walk around the house (weather is so humid! ):< )
I showered everyday last April after giving birth to my daughter and now I often have body aches. No joke. Like you i am scared of humid weather and thus shower everyday with warm water during confinement. Now whenever i got body aches i will go for tui na ans my masseue advised in order for these pain to go away, i have to do a proper confinement after my 2nd one. No more showering. Even wiping body with damp cloth she dun advise too because basically our pores are open big enough for air to go into our body. So no damp things on our body for the 1 whole month. But i do have friends who showered daily during confinement but still ok.

KAmum

I showered everyday last April after giving birth to my daughter and now I often have body aches. No joke. Like you i am scared of humid weather and thus shower everyday with warm water during confinement. Now whenever i got body aches i will go for tui na ans my masseue advised in order for these pain to go away, i have to do a proper confinement after my 2nd one. No more showering. Even wiping body with damp cloth she dun advise too because basically our pores are open big enough for air to go into our body. So no damp things on our body for the 1 whole month. But i do have friends who showered daily during confinement but still ok.
I don't plan on showering everyday, maybe once every three days? I take care to dry myself very thoroughly before leaving the bathroom. But hearing what you said....now I'm scared :S BUT I'LL BE SO SMELLY :eek:

Maybe you can try putting powder on ur body so that u feel more comfortable and of course mask the odour. But for the sake of your health, really must take care. Whenever i have body aches i jus dun feel like doing anything. Its only 1 month so must have determination and endure. Jia you!

KAmum

Maybe you can try putting powder on ur body so that u feel more comfortable and of course mask the odour. But for the sake of your health, really must take care. Whenever i have body aches i jus dun feel like doing anything. Its only 1 month so must have determination and endure. Jia you!
Hmmmm ok will try and put powder instead then >.< don't want to take the risk and feel like a 老太婆at this age hais :( thanks!

soapsoap

I been showering for my past 2 confinement still healthy no issues, and I also take care of bb myself no confinement lady to help out

KAmum

I been showering for my past 2 confinement still healthy no issues, and I also take care of bb myself no confinement lady to help out
Do you get help frm hb? Dad banned boyfriend from the house so I take care of her alone. Abit stress. Hmm...will take precaution anyways hahaha scared bone ache >.<

marshmallowbaby

I also shower as per normal for my past 2 confinement. Well, i shower with herbs which are meant for confinement. If not, my mom will boil lemongrass with dried ginger skin. And, I try to keep the shower short and dry myself throughly with towel quickly. I have no problem at all. :)

KAmum

I also shower as per normal for my past 2 confinement. Well, i shower with herbs which are meant for confinement. If not, my mom will boil lemongrass with dried ginger skin. And, I try to keep the shower short and dry myself throughly with towel quickly. I have no problem at all. :)
Wow Your mum is so nice lol mine won't let me shower, feels disgusting ugh :S

felicity

My mum will be boiling lemongrass water for me to cleanse myself.. But i learn in my prenatal class that hygiene is most impt so should shower.. Use warm water and dry quickly, if wash hair must quickly blow dry. The instructor shared that olden traditions say cannot shower because:
1. Water from well or river not clean
2. Tear is open wound not stitched up, use unclean water sure tio infection, open wound take around a mth to heal thus one mth no shower
3. Traditions passed down to our grandparents are from China which is not a humid tropical country like us

kinkybaby

can bathe but muz use the herbal wash... this type of thing dun play play, any suffering is on us... I only washed my hair with herbal wash on the 12th day and on bb shower day. Super unbearable but for the sake of myself I endured :p

KAmum

can bathe but muz use the herbal wash... this type of thing dun play play, any suffering is on us... I only washed my hair with herbal wash on the 12th day and on bb shower day. Super unbearable but for the sake of myself I endured :p
Wow mummy you're strong :p I can't take it if I'm too dirty :(

kinkybaby

KAmum:657737 said:
Wow mummy you're strong :p I can't take it if I'm too dirty :(
I find myself disgusting and gross also, esp with the hair like giam chye, haha. But one mth will pass v soon so jiayou!

KAmum

I find myself disgusting and gross also, esp with the hair like giam chye, haha. But one mth will pass v soon so jiayou!
Ya omg so oily :// :mad: nvm tahan a few more days >.< BLEAH. Looking forward to baby shower hahaha shall be positive >.<

Sad 33

Oh gosh! after hearing u say this.
i didn't know and was wiping my body and hands with wet tissues after every meal and when i start sweating.... faint

Sad 33

btw can we read books during confinement period? mum says cannot read at all but after 8 days of mini confinement i start using pc, iPhone and read books. so bored may... now my eyes do feel a bit strained. any comments on this?

Tannie

I shower every day and wash hair every day with herb water, but u still feel very smelly, due to the weather and the food with lots of ginger n liquor ... Perspire a lot...

KAmum

I shower every day and wash hair every day with herb water, but u still feel very smelly, due to the weather and the food with lots of ginger n liquor ... Perspire a lot...
Yes esp the liquor!!! So smelly :( your MIL never stop you from shower?