Si Sen Brown Rice Cereal

rioikinz

Have any mummies tried tasting the Si Sen Brown Rice Cereal?

I thought that it should have a smooth texture after prepared but after tasting its texture is kind of "Sandy". Is this right?

rioikinz

I just made it with milk or stir in with milk powder and hot water... but both ways taste "sandy'. Camom, am i suppose to cook it? Can share the procedure how you mummies prepare it?

Baby likes to eat this too but worried that I did not prepare it well.

Appreciated.

bibiluvr

hi,
my bb is also taking the above product with ikan bilis... previously, i just warmed up ebm and added into the cereal.. it will be sandy sandy kind.. but i realised ebm, like what some mummies have experienced, turned the cereal very watery... so now i stopped adding..

now, i will put a little water and add the cereal and put in on the stove (turned to the lowest heat) and keep on stirring... depends on the consistency u want, then u just scoop it out.. i realised after cooking, it is finer.. i now feed her the cereal and give her water instead.. somehow, she prefers this than when i added bm leh...

pkshl

Have any mummies tried tasting the Si Sen Brown Rice Cereal?

I thought that it should have a smooth texture after prepared but after tasting its texture is kind of "Sandy". Is this right?
hi, my son is taking si sen + yang sen brown rice cereal. must cook it over the stove. afterwards mix with milk powder & hot water.

rioikinz

So the cereal need cooking rather than just mixing with hot water as stated on the instruction... experience do count in taking care of our little ones. Thank you mummies for all your advices. Its great to have all of you around to share... Happy parenting... Cheers

camom

Hi rioikinz,

Are you referring to the one from Eu Yan Sang? That one is not instant. If it's other brands, so long as the work "Instant" is not on the packaging, you'll need to cook it cos that's raw rice powder in the box.

I'll usually add some water, then double boil it, stirring constantly. It'll become very pasty when cooked but you can thin it down with milk. For me, I use ebm. Amt used depends on how thick or runny you want the paste to be.If you use ebm, do remember to cool down the cooked rice cereal 1st before adding, else the good stuff in the ebm will be killed.

rioikinz

Hi camom,

it stated "instant" si sen brown rice cereal and with your clarification it makes me feel more comfortable to prepare it with just hot water cos I had tried cooking and it became like glue and baby dont't like. Baby prefer it when i just stir with hot water.

How is the Eu Yan Sang one that you are using? Does it smell and taste good cos i am considering giving baby that when we finished the Si Sen one.

camom

Hi Rioikinz,

It's pretty fragrant, the rice powder smells nice n tastes nice. I've always added ebm to it for taste.