similac milk smells fishy?

dear Mommies... i wonder if u all know why similac milk powder smells fishy? or is it my nose? any one can share their experience with similac milk powder? I just switch over from Nan to similac... :tlaugh:

apollo

yup similac fm has a 'weird' smell.. ds used to drink friso and i tot friso v smelly but similac got a v strong 'weird' smell haha..

joeyz

ya, it smell horrible but i actually tasted it once. It actually milk with no sugar but doesnt taste as bad as smell. hee

TANZHENZHI

My son has been drinking similar forumla since birth.. The smell is really very strong.. But i think he use to it so i didn't change.. I think most of the milk powder also got a weird smell ba.. Even when i drink the milk during pregnancy also got a strong smell for similar...

jasobias

wah my kids all drink similac one leh as babies..i dont detect anything leh..maybe ah i m just used to the smell..similac not so bad..i know some other milk tht smell worse(cant remember which though)

bbyoshi

My twins are also drinking similac... they were on enfalac before.. change to similac coz enfalac seems rather heaty...

The smell of similac is very weird.. taste weird too...

i think my boys dun like it coz everytime we feed them wif the milk, their faces crumple, frown and look as they are drinking urine...

we are wondering if we shld switch back to enfalac... :Dancing_hmm:

hahaha... ok .. so its not me only... hee... how abt the poo poo? i am supplementing my son with siimilac at night... his poo is a bit thick ... wonder if its normal.. hmm...
at first i try friso but he has prob with his poo... difficulty in poo and like groan in pain...*heartpain*
so change to Nan ... Nan was ok la.. but got to dilute it abit if not he cannot poo regularly also... now trying similac... hope its ok for him then i will jus stick to it... but it jus smells terrible to me.. ahhaha... :tlaugh:

woofy55

my boy also drinking similac.. din't notice the weird smell.. perhaps nvr try other brands before.. :p

How many times does your baby poo when drinking similac? Mine used to poo 3-4times a day when he's younger, now at 8wks, he started to poo once a day... but sometimes, that 1 is a powerful one - A LOOOOOOOT OF SHIT!!

bbyoshi

dunno is it the milk powder.. the boys are on similac and they poo a lot... a lot of very smelly poo... the gor gor's poo is like peanut butter kind.. while the di di's poo is like dark greenish brown... is it normal?

pkshl

dont know is it the milk powder.. the boys are on similac and they poo a lot... a lot of very smelly poo... the gor gor's poo is like peanut butter kind.. while the di di's poo is like dark greenish brown... is it normal?
my boy also has dark greenish poo. is normal cos similac has vegetables ingredients inside thus made baby poo greenish. my colleague also got a fright when she saw her son's poo greenish. my MIL also. she thought my son was frightened thus green poo :tlaugh:.

o ya, poo also very stinko! :embarrassed: so i always get my hb to change diaper:Dancing_tongue:(that's if he's around) :001_302:

bbyoshi

my boy also has dark greenish poo. is normal cos similac has vegetables ingredients inside thus made baby poo greenish. my colleague also got a fright when she saw her son's poo greenish. my mother in law also. she thought my son was frightened thus green poo :tlaugh:.

o ya, poo also very stinko! :embarrassed: so i always get my husband to change diaper:Dancing_tongue:(that's if he's around) :001_302:

ya... when i first saw the dark greenish poo, i was worried that it might not be normal... my hubby joked that he was frightened also...

how come drink similac will have such smelly poo? i also get my hubby to change whenever possible :001_302:

woofy55

oh.. my baby's poo is still yellowish and seedy... perhaps he's on 50-50% FM and BM.. And the smell is not that bad..

stonston

It's the ingredients that cause the smell and different poo.

I personally would stick to Similac (my boy was on Similac & Gain IQ).

apollo

yah i also realised my boy's poo poo is greenish in colour.. hee... and alot .. omg... and of cos Smelly!! hee...
yup ever since ds takes similac, his poo has became green color. =) and of cos all poo is smelly.. haha! :tlaugh:

flyclound

yup similac fm has a 'weird' smell.. dear son used to drink friso and i thought friso very smelly but similac got a very strong 'weird' smell haha..
yes, I also agree, that's why my daughter don't like it, I bought 1 tin, used only few times

Evon

my son is also taking similac since birth. when he is less than 1 month, he poo more than once but now he don't poo everyday. sometime he 2 days poo one but sometime 3 days. and i found that he got a lot pheglm too. anyone have this pro? thinking to change fm but don't know which brand is better? anyone can advise?:tlaugh:

apollo

my son is also taking similac since birth. when he is less than 1 month, he poo more than once but now he dont't poo everyday. sometime he 2 days poo one but sometime 3 days. and i found that he got a lot pheglm too. anyone have this pro? thinking to change fm but dont't know which brand is better? anyone can advise?:tlaugh:
as babies grow older, they will not poo so much a day. some babies dun poo everyday but every 2-3 days. it is okay as long as he still can drink his milk well, tummy not v bloat..

as for the phelgm, u mean when he breathe got those 'phelgm' sound? if u meant that, then dun wry, most, in fact all babies will have tt sound until they reach 6-8mths old due to their nose passage way is still v small. as long as nth affects his milk intake and slp, everything is okay =)

Evon

as babies grow older, they will not poo so much a day. some babies dont poo everyday but every 2-3 days. it is okay as long as he still can drink his milk well, tummy not very bloat..

as for the phelgm, you mean when he breathe got those 'phelgm' sound? if you meant that, then dont wry, most, in fact all babies will have that sound until they reach 6-8mths old due to their nose passage way is still very small. as long as nth affects his milk intake and sleep, everything is okay =)