Slight cough 7 month baby see PD?

ben10

Alpha Male
Baby Ben is having a very slight cough like 1 or 2 coughs every 2-3 hours... cough sounded dry. Doesn't really seem to bother him much. No cough when he's sleeping. Not likely to be food allergy since there isn't any new food introduced. Initially we suspected it was excessive salivation due to teething. But it sounded more like a cough than a choke.

He had a similar slight cough at 4 months but recovered after 1 week without visiting the PD.

Should I visit the PD or wait out first? My mother-in-law say I very kia-si.... slightest cough or running nose go see PD...... Ben's first tooth is springing out though... there shouldn't be much association to it, right?

tinkerball

Baby Ben is having a very slight cough like 1 or 2 coughs every 2-3 hours... cough sounded dry. Doesn't really seem to bother him much. No cough when he's sleeping. Not likely to be food allergy since there isn't any new food introduced. Initially we suspected it was excessive salivation due to teething. But it sounded more like a cough than a choke.

He had a similar slight cough at 4 months but recovered after 1 week without visiting the pediatrician.

Should I visit the pediatrician or wait out first? My mother-in-law say I very kia-si.... slightest cough or running nose go see pediatrician...... Ben's first tooth is springing out though... there shouldn't be much association to it, right?
at 7months i doubt doctor will give any medication for him. i brought my son to doctor when he was about 9 months for flu and cough and all he gets is nose drops for the blocked nose. if it gets really bad i suggest u should still go to the doctor.

ben10

Alpha Male
He seems ok... 1cough or 2 coughs once in a while ... Doesn't sound too bad. Anyway, will keep on an extra lookout if it gets worse.

cinx

my son having a cough too, went to two doctors, no one gave any medicine. they said everything's ok and normal for baby to have a cough, sometimes they cough because of dusty place, talc powder ...

but to make sure just bring him, at least if the PD said ok, you wont worry so much :):) its better than guessing around

apollo

at 7months i doubt doctor will give any medication for him. i brought my son to doctor when he was about 9 months for flu and cough and all he gets is nose drops for the blocked nose. if it gets really bad i suggest you should still go to the doctor.
yes, there is medi for babies! ds 1st fell ill (cough) at 2mth+, pd gave him medi.. when he was down with flu+cough at 3mth old, also given medi.. =)

anw ben10, u might want to observe 2 more days 1st? to see if the cough is still there or getting serious.. if it is getting serious, better bring to pd, dun drag too long, cos at 1st we dunno if ds was really coughin, we tot is choke cough and drag 3-4 days and it got v seerious, kanna bronchitis.. but it ur son's one is only a few cough per day, shd be okay cos from what i understand, real coughin is every hr few times, quite frequent =)

ben10

Alpha Male
Brought ben to see pd today liao... Last nite daddy and mummy carry him till 5am... He very cranky with cough, running nose and teething all together. Doc did prescribed some med but he did stress that its very light due to his young age. It's not meant to stop his cough but to loosen his phelgm so he will be able to sleep better. Doc say it's likely to be viral infection.. must be someone with flu that spread to him ....

Phoebii Cheng

Normally PD will give med to dissolve the phlegm, cos' bb when young don't really know how to cough out the phlegm....

You might want to make ben sleep a bit allevated, cos' the phlegm might be irritating his sleep

ben10

Alpha Male
Normally pediatrician will give med to dissolve the phlegm, cos' baby when young dont't really know how to cough out the phlegm....

You might want to make ben sleep a bit allevated, cos' the phlegm might be irritating his sleep
Will try tonite see how or else daddy and mummy become panda liao...:tlaugh: