Smoking Family Members

tcmy

Hi all,

Any mummies here de family members smoking? Im frustrated with my hubby n fil keep smoking in front of my 1month old daughter. At first they promised to keep a distance from her no matter in which part of the house - they can even go outside of the house to smoke. But recent, they dun seems to care.. worst still they black faced me n even ask me to carry her back to room so that they could smoke in the living room.

Any advice? Please share..

Wendy7788

My fil also smoke in front of my girl. He even blow the smoke at her face. When I saw it I just carry her back to the room n give him a black face.

Iqa

I'll nag for all i care if that happens..but usually its either in the kitchen or out u go,if not no need smoke better.i wldnt let anybody touch my bb if he doesnt wash his hands WITH SOAP after smoking.
Try telling them nicely dear.Else be firm,u smoke,u dnt come near my baby!Our baby bah,must protect! Lol

EvangelineS

Agree! Must be firm. though i have no kids, but my house got kids. So my brothers won't smoke infront of the kids at all.

My father smokes. I'm just glad that he makes it a point that my kids does not see him when he does. Since its my house, I set my rules. No smoking within the vicinity!

LyDeeAna

my husband smokes around me.. n now im pregnant 29wks... his frens will nag at him when he smoke arnd me... that doesnt really work... till 1 day i buay tahan the cigg smoke n start coughing badly thats when he smoke further away from me...

other times i will always tell him harshly... u want die ur problem... i want my baby to be healthy so stay away from me..

I do smoke and i make sure a far distance away from my baby, including my husband.
If they wants your baby good they will do that. Its all commonsense isn't it?
Really you can just say them, they deserve it.

pattyng

yea, I guess you have to be strict with them, I mean it's not fair for them to be selfish with their habit and cause potential danger to a new born human being. Just be honest and firm.

Ninasky

These men are just so selfish. dont't they know second hand smoke can cause cancer? I will never allow smoking in my place and kick up a big fuss.

And the smoke does not completely go away after they stop smoking ... The particles are trapped in your curtains, on the sofa fabric etc. they stink and cause harm for a long long time.