Solid Food for 5-6 months Babies

madalene

Hi Mummies,

Can share what are the Solid food that you all have introduced to your babies so far?

My girl is now 6 months plus.
I have only given her some puree and porridge.
Any good ideas to share?
:tlaugh:

Queenbabe

I intend to try for my ds coming to 6mth soon .. bt actually alr start to giv him cereal , some porridge when im eating too & aso kfc whipped potato , those sakae sushi steam egg chawamushi hahaha ..
He then give me those funny look on his face like the food taste so terrible lol .

Phoebii Cheng

I intend to try for my ds coming to 6mth soon .. bt actually alr start to giv him cereal , some porridge when im eating too & aso kfc whipped potato , those sakae sushi steam egg chawamushi hahaha ..
He then give me those funny look on his face like the food taste so terrible lol .
Hi elaine82,

I thought we only give egg yolk to children below 1 yrs, only above that age then we can give egg white, cos' they will tend to cause allergies in children.....that's what my frens and even the nurses at polyclinic told me.....

But however, if your son, does not show any reaction, then maybe it's ok :tlaugh:

I give my son, rice cereal mixed with veges sometimes, or egg yolk only, porridge with spinach, brocolli, carrots, fish, cauliflower, only when he is 6mths, when he is 7mths, I cook porridge sometimes add in chicken or fish until abt 9mths then I intro other meats like pork & beef, but mostly still give him fish, cos easier to cook and to mash it.....

You can try the Heinz or Gerber brand, they have varieties of those bottled baby food which is quite yummy too....but unfortunately, my son does not like the bottled foods

Queenbabe

Oh no1 tell me cannot eat egg white .. i only let him try abit only ..
Wow ur porridge alot of ingredients leh hahaha , ok thanks i will let him try but i dunno how to cook well haiz .

lisa_ng

Hi Mummies,

Can share what are the Solid food that you all have introduced to your babies so far?

My girl is now 6 months plus.
I have only given her some puree and porridge.
Any good ideas to share?
:tlaugh:

i started my girl with heinz first cereal.

after that i mixed with heina puree vege(those glass bottle) to feed.

follow by fish to the cereal.
not long later cook porridge with fish and minced pork.

Ah Cheng

Tried feeding him with Cereal, but he doesnt seem to know how to eat yet.
So I just fed him few mouth and let him try out first, then slowly increase the amount.

How to make puree? Just cook and smash it?

Phoebii Cheng

Wow ur porridge alot of ingredients leh hahaha , ok thanks i will let him try but i dunno how to cook well haiz .
It's ok I guess so long ur baby no reaction to it......:tlaugh:

Hmmm my porridge I cook normally only got two veges & 1 meat, or egg now....

I oso dun know how to cook...so that's why I just throw everything in, or just make soup with rice or noodles or pastas....easier :tlaugh:

madalene

Hi elaine82,

I thought we only give egg yolk to children below 1 yrs, only above that age then we can give egg white, cos' they will tend to cause allergies in children.....that's what my frens and even the nurses at polyclinic told me.....

But however, if your son, does not show any reaction, then maybe it's ok :tlaugh:

I give my son, rice cereal mixed with veges sometimes, or egg yolk only, porridge with spinach, brocolli, carrots, fish, cauliflower, only when he is 6mths, when he is 7mths, I cook porridge sometimes add in chicken or fish until abt 9mths then I intro other meats like pork & beef, but mostly still give him fish, cos easier to cook and to mash it.....

You can try the Heinz or Gerber brand, they have varieties of those bottled baby food which is quite yummy too....but unfortunately, my son does not like the bottled foods
Ya, i also heard 6mths onwds - only egg yolk, then 1yr onwds - can take whole egg de.

Yup, my gal have been eating bottled food from Heinz previously - after 4mths, she love them. she eat alot of Pumpkin & sweetcorn, Pumpkin & Beef.
Now just started Egg Custard after 6mths.

For the porridge, i have only put in pumpkin, spinach and egg yolk.
The rest, not yet. But i will try as what you have suggested.
Thanks thanks...

madalene

Hey, your boy is about the same as my gal.
She probably is 4 days earlier than him ya.

Ya, 2 weeks ago, we were at KFC too.
My hubby wana feed her the whipped potatoes but then hesitated.
Well, next time, I will try but maybe with not too much of the sauce ya.
scare she become too picky with the taste too soon...

Thanks...:tlaugh:

madalene

i started my girl with heinz first cereal.

after that i mixed with heina puree vege(those glass bottle) to feed.

follow by fish to the cereal.
not long later cook porridge with fish and minced pork.
Oya, she tried the heinz cereal but i think she prefer the Friso one.
Cos i think Heinz one quite tasteless ya, think like you said, have to add puree or other flavours. hmmm...

so for the minced pork & fish, you also feed your baby? or just eat the porridge? cos my gal still no teeth yet...

madalene

one more question!

If your baby take solid food hor, their milk intake got decrease or not?
Or still drink the same amount of milk?

badtzzz

i tried friso cereal for my 5mth old girl..she like still not use to the taste lei...how to improve her weaving?

madalene

Tried feeding him with Cereal, but he doesnt seem to know how to eat yet.
So I just fed him few mouth and let him try out first, then slowly increase the amount.

How to make puree? Just cook and smash it?

Cheng, which cereal did you give Darius?
He is about 5mths + now hor?

Me at first, feed Clarice cereal thru milk bottle.
I feed her with Friso Rice Cereal when she is abt 4mths and after 5mth, i swith to the wheat one. Then now, recently then spoon feed other food stuff, she super impatience and like forever hungry.

deela07

Hi Elaine

Nothin fancy when you cook baby food. All you gotta do is boil/steam the ingredients and mash them. No need seasoning whatsoever. Eg. Clean sweet potato, peel it and dump it in a pot of boiling water. Mash when it's cooled.That's all!

My DS is 7mo liao. He's eating really well now. Normal meal includes baby cereal and vegetable bottled baby food. I'll boil root vegetable mainly like sweet potato and jap taro(he love it so much!) when i have the time. He must have his 'tea break' - milk biscuits. :)

deela07

one more question!

If your baby take solid food hor, their milk intake got decrease or not?
Or still drink the same amount of milk?
Yes, milk intake reduce for my DS. He eats two meals a day and tea break. We'll give him water in the afternoon when it's really hot.