Some qns on planned c-section KKH

nora23

From today's checkup, was told my c-section date will be on 3 Nov 09 and I will have to proceed to Admissions at 7am dat day.
And on 2 nov 09, I have to go to KKH for blood test.

1. What is the blood test for?
2. 7am is the time for me to admit rite,so wat time will my c-section be? And what will I have to do before the c section (getting ready etc)
3. The night before, Im required to fast from midnite, why?

Thks alot!

nsync_su

Sorry if its too personal but why would u plan for a c-section? Due to some illness or baby too big? I was induced due to the size of my baby but i wanted to do normal birth. In the end, i had to go thru c-section after 24hrs of labour.

nora23

Sorry if its too personal but why would you plan for a c-section? Due to some illness or baby too big? I was induced due to the size of my baby but i wanted to do normal birth. In the end, i had to go thru c-section after 24hrs of labour.
My 1st preg ended with emergency c-sect as I was due and not dilating well even after insertion of 3 pills in a span of 3 days! Guess wat, despite all that and the on n off contractions, I only dilated 1.5cm! Baby was already in destress so off I was wheeled in the OT asap.

I'm in fact would LOVE to do natural this time round but tinkin of the past, I'm just too traumatised, with all dat checkings for dilations n all, to sum up, the agony of dat 3 days being to n fro e ward n delivery suite. Also, gynea did inform me dat every preg is different BUT my cervix may not dilate well again (there's still dat chance) as it happend b4...

So after much contemplation, I decided for c-section... I just dont wanna take e chance... haha i know i have a stubborn cervix :)

nsync_su

My 1st preg ended with emergency c-sect as I was due and not dilating well even after insertion of 3 pills in a span of 3 days! Guess what, despite all that and the on n off contractions, I only dilated 1.5cm! Baby was already in destress so off I was wheeled in the OT asap.

I'm in fact would LOVE to do natural this time round but tinkin of the past, I'm just too traumatised, with all dat checkings for dilations n all, to sum up, the agony of dat 3 days being to n fro e ward n delivery suite. Also, gynea did inform me dat every preg is different BUT my cervix may not dilate well again (there's still dat chance) as it happend before...

So after much contemplation, I decided for c-section... I just dont wanna take e chance... haha i know i have a stubborn cervix :)
Hahahahaha!!! Guess we have stubborn cervix. I was in labour for 24hrs and only dilated 2cm. So same as u... off to operation theater. Hope u have a safe delivery, dear. Its good tat u choose c-section, rather than not knowing if u can do it normally and for ur baby's sake.

nora23

Mommies, pls help pn these qns:

From today's checkup, was told my c-section date will be on 3 Nov 09 and I will have to proceed to Admissions at 7am dat day.
And on 2 nov 09, I have to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for blood test.

2. 7am is the time for me to admit rite,so what time will my c-section be? And what will I have to do before the c section (getting ready etc)

Thks alot!

melodie

2. 7am is the time for me to admit rite,so what time will my c-section be? And what will I have to do before the c section (getting ready etc)

Thks alot!
hi, our c-sec on the same day, but i dun hv ans for ur qns as i'll be at TMC.

all the best!

candy_ian

i'm not sure of kkh protocol, but i assume the blood test is to check your blood count just in case you're anaemic n they may need standby blood. As for timing u may need to check with them what i can tell u is they will give u a enema to poo poo n u need to fast min 6 hrs b4 procedure. This is based on MAH protocol.

nora23

i'm not sure of Kandang Kerbau Hospital protocol, but i assume the blood test is to check your blood count just in case you're anaemic n they may need standby blood. As for timing you may need to check with them what i can tell you is they will give you a enema to poo poo n you need to fast min 6 hours before procedure. This is based on MAH protocol.

Thks for yr reply!:)

summerp

Thks alot!
I just went thru planned C-section at kkh this month.

1. I heard its for the surgery. But not sure why too..But I did it while waiting at the ward.
2. I think the ops should be around 3 hours later. You will do the admission at the lobby. Later on, the nurse will bring u to the ward, and you will wait there. They will bring you the KKH clothes etc etc. Before going to the ops threatre, they will come and check bb's heartbeat etc.
3. Yes, my gynae also told me to fast for about 6 -7 hours.

nora23

I just went thru planned C-section at Kandang Kerbau Hospital this month.

1. I heard its for the surgery. But not sure why too..But I did it while waiting at the ward.
2. I think the ops should be around 3 hours later. You will do the admission at the lobby. Later on, the nurse will bring you to the ward, and you will wait there. They will bring you the Kandang Kerbau Hospital clothes etc etc. Before going to the ops threatre, they will come and check baby's heartbeat etc.
3. Yes, my gynae also told me to fast for about 6 -7 hours.
Thks for ur reply! Fast recovery to u!