Soya bean milk

pearlie08

i love soya bean milk and been drinking for ages..hehe so nw i make it a daily supplement..MIL said its good for bb skin..

Amulet

can take soya milk n soy products, but do it in moderation.. don't take too much coz it's not very good, especially if u are carrying boy.. n it's said to make baby extra colicky if mom takes too much soy milk during pregnancy..

it doesn't gives baby good skin.. it's all genetic.. my mum drank a big mug of kopi-o daily wen she was pregnant with me.. i'm born very very fair.. she had soya milk daily wen she was pregnant with my brother.. he have tanned skin than me although also fair skinned.. and he is always crying day in day out..

maneo0302

I drink soya bean milk almost everyday too. And i heard that soya bean curd is not too good too. Therefore, I stopped taking bean curd since a week ago. :) I'm not particular about the baby skin, but am more concern abt my calcium when i grow old.

Make a pregnancy ticker

pipilili

I drink soya bean milk occasionally on Sun. I think anything in moderation is ok.

If you don't like fresh milk, maybe you can buy powdered milk? My mum insist I drink powdered milk, so everytime I am hungry in the middle of the night, I will ask my hubby to make half cup of HOT milk for me.

By the way, the powdered milk I am talking about is for pregnant mum, it's pretty good cos after drinking half cup, I am not hungry anymore. But do drink lots of water cos it's pretty heaty.:001_302:

maneo0302

I drink soya bean milk occasionally on Sun. I think anything in moderation is ok.

If you don't like fresh milk, maybe you can buy powdered milk? My mum insist I drink powdered milk, so everytime I am hungry in the middle of the night, I will ask my hubby to make half cup of HOT milk for me.

By the way, the powdered milk I am talking about is for pregnant mum, it's pretty good cos after drinking half cup, I am not hungry anymore. But do drink lots of water cos it's pretty heaty.:001_302:
For the powdered milk, i drink Anmum now. Enfamama is too sweet, but I have finished one big tin.
My hubby keep asking me to drink, but everytime i wanna drink, its either i'm too full or its too late at night. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

tinkerw

Everyday, i drink about 2 glass of goat milk (breakfast), 2-3 cups of soya bean milk (snack),
and about 1-4 glass of maternal milk (supper).

My milk intake is too much during preg. Because i have extremely strong craving for it, i just drink to my heart content. My comfort drink!

Hehehe

My boy is ok but a little too fair.

Last edited:

maneo0302

I drink abt 2-3 cups of soya bean milk on top of goat milk and maternal milk.

My boy is ok but a little too fair.
Fair is good. :)
Actually drinking milk won't make your baby fair. It depends. I have one colleague who drank alot of coffee. The baby comes out fair. Then her next baby, she drank alot of soya bean milk. Her baby comes out dark.

SkyeFve

Does anyone know whether drinking soya bean milk is safe during pregnancy? There seems to be so many different views on this and I would be grateful for your input on this.

Normal milk makes me queasy and I was wondering whether soya bean milk would be a good alternative.

Thanks!
soya bean milk is good for pregnant women due to the protein. my #1 baby's skin is smooth and fair, maybe because i drank soya bean milk during my pregnancy. ^^

the general rule for all food and drinks: in moderation. any excess usually isnt good.

i have some recipes u can follow at home to make soya bean milk actually, any mums interested?

Last edited:

zaclin29

soya bean milk is good for pregnant women due to the protein. my #1 baby's skin is smooth and fair, maybe because i drank soya bean milk during my pregnancy. ^^

the general rule for all food and drinks: in moderation. any excess usually isnt good.

i have some recipes u can follow at home to make soya bean milk actually, any mums interested?
Hi SkyeFve, I'm keen.. can u PM me the recipe?

felicity

just did the test yesterday and found out that it's positive. i was a coffeeholic but recently i detest coffee and have been craving for soya milk! drank a serving of mr bean yesterday, another serving today, plus having nutrisoy now... and another packet in the fridge just in case... is it normal? :err:

Dragontail

I read that it's a myth to drink soya bean products for fair skin baby. But so many mommies swear by it!

How much is enough? Must I drink it everyday? A cup a day is good enough? Starting at Week10 is not too late?

Dragontail

I try to swing by those fresh soya bean stalls whenever I can. If not, like you, I'm also drinking that unisoy. But I feel those fresh ones taste much better... And I will prefer the bean curb more than the drinks.

tinkerw

Better drink organic soy milk. Coz i think most of the soy/ corn nowaday are Gmo. Which is no good for all not only to pregnant woman. My boy is taking the organic soy milk at times. But sometimes i wonder if those self proclaim organic milk are organic?

felicity

i think traditional "douhua" or beancurd, not some of the modern pudding type, are made from coagulating the soy milk.. and the coagulant used is "cooling" (liang) in nature, so not good to take too much when pregnant... that's what my mum told me...

since pregnant i will have cravings for soy milk... often take mr bean, sometimes anything available off the shelf in supermarkets, also hv the unisoy organic soya milk powder (unsweetened, recommended by colleague always hv some ready in office) and sometimes mil will make fresh soy milk for me as she has the soy milk maker at home..