Start of maternity leave

comtess

Hi everyone~

Just a check. How soon should we go for maternity leave? If my EDD is 12 March, when should I ideally go? Reason being, I don't want to go too early and bum around at home.

Comments?

Thanks~!

DodoTan

It really depends on you. A lot of my friends work till the day they deliver. I took 2 weeks before my EDD though, because it was just getting too stressful at work. Everyday people telling me that I have to clear this or that before I leave. Ended up feeling very overwhelmed. Plus, I had problems sleeping towards my due date and was really tired during the day.

Ah Cheng

If you have 4 months maternity, then no harm taking it earlier to rest.

As for me, I took 2 weeks B4 EDD cos my feet were badly swollen. So cant walk too far, and very tiring to go to work already.

However, I only used 1 day, cos I delivered on the 2nd day leave (due to sudden high blood pressure).

January84

Hi everyone~

Just a check. How soon should we go for maternity leave? If my EDD is 12 March, when should I ideally go? Reason being, I don't want to go too early and bum around at home.

Comments?

Thanks~!

norm is 2 weeks before EDD. as mostly BB will arrive 1 week pior to EDD, so the first week, u can have a good rest and do whatever u need, eg, going to the hair salon, have a good wash of hair, facial/pre-natal massage for relaxation. . .

I was with my ex-co when I had my first child, and I started to rest 1 month before my EDD. I cleared my ALs and time offs and used 2 days of my ML before bb was born.

During that time, I meet up most of my friends (cos after delivery will have no time/energy for a couple of months), visited the hair salon, done pedicure for light massage, clean and scrub the nails, facial and pre-natal massage for the 1st 2 weeks, 3rd week rested at home fully as felt very tired. Then BB out on the 2 day of the 4th week. :001_302:

For my current co, I will rest 3 weeks before EDD as the christmas week is my co annual shutdown and I start my ML from Jan 09, cos my co policy is MTB to rest 2 weeks before EDD.

Plan well and u will not feel u are idling . . .

or, chat with us in mummysg! :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Tracy.tan

I will start my end this week, my c-section is on 10 Dec, so I have like 1 week plus to rest and relax and spend some quality time with my two girls before their baby sister arrived.

Ah Cheng

Ya, rest early so that you can start to pack your hospital bag, see if there is anything still havent buy yet. Cos the next 1 month you are not allowed to go out liao!!

Tracy.tan

I kind of worry how the c-section will go, how many of you went thru c-section and how did you feel about the whole process especially when you are awake during the process?

CanCanMum

i din go thru but heard from my friend u can "feel" the cutting but painless....and people busy doing things...shuffling etc but totally numb waist downwards. And u only push when the nurse tells u to.....coz u dun feel any pains to time your pushing....Weird hor?

But she did feel painful after she woke up and the epi went off. So must take painkillers immed.

badtzzz

hmmm..my co. calculate ML on the day i was delivered....like weird sia...luckily my gynae give me MC before that...so didnt use much of my AL...hahha

wenz

i started my ML on the day of my DD birth... but was actually resting for 3weeks before EDD under MC cos my pelvis bone loosen due to pressure so i cannot walk as its very very painful.. even standing also pain.. so was on bedrest for 1 month... no shopping etc... very sianz everyday surf net on bed... keke...

Tracy.tan

i din go thru but heard from my friend u can "feel" the cutting but painless....and people busy doing things...shuffling etc but totally numb waist downwards. And u only push when the nurse tells u to.....coz u dun feel any pains to time your pushing....Weird hor?

But she did feel painful after she woke up and the epi went off. So must take painkillers immed.
Thanks CanCanMum, That's what friends told me too, but not that part about pushing leh, push wat huh?

For my case, I have opt for GA and ob also think that's the best cos I have placenta previa and can get a little bit messy if I opt for epi. I hope everything will be smooth sailing.....

Cheers,
Trace

CanCanMum

Thanks CanCanMum, That's what friends told me too, but not that part about pushing leh, push wat huh?

For my case, I have opt for GA and ob also think that's the best cos I have placenta previa and can get a little bit messy if I opt for epi. I hope everything will be smooth sailing.....

Cheers,
Trace
push your baby out la, ah ba den?