Still big tummy :(

firandshal

Hi mummies,
just wondering if your tummies became significantly flatter after massage??? I had malay massage lady for 7 days... Tummy became smaller but still protuding looks like im 5 months preggie!!! Even my gynae commented i should do something abt it... Sigh...

The thing is i have a small frame and flat tummy before preggie... During preggie gained weight but still look relatively slim xcept for protruding tummy... Now post preggie i have small body n flabby protruding tummy... Loook horrible!!! I see all mummies have relatively flat tummmy...when will i get flatter tummy...now coming to third week confinement will it become flatter gradually?? Or must i buy those slimming cream, cellulite cream, wear binder everyday???

Any advice? i dont want to look weird small body big tummy...

apollo

it could be water retention. do u drink enough water? lack of water intake can cause water retention. try to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily and see if it helps =)

Lim2528

Have your tummy went down? I also got this problem.. After finished 10days massage, I still got small tummy like 3mths preg and hip size increased too. Any solution to flatten the tummy??

keefu

Try drinking longan red dates drink? After my delivery i do look like 5-6 months pregnant and eating little confinement food (didn't eat Ginger as I have c-section), but did wear an abdominal binder for two weeks. Now is my 3rd week and I look like having some fats at my tummy that's all... Maybe different mummy's body have different methods to slim down...

shiyi

Have your tummy went down? I also got this problem.. After finished 10days massage, I still got small tummy like 3mths preg and hip size increased too. Any solution to flatten the tummy??
its quite normal that the tummy will be still big. how bout doing some situps?

JazN

Hi firandshal ,
don't worry too much you're only still in your 3rd week of confinement only. Don't worry or hurry to have a flatter tummy. Even during my gal's 1 month b'day I was still quite meaty but no longer already. Just eat a well balanced diet & you sure have lots to work out :) Your tummy will definitely grow flat gradually

MeganLim

I just delivered my gal 10 days ago and started with massage on 5 th day.

Tummy was protruding out like 5 mths pregy also.

After tidying with bengkung tummy wrap for a few hours each day. Tummy flattened alot.

Maybe can try bengkung but it's really very tight.

Lim2528

I just delivered my gal 10 days ago and started with massage on 5 th day.

Tummy was protruding out like 5 mths pregy also.

After tidying with bengkung tummy wrap for a few hours each day. Tummy flattened alot.

Maybe can try bengkung but it's really very tight.
I done the wrap on my confinement and it does flatten abit but still look like 3mth preg. Thinking of buying corset, dont know if it will help?

MeganLim

Oh. I apply slimming cream and tied everyday. Will see how after 1 month.

For corset think must buy those with bones. If not it won't contour

corrinne

You might want to try the micro-massage undergarment / pant from ITSI.

I purchase last year due to my tummy and hip areas. It works for me! Must get the body series if you are resolving Tummy.

Their website: itsi.com.sg

christie06

You might want to try the micro-massage undergarment / pant from ITSI.

I purchase last year due to my tummy and hip areas. It works for me! Must get the body series if you are resolving Tummy.

Their website: itsi.com.sg
hi corrine, i bought this undergarment im on my 3rd week of wearing it... i noticed my thighs are getting firmer... on the tummy area a bit smaller than before but still not flat... when you wear it did you also minimize food intake or on a special diet? how long did you wear the undergarment? thanks =)

Last edited:

corrinne

hi corrine, i bought this undergarment im on my 3rd week of wearing it... i noticed my thighs are getting firmer... on the tummy area a bit smaller than before but still not flat... when you wear it did you also minimize food intake or on a special diet? how long did you wear the undergarment? thanks =)
Hi Christie,

I bought 2 pieces of the undergarment body series at different timing, Size 12 and 10. I wear Size 12 for about 6 weeks and switch to size 10 and wear for another 8 weeks. So total approx 14 weeks.

I did not go for any special diet, but I do take care of what I eat - less sweet and oily food.

I go for exercise 1 to 3 times a week (together with the undergarment), as the sales told me body movement with their micro-massage product can achieve faster result. Brisk walking is good.

Hope this help.

christie06

Hi Christie,

I bought 2 pieces of the undergarment body series at different timing, Size 12 and 10. I wear Size 12 for about 6 weeks and switch to size 10 and wear for another 8 weeks. So total approx 14 weeks.

I did not go for any special diet, but I do take care of what I eat - less sweet and oily food.

I go for exercise 1 to 3 times a week (together with the undergarment), as the sales told me body movement with their micro-massage product can achieve faster result. Brisk walking is good.

Hope this help.
Thanks... i also ordered size 12 and compared to the first time i wear it... it's not that super tight than before... so i'll cut down chocolates =( and fried foods... and do brisk walking....thanks for the help hope it works for me... and hopefully to wear size 10 in few weeks from now =) actually i already am at my pre preggy size but i really want to slim down and tone a bit... this undergarment is quite expensive but worth a try =)

Autum

Boil black bean soup with pork ribs. My nanny boil black bean soup with pork ribs with little ginger. I was 71kg before birth and back to 59kg after full month. Friends who came to my bb full month said I dont look like I just given birth. Black bean soup also gives me more milk, i have very little and after drink this soup, it boost my milk supply. You can try.

twiggiez

Any advise on where to buy a binder/bengkung and how much? thanks:)
my massage lady did it with a modern twist. she used the bengkung java method.
she simply used two strips of cloth. both about 10metres long. the material is canvas if i'm not wrong. one of the strips was of rough/harder texture. after applying jamu to my tummy and layering a piece of cloth, she bound me up tightly.
it flattened my tummy but i still have a pouch.

before i got the massage lady, my mom helped with the traditional bengkung java method. she sewed together cloth to make it long. correct length should be 15metres. the width should be the length of your abdomen. with this method you need to know how to tie it though coz it'll end up loose.

it's been 6weeks since i gve birth. currently wearing a zip up corset which is a size smaller than i currently am. it helps a bit.
still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. luckily i have a few jeans which are a few sizes bigger. my mom says it'll take at least 5 months to get back to normal.
think i'll get the slimming cream my grandma uses. it works for her.

reginaluxp

Try taking NaturCare Organic Lacto-Fiber. I have been taking this for my 2 pregnancy via c-sect and when i was bfeeding. No problem at all. It works for me.

Here's my testimony:
I'm a 27 year-old mummy to 2 boys. When I was pregnant, my weight ballooned from my original 48.5kg to a post-birth 63kg. With the heavier body, I felt more lethargic and fell sick easily. I wanted to lose some weight and cleanse my body of the toxins. At the same time, I was afraid that the off-the-shelf detox or slimming products would cause harm to my baby boy as I was still breastfeeding.

By some stroke of luck, I came across a product whilst browsing the Tupperware brochure: NaturCare Organic Lacto Fiber. The product is organic, 100% natural, and packed with nutrients which would benefit both myself as well as my baby boy.

I bought a box to try and was pleasantly surprised at how well it tasted. I had fully expected fiber to taste bland, but here was a beverage that tasted really good. I went on to take Lacto Fiber on a daily basis and by the end of the 1st month, I had lost 5kg from my post-birth weight. Not only that, I felt lighter and more alert. My health also improved and I fell sick less often.

Since then, I have lost another 5kg. Although the weight loss is much more gradual now, I am convinced that it is the healthier way to lose weight as compared to all those slimming pills and medications out there. The nutrients packed in Lacto Fiber also ensures that I get to absorb all the necessary nutrition.
I believe that Lacto Fiber can help everyone in the same way it has helped me.

You can refer to this thread for more info and other testimonial:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/say-bye-bye-your-tummy-fats-65714/#post534209

Carlisle

Yeah you should drink more water in the morning. because it can helps to clean toxins to our body... and water plays a very important rule in flushing them out to our body.