still feeling unwell even in 2nd trimester

hi all mummies-to-be, i m still feeling unwell even though i m in my 2nd trimester...having dry throat n cough, n lots of phlegm in my throat, n caused me feel lik vomitting everytime i tried to cough out the phlegm...i m wondering any mummies encountered the same discomfort as me? as my next appointment to c gynae is still wks away, it reli made me worried whether my baby is fine or not...

Asphere

hi, some mummies feel sick throughout the whole pregnancy.. if you are worry, you can check with your gynae. just call up the clinic and they will help u with the qns. dun be shy to call and ask :) i been puking every morning even now :) i am also in trim 2 liao :D

hi, some mummies feel sick throughout the whole pregnancy.. if you are worry, you can check with your gynae. just call up the clinic and they will help u with the qns. dun be shy to call and ask :) i been puking every morning even now :) i am also in trim 2 liao :D
thanks Asphere, i did ask the doc..but he dun hv much solution, juz told me tis is normal..i was told to take the medicine given by the GP when i visited one earlier on...but all the medicine dun seem to help :(

u still having morning sickness? my throat hav lots of phlegm even though i tried to eat healthily,but can't get rid of all the phlegm at all...

Asphere

yah i still have the morning sickness and it sux haha.. dun worry abt ur cough.. i have a frenz also cough all the way haha.. but mainly is she quite weak and prone to coughing..
no need to worry so much as long doc said u r fine.. be happy for the pregnancy n worry less so baby will be happy baby :D

yah i still have the morning sickness and it sux haha.. dun worry abt ur cough.. i have a frenz also cough all the way haha.. but mainly is she quite weak and prone to coughing..
no need to worry so much as long doc said u r fine.. be happy for the pregnancy n worry less so baby will be happy baby :D
hehe thanks for ur encouragement..wow i tink ur fren ll feel v xin ku...she nv tot of visiting chinese doc or more GPs to cure her illness? hope ur morning sickness ll b gone soon too :)

Haiz I'm facing the same prob, very bad cough and lotsa phlegm... Was hospitalised on sun night due to high fever and now I'm still coughing...

Well, I resorted to personal remedies such as herbal tea from this neighbourhood medical halls, cough syrup prescribed by doc which I was originally reluctant to drink cuz was afraid might affect baby and drinking warm water. I was drinking cold water becuz water in room temp jus makes me feel like puking...

My morning sickness is still bad and I just vomited in the morning, think the coughing is making it worse. Read from the Internet that our immune system gets suppressed so the baby(foreign object) doesn't get rejected by our body, that's why pregnant ladies are more prone to illnesses, just be sure to take ur vitamins and calcium pills... Get plenty of rest and drink lotsa water to hydrate yourself ya? Take care

Haiz I'm facing the same prob, very bad cough and lotsa phlegm... Was hospitalised on sun night due to high fever and now I'm still coughing...

Well, I resorted to personal remedies such as herbal tea from this neighbourhood medical halls, cough syrup prescribed by doc which I was originally reluctant to drink cuz was afraid might affect baby and drinking warm water. I was drinking cold water becuz water in room temp jus makes me feel like puking...

My morning sickness is still bad and I just vomited in the morning, think the coughing is making it worse. Read from the Internet that our immune system gets suppressed so the baby(foreign object) doesn't get rejected by our body, that's why pregnant ladies are more prone to illnesses, just be sure to take ur vitamins and calcium pills... Get plenty of rest and drink lotsa water to hydrate yourself ya? Take care
hi autumnfall, r u ok? wow u seems v sick,even got hospitalised..r u better now?

ya now i kp on having the feeling tat something is stuck in my throat, making me wan cough n choke on it, not sure is it phlegm or not..i tried cough it out but can't help much, kp on feeling something stuck there...feel so xin ku :(

i wonder y ppl can enjoy their pregnancy but not me cos i kp on sick, so sad...even drinking water made me wanna puke at times onli..

u take care too, n hope u get well soon :)

Ya I'm fine now but my cough continues, been coughing green phlegm but heard from the Internet it's a way the body purge out toxics so I will just bear with it...

Dont worry u r not alone, I'm feeling sick and unwell too, haven taken 5 weeks of leave to rest and will be returning to work next week, but I don't feel that im ready yet.. Don't knw why but it seems that my immune system been really bad and I have no appetite, always cannot finish my food, I'm turning 15 weeks this Thursday. Heard they say appetite will all return from 5th mth onwards, I will just wait and see how Loh

Ya I'm fine now but my cough continues, been coughing green phlegm but heard from the Internet it's a way the body purge out toxics so I will just bear with it...

Dont worry u r not alone, I'm feeling sick and unwell too, haven taken 5 weeks of leave to rest and will be returning to work next week, but I don't feel that im ready yet.. Don't knw why but it seems that my immune system been really bad and I have no appetite, always cannot finish my food, I'm turning 15 weeks this Thursday. Heard they say appetite will all return from 5th mth onwards, I will just wait and see how Loh
ya me too, i still coughing n kp on having tat choking feeling in my throat, tried to cough it out but can't spit it out, do u hv tis feeling too?

my appetite has not been v gd too..lets jia you together, hope our health will improve n hav better appetite soon..if u still unwell, mayb can consider to take another few more days of leave or sick leave? at least can rest...

smilem

i was ok during the 1st tri.. but 2nd tri.. i had acute head pain.. which triggled my migrine.. end up i ve to take 2 days MC 1 day leave..

i cant' take it so went to see yu ren sheng at paragon. The Senior physician done the acuputure & issued me 2 weeks of chinese powder medi. after consume for 3 days, my headache gets better but still heaty inside my body. She told me to eat some water melon to "cool" down my internal. I was told to stop my vitamin & calcium coz these make inner very heaty.

Now my headache ok liao.. jz left with flu & cough.. :(

Hi, not advisable to stop ur Calcium and prenatal vitamins. If you really must stop, pls drink plenty of milk and eat ur veges too... Even so, it may not be enough for the baby. Prenatal vits and calcium actually provides u with the nutrients u need which u do not normally receive enough from a normal diet. Calcium is important becuz if baby do not receive enough of it, they will start to suck out calcium from ur bones, resulting in osteoporosis in the future.

Actually, if u r drinking enough water, do continue to eat the vitamins and calcium pills. I been taking them and honestly, they make me giddy and 'heaty' too, so maybe drink more water to hydrate yourself and counter the side effects. Actually, I don't think is advisable to take those chinese powder, you nvr know what they put inside.

Take care, im sick too, just down with diarrhoea due to food poisoning and I do not want to take the medicine prescribed by the doc cuz was afraid it might do baby more harm, I just let my body's natural system heal by itself even though it takes much more time...

smilem

HI Autumn

how u feeling? diarrhoea.. woa.. u how many weeks u in now?

Hi, not advisable to stop ur Calcium and prenatal vitamins. If you really must stop, pls drink plenty of milk and eat ur veges too... Even so, it may not be enough for the baby. Prenatal vits and calcium actually provides u with the nutrients u need which u do not normally receive enough from a normal diet. Calcium is important becuz if baby do not receive enough of it, they will start to suck out calcium from ur bones, resulting in osteoporosis in the future.

Actually, if u r drinking enough water, do continue to eat the vitamins and calcium pills. I been taking them and honestly, they make me giddy and 'heaty' too, so maybe drink more water to hydrate yourself and counter the side effects. Actually, I don't think is advisable to take those chinese powder, you nvr know what they put inside.

Take care, im sick too, just down with diarrhoea due to food poisoning and I do not want to take the medicine prescribed by the doc cuz was afraid it might do baby more harm, I just let my body's natural system heal by itself even though it takes much more time...

I'm 16 weeks, Haiz I think it's food poisoning, went to O&G at KK hosp tOday, and the doc wasn't able to identify the prob, jus issued me medicine which I don't wana take... Been having diarrhea for more than 10 times since yesterday... Haiz and the stomachache is killing me... Any gd docs to recommend?

smilem

How about your own gynae?

I'm 16 weeks, sigh I think it's food poisoning, went to O&G at KK hospital tOday, and the doc wasn't able to identify the prob, just issued me medicine which I dont't want to take... Been having diarrhea for more than 10 times since yesterday... sigh and the stomachache is killing me... Any good docs to recommend?

Hmm... But I think gynae is helpless in terms of illnesses during pregnancy. They may know how to look out for your baby's needs and development, but may be incapable of determining your illnesses or diagnose your prob/illness during a pregnancy. Anyways, went to KK hosp today and was given antibiotics, will the continue the course and see how things go from there...

smilem

i feel my headache is ok, so i resume back my calcium tablet.. but after taking 1 tablet at nite. my head pain start again.. :(

Aiyo, if u must stop calcium pills, must drink more milk k, my gynae says at least 3 glasses without the pills. These vitamins and pills also gave me nosebleed and dry skin/lips... Haiz tahan Abit, drink more water k... Take care