stretchmarks creams/oil/lotions

mummyhu

Hi, no cream or oil will heal stretch marks, so if they are saying so, it's bad advertisement and I wouldn't buy their product as they are lying!

You can try the Weleda Pregnancy oil available at www.ginko-shop.com A friend is using it and it seems it's quickly absorbed and doesn't stick on the skin. It's all natural ingredients. You may read some reviews on this oil on Google. I don't know if it's effective. And it's much cheaper than the Clarins oil.

From my personal experience, I had stretch marks from both pregnancies. I used to put the Biotherm on my first pregnancy and the Mustela on my second. And as some of you said, stretch marks are hereditary. I had stretch mark from growth, so I believe it's no wonder I had some when pregnant. It actually appeared on the last month of pregnancy! And you do see them before giving birth as they are pinkish at first.

I still applied cream on my second pregnancy but more to moisturise the skin and feel it less itchy than to prevent from stretch marks.

Good luck to all of you!
I use the weleda oil after I shower at night (it does absorb super fast) and the clarins cream (buy from swanston store in chinatown, i believe i only paid $50ish) in the morning b4 I go to work. But the pink stretch marks also appeared in the last couple of wks which was disappointing! Oh well just have to accept it and continue moisturizing no matter what, it's better than not applying anything!

poisonfruitcake

Hi All,

I am using the clarins toning oil together with their stretch mark cream concurrently at the same time - twice- Morning and evening.

I am not sure if this is sufficient. How many times a day do you ladies apply your cream/oil?
someone gave me the advise to apply oil/cream every 3hours to keep the belly moisturise at all times. Is this true? Anyone heard of such a thing?

angiebaby

our company do import for clarins so im getting stuff price for all their products, currently have 2 clarins stretch mark control cream for sell ( bought too many at one time due to greedy...lol ) $60 each, anyone wan to have it just give me a call or sms 96859496

Hi All,

I am using the clarins toning oil together with their stretch mark cream concurrently at the same time - twice- Morning and evening.

I am not sure if this is sufficient. How many times a day do you ladies apply your cream/oil?
someone gave me the advise to apply oil/cream every 3hours to keep the belly moisturise at all times. Is this true? Anyone heard of such a thing?
I only apply 1-2x/day, usually after taking a shower. Also using a moisturizing bodywash like Olay also helps in retaining skin's moisture.

ling198

One of my friends has recommended me to use olive oil, the extra virgin one if possible. However since there're only the big bottles of extra virgin oils in the supermarket, I just use the Ginvera olive oil which you can find in most places.

My tummy has become very moisturized after using since week 27th (I'm in my 35th week already), I still don't feel any itchiness and no stretch marks too for now (crossed my fingers).

mummyhu

Stretch marks | BabyCenter

"gaining [weight] slowly may reduce your chances of getting stretch marks."

seriously, i didn't get any till i totally pigged out during cny. it's the time where i gained the most weight the quickest, even my doc was quite alarmed.

^^Good thing I never had a trace of stretchmarks despite of my rapid weight gain (5KG in 1mo) around October-November. For me, it has something to do with your skin's elasticity. And of course genetics plays a big role for most people as well. I have old stretchmarks but never had new ones since I got pregnant. I'll give credit to using a moisturizing body wash, Bio Oil & keeping myself hydrated all the time & I'm happy it paid off :)

Last edited:

Qian1984

Elancyl is not bad leh.. from france.. not over greasy, can wear your clothes after application.. i v kiasu one, 1mth plus preggie then i apply liao.. i've nv been so hardworking.. lol.. though i always heard that it depends on genes, but additional help does contribute to certain extent, so in anyway, must apply diligently!

joeyjy

hey, i'm only 5 weeks but didnt really see any stretchmarks cuz i was fat previously but managed to slim down few years back. thus i've alot of white stretchmarks.. can i ask if i still need to apply cream on it and when should i? :001_302:

ilovelebins

I combine the Clarins tonic oil with the nivea body lotion and so far it has been quite useful. I apply them once a day at night after bathing

Elancyl is not bad leh.. from france.. not over greasy, can wear your clothes after application.. i v kiasu one, 1mth plus preggie then i apply liao.. i've nv been so hardworking.. lol.. though i always heard that it depends on genes, but additional help does contribute to certain extent, so in anyway, must apply diligently!
Hi qian i'm also using tat.. Seems to work well for me so far.. I started prob at ard 10 weeks or before tat and yes its not sticky and eadily absorb which other brand are thick and sticky.. At least 2 times a day or sometimes 3.. Hopefully it will give better elastic to my skin from now as i'm in 24 weeks.. Very soon my tummy will grow rapidly snd hope my efforts show me some good results cos i still wanna go for TANNING ! Lol