Supply drop suddenly

ooohax

Hi Mummies,

my milk supply dropped suddenly after 3 months of total breastfeeding. Previously I was having alot of milk until my freezer ran out of space and donated more than 10litres of milk out. I have started working and was unable to pump regularly. My supply dropped after one day that I was unable to pump out my milk for 7hrs. Previously was getting 350-400 every 3-4hrs, now i am only getting 150ml or even lesser every 3-4hrs. Can any mummies advise on how I can increase my supply? I need to store as much milk in my freezer as I will have to travel out of sg. For the pass few days, i only have just enough for my bb and was unable to freezer any additional milk.

u still have to continue the pumping session every 3 hours. if possible, work out thrgout the the 24-clock, best to do a early morning pump or a late night pump before u sleep. if u can, dont miss night pumps and build up the supply from there again.

working mother normally encounter dip in supply but unless u really are strict in yr pumping schedule, else it will continue to dip.

another problem with dipping supply might be ovulating/menstrating for some woman like me. or it is time to inspect yr pumping accessory and check if there is any wear and tear which can cause ineffective pump.

diza

Must be diligent... I always express around the same timing at work. I used to have at least 3l of frozen EBM but when I went overseas, I couldn't keep up and then I was left with only 300ml! Started to panic, took fenugreek, express every 3 hours even if the amount is less than 50ml just to establish my supply again. Thankfully now I at least have Abt 1l of frozen EBM. And if ur menses is coming, supply can drop too.

Tingle

Any mommies have recommendation on which brand of fenugreek? Heard from other mommies that buy the fenugreek seed and boil it in hot water and drink it as normal water. Any comment on this? Bcos I would like to re-lactate after my son is 7 months old today. Please assist to help and advise. Thank you in advance!

Phoebii Cheng

Actually you can buy the capsule form from GNC, I bought mine from there when I was breastfeeding my son. I think it depends also on whether you pump bm is regular too, even when I went back to work I pump at 2 - 3hrly without fail. Thank God my boss was quite understanding. Diligence is the word if you want to BF. There are also other herbs like blessed thistle I think that can help with supply of BM. Drink fish with papaya soup it helps too.
Any mommies have recommendation on which brand of fenugreek? Heard from other mommies that buy the fenugreek seed and boil it in hot water and drink it as normal water. Any comment on this? Bcos I would like to re-lactate after my son is 7 months old today. Please assist to help and advise. Thank you in advance!

ifah03

GNC fenugreek expensive- $29.90.

Got mine at guardian/watson oth pharmacy - abt $23 only. vegetarian capsule, so suitable fo rmuslims and vegetarians.
take 3 in morning, afternoon and nite for first few days then, only 2 at am and nite.

Have a few unopened bottles, bought too many. interstd? Selling only $17 each or 2 for $32.
watsapp 97391770.