Swimming lessons for 8mth old baby

CDL

Want to start swimming lessons for my DD. Does anyone have any recommendations - preference for lessons in the East (Bedok or Tampines)

stonston

I went for trial class at Suntec when my boy was younger. Decided not to enrol him cos find it not worth the money.

End up we bring him swimming on our own frequently instead. Now I'm going to teach him swimming on my own. Wait till he's 5yo then let him learn from coach so that he can register for exam.

uddermummy

I went for trial class at Suntec when my boy was younger. Decided not to enrol him cos find it not worth the money.

End up we bring him swimming on our own frequently instead. Now I'm going to teach him swimming on my own. Wait till he's 5yo then let him learn from coach so that he can register for exam.
wah! I wish i can do that too. Prob is both hubby and i not v good at swimming, so safer to leave bb in professionals' hands. :p

but it'll really be nice if i can teach dd how to swim! :)

stonston

wah! I wish i can do that too. Prob is both hubby and i not very good at swimming, so safer to leave baby in professionals' hands. :p

but it'll really be nice if i can teach dear daughter how to swim! :)
I learnt swimming since 5, got Gold Star award many years ago. & I'm very fussy about technique as it affects swimming speed :)

uddermummy

:) i'm the type who has to swim breadths and can't swim lengths.

hahah, v irritating for other pple lohhh, cos i keep getting in their way! :p

btw, just called swimfast. they say they not opening new classes because of the swine flu. registration for new class will start end of this year for lessons next jan.

about $200 for 10 half an hour lessons at safra yishun.

Reactions: CDL

CDL

"btw, just called swimfast. they say they not opening new classes because of the swine flu. registration for new class will start end of this year for lessons next jan.

about $200 for 10 half an hour lessons at safra yishun."

Thanks Uddermummy! I emailed them for info but haven't heard from them yet. Well, it is a wise precaution to take now that swine flu is so prevalent.

uddermummy

"btw, just called swimfast. they say they not opening new classes because of the swine flu. registration for new class will start end of this year for lessons next jan.

about $200 for 10 half an hour lessons at safra yishun."

Thanks Uddermummy! I emailed them for info but have not't heard from them yet. Well, it is a wise precaution to take now that swine flu is so prevalent.
you're welcome! yeah, act wiser to wait until the flu dies down...

CDL

Just heard from Swimfast. Their lessons are for kids from 5 years. So still on the lookout for instructor/class for my 8mth old DD.

uddermummy

did you get the right person? cos the other time i specifically asked for infant classes...

unless they've since decided to cancel infant classes?

my friend told me there's another one at suntec or ( is it taka) called aqua ducks. haven't called them yet.

uddermummy

isnt it too young for 8 mths old to learn swimming???
actually they can start when they are 6 mths, some ang moh books say they can start even younger...

these classes horr, they don't really let bbs swim. It's more of mummy/daddy hold bbs in water and then let them play and kick! :tlaugh:

redjn

I believe in SIN there is no swimming lesson for child below 5 yrs old. I think most of the parent will take their kids to swimming on their own & teach swimming on their own. like me :) but son not into learning swimming till now, he only wants to play in the pool.

autumn82

I believe in SIN there is no swimming lesson for child below 5 yrs old. I think most of the parent will take their kids to swimming on their own & teach swimming on their own. like me :) but son not into learning swimming till now, he only wants to play in the pool.
Erm.. There are swimming lessons for those below 5yrs old!! Heh. But depends on individual parents, whether they wanna let their kids learn or not coz of the price.. :)

http://www.swimminglessons.com.sg/infantaquatics.htm

shespice

I introduced the swimming pool to my gal around 6 months. She loves to bathe so I thought why not let her go to the pool to try out. She likes the water then just keep hitting the water and playing only hee hee. I just bought the arm float for her but haven't tried out yet coz no time to go to the pool hahah.
Actually bought the neck float also but she doesn't like it! she was so uncomfortable and made noise so i never used it and instead just carry her and move her in the water and put her in different positions like as though she "swimming" ha ha! One thing I am concern is whether its bad for their eyes since splash splash then the chlorine water get into their eyes? I see water in my gal's eyes leh.

redjn

my boy love the swimming pool but not sure he really into loving the swimming part :p i believe all kids like pooling in the water more than swimming officially. To put him thro' the learning lesson, I guess I wont do that, for me, I felt still too young & too costly knowing that he will not pick up the learning, I may as well do the teaching myself, I may not be a professional type swimmer but I guess is sufficient enough to teach him how to do it.

stonston

Actually you should attend the trial lessons first.

I did and I really found it fun, but not worth the fees & the hassle to go all the way to suntec for lessons.

All they do is the parents hold the baby & 'dance' to the music. Cos at 8mths, they dunno how to blow bubbles, dunno how to control their movements!

My boy is now 2.5yo, I'm slowly teaching him how to swim. Start with blowing bubbles. Only mouth & nose in water, eyes still above water & he likes to see the bubbles!

Then I let him lie on the float board & I'll hold his legs to teach him to kick.

Even when we are not in the pool (sometimes watching tv at home), I'll ask him to lie on a huge cushion with his legs dangling in the air n make him kick kick kick! Sometimes he was DVD got some children swimming, he'll learn the strokes as well (mostly is breast stroke).

I'll only let him attend proper lessons at around 4-5yo to get his certifications. Hope he can get Gold Star by P3 like me & my bro :)

uddermummy

Actually you should attend the trial lessons first.

I did and I really found it fun, but not worth the fees & the hassle to go all the way to suntec for lessons.

All they do is the parents hold the baby & 'dance' to the music. Cos at 8mths, they dont know how to blow bubbles, dont know how to control their movements!

My boy is now 2.5yo, I'm slowly teaching him how to swim. Start with blowing bubbles. Only mouth & nose in water, eyes still above water & he likes to see the bubbles!

Then I let him lie on the float board & I'll hold his legs to teach him to kick.

Even when we are not in the pool (sometimes watching tv at home), I'll ask him to lie on a huge cushion with his legs dangling in the air and make him kick kick kick! Sometimes he was DVD got some children swimming, he'll learn the strokes as well (mostly is breast stroke).

I'll only let him attend proper lessons at around 4-5yo to get his certifications. Hope he can get Gold Star by P3 like me & my bro :)
idea! yeah, should try out the aquaducks trial first. I accompanied my bro and sis in law to the swimfast ones. They looked quite fun, but act all the babies do is play in the water.