swollen ankle

anyone has no swollen ankle during pregnancy BUT after giving birth??
today is my 5th day after delivery and found my ankles to be swollen.
anything can be done to reduce it??

CanCanMum

i had it during and after pregnancy

Is yours very serious?

If its slight swollen like water retention during pregnancy, u can try propping up yr legs on a stool when u r seated.

might be sitting for too long i guess.

i had it during and after pregnancy

Is yours very serious?

If its slight swollen like water retention during pregnancy, you can try propping up your legs on a stool when you are seated.

might be sitting for too long i guess.
cancanmum, i'm not sure if it's serious or not cos i haven't see a doctor, do i need to? it doesn't really bother me or affecting my activities so i guess it's not serious yet?

will it go away on it's own?? did you do anything to cure it??

thank u..

wida

Goin to be my 5th mth and Ive start to hav water retention. My legs n hands starts to swell. How to reduce it??

diymummy

Hi Wida, swollen feet and ankles too soon is not very good.

Try to prop your legs up, even slightly is good.

Reduce your sodium intake. Drink more fluids.

You might want to get your gynae to check your blood pressure.

CanCanMum

wida babe

i was oso like u, got swollen ankles

firstly i walked alot, and i traveled at 20weeks (aka 5months) so my water retention got so bad tat i canx walk after i touched down lols

always REM to prop yr legs up. Will help a lot

oso wear loose fittings shoes like those sports sandals, i find them especially comfy coz it has tat rubber cushion pad and it has FRICTION, wonx slip and fall on rainy days, avoid squeezing yr feet into tight fitting shoes or those with slight heels.

rosita

Goin to be my 5th month and Ive start to hav water retention. My legs n hands starts to swell. How to reduce it??
Hi wida,
Try to put your legs on top the pillow when you r sleeping.you can have a massage also to reduce water retention.
Take care