Talking to your little one...

Ivy Miao

Hi mummies... Do you talk to your baby when they're inside you?? I feel so weird talking to my tummy... :shyxxx:

cui_er

Hi, think we're encouraged to do it so baby will recognise our voice when it's out in the real world. But I didn't really, cos i also felt weird talking to own tummy, haha.

nsync_su

I used to sing some slow songs to my daughter when she was in me. It makes her calm but when i stopped singing, she will start kicking. So, i did talked to her and sing to her. Now im pregnant with my lil boy, i still talks to him. He will reacts when i talk to him. U should try. :)

Verona's

Hubby & i did talk to her , when i think of it , we actually doing silly things to baby/tummy haha ! Starting to coax her hope she will come out soon as mummy & daddy want to play with her :D

yes yes - i did so.. talk + sing + read.. amazingly you will find that baby is able to recognize ur voice and hubby's voice.. give it a try :)

diymummy

I also felt weird talking to my tummy. So I sang instead.

Hubby and I always sang the same song to ds when he was still in the tummy. When he was born, whenever he feel flustered, we would sing the song we sang when he was still inside. It works. He would calm down.

Phoebii Cheng

Mostly I will read & talk to my son, while he was still in my tummy.........:tlaugh: dun really sing, cos' hmm ....

it will feel a bit weird at first talking to my own tummy, but as time passes it feels natural instead

WinnieL

I read stories, play music, and sometimes sing to her. Sometimes when she kicks, I'll talk to her gently and ask her what's up. And I always assure her that mommy & daddy love her, especially when I get into a cranky mood, cos it can affect her as well. Or sometimes, when I'm in the train and don't want to look silly talking to my tummy, I just gently tap my tummy.

iwan2noe

Hi mummies... Do you talk to your baby when they're inside you?? I feel so weird talking to my tummy... :shyxxx:
Hi,

I talk to my gal from wk 16 onwards i think until now.. It is very amazing..she will recognise who is papa and who is mama.. v cute..she knows that papa will play with her so when he talk to her, she has more reactions.. sometimes when she is too active, i will tell her that i am gg to sleep alr as i am working tmr, dun disturb me, most of the time she will listen and stop moving so much..

i sing to her every night b4 i sleep and this is an indication that she have to sleep also.. hehe...v cute... but lately she is v active at night..moves alot alot until also affect my sleep..

i also talk and tap her when she suddenly gets 'very excited' hahaha

it is v cute one..u must try talking to her and when she obeys u, u will feel so good! and i agree that now that we talk to her, later when she is born, she will also listen to u and recognise u :)

AWww!~ it is really a v loving act i think .. a bonding with ur unborn child b4 they greet u and u hold them in ur arms...

xlan

when did you start talking to baby?

i'm only 9weeks now.. but as soon as i found out the little life inside me.. i keep talking to "myself" or most of the time i just gently caress my stomach n start "talking" in my mind.. things like "bb.. you must be strong n brave.. hold on tight to mummy" etc.. hehehee.. i know scientifically proven that baby only starts feeling/hearing around week20... but sometimes when i feel slight cramp on the pelvic or stomach area.. i'll start talking in my mind n the cramp will be gone.. dont know is it just 心理作用.. hahahaa.. :shyxxx:

diymummy

Don't think it's ever too early to start talking to your baby. :)

I started singing to him ever since I knew I was pregnant. It's just an act of love. The other intellectual development stuff that we read abt is just a bonus.

iwan2noe

dont't think it's ever too early to start talking to your baby. :)

I started singing to him ever since I knew I was pregnant. It's just an act of love. The other intellectual development stuff that we read about is just a bonus.
Agree with you totally! :)

Verona's

Haha yeah it will never be early ,
today i feel no movement of baby when i am awake & was so panic quickly went to eat & stuffs thinking that baby is hungry . She did move a lil but when hubby came back she was so active ! So i believed she missed daddy's voice & already recognized daddy's voice :)

Ivy Miao

when did you start talking to baby?

i'm only 9weeks now.. but as soon as i found out the little life inside me.. i keep talking to "myself" or most of the time i just gently caress my stomach n start "talking" in my mind.. things like "baby.. you must be strong n brave.. hold on tight to mummy" etc.. hehehee.. i know scientifically proven that baby only starts feeling/hearing around week20... but sometimes when i feel slight cramp on the pelvic or stomach area.. i'll start talking in my mind n the cramp will be gone.. dont know is it just 心理作用.. hahahaa.. :shyxxx:
Hi there, I do that when I was in early pregnancy. I would 'talk' in my mind too.. Asking my little one to be strong and be healthy. They say the first few months, fetus not really stable. So I would often "tell" him (In my mind) to hang in there. Daddy and mummy loves you... :wong19: I felt talking in my mind to my little one does works! Oh! And realise, gentle tapping does wakes little one up?? :brolleyes:

xicloudix

I do talk to my baby... sometimes even scold him coz he keep kicking and i can't slp at all!.. haha...

Sometimes ask him to eat more, so can grow more coz doc scared he not gaining enough weight at a point of time... and during the next appointment, his weight gain is normal... dun know he really know how to listen or not haha

What songs do you sing to ur baby??

Phoebii Cheng

I do talk to my baby... sometimes even scold him coz he keep kicking and i can't sleep at all!.. haha...

Sometimes ask him to eat more, so can grow more coz doc scared he not gaining enough weight at a point of time... and during the next appointment, his weight gain is normal... dont know he really know how to listen or not haha

What songs do you sing to your baby??
Those kiddy songs like twinkle little star, mary had a little lamb so on....

Verona's

Hi there, I do that when I was in early pregnancy. I would 'talk' in my mind too.. Asking my little one to be strong and be healthy. They say the first few months, fetus not really stable. So I would often "tell" him (In my mind) to hang in there. Daddy and mummy loves you... :wong19: I felt talking in my mind to my little one does works! Oh! And realise, gentle tapping does wakes little one up?? :brolleyes:
Nowadays i would be quite afraid if baby doesn't move much in the morning because she usually does , i try tapping but she still very "sleepy" so i think my baby is a deep sleeper ? haha ! I would be a lil rough , i shaked or poked her softly as her body parts is everywhere now :D