Tara @ JP- playgroup

megtan

Went for trial class at Playdays yesterday, 9.30am to 11am. Started with free play for about 20 mins, basically the toddlers just play with the toys by themselves and get comfortable. Then, followed by circle time (intro and some songs). Next is some water colour play, followed by water play (change into swimwear and go to outdoor area where there is big inflatable tub). Next, snack time each toddler given one rice biscuit, some cubes of watermelon and dried fruit. Finally, song and dance to end off.

Dear son was happy during the free play, circle time was quite ok. He loves the water colour play and water play. Hardly ate any snack though coz not hungry I think. But by the song and dance he was tired and cranky already coz 10.30am is his usual nap time.

Overall, the school is airy, spacious and clean and teachers very friendly.

Still have not decided whether to join coz water play and outdoor play is only once a term each and 1.5hr could be too long for him at this point. The school is also not that convenient, no bus and a long distance to walk in from sunset way.

As for Tara @ Jurong Point, received a call from them to say that there's a preview class this Sat morning. When I saw the brochure, it's for 18 month above. But the in-charged says I can try my son. I'm just thinking whether it will be suitable or not. Don't want to join a class where it's too advance for dear son.

huiyin87

Megtan: maybe u would like to cum for trial class tmr n c whether ur child likes it? No harm trying out ma! I went for e 1st class of Tara today! Was very satisfied with it, previously my boy refuse to attend playgroup from dowell n aso little skool house, so had to withdraw him.. Was kinda surprised that he actually enjoy school today, guess e teachers were interactive enough n e environment is fun. I only accompanied him for half hour, and after that, ds was fine with himself!

megtan

Hi Huiyin,
How old is your son? You actually signed up already or just went for trial?
Which day is your class and what time?

huiyin87

megtan: my boy is 20mths now.. i haven sign up yet, cause i told them i cant be sure if my boy will adapt to this playgroup, so they told me to come and try out first..
they only have one class now which is from 9-11am from mon-fri.. maybe you can call them and tell them you would like to let your boy come and have a feel first before you decide whether to enrol anot..
by the way, are you staying near JP?

mummypooh: actually they dont have trial class de, but you can call and inform that you would like to see how the class is like, so can bring your boy down to play play also..

Triquetra

They have a trial this sat but I cannot make it :(

I don't stay within walking distance to Jurong Point so it will be very hectic to bring my daughter to the playgroup every weekday for just 2 hours -.-"

rex

yes.. i'm stayin at boon lay dr.. 2 stops to jp.. wanted to get more info b4 goin down to tk a look.. my baby is nw 24mths already..

Last edited:

huiyin87

fisherman's frien: so have u brgt u child down?

rex: hmm.. i would say its much better now than when it just started.. everything is more in place.. if u really interested, u may bring ur child down for a trial class and then decide if u wana enrol ur child in de.. so far, my boy has been dere since mid feb and i m very statisfied with his progress, learning and enjoying well, most impt is i like the teachers there too =)

I just brought my girl down today and she loves it!! Initially she was quite attached to me, but after a while, she opened up to the teachers there and had a great time with them, didnt even wana go home and said bye to me! lol

I'll be gg again tomolo as the Principal asked me to bring her for the morning class to let her interact with the other kids, im so looking forward to it!!

huiyin87

oh.. so u mean u went for the 2nd class? my boy is in e morning class too! i m only gg down on fri coz i am working morning shift till thurs lo... nice to meet new friends!! =))

ewcp

Hi everyone,

May I know what are cover in the lessons?
Do they introduce phonics?

Mommies,
What do you think about the class?

I pass by the school, love the full glass view of the classroom.
I'm a bit kiasu, now start to look out playgroup school for my baby to start in Jan yr! But if the school can accept 1 yr old, I will send her to the playgroup.
As this is a pretty new school, can I have some feedback?

Many thanks

cychang33

I keen to go Tara@JP and will go for trial class...maybe will be Jul start class...My son is 16 months now...

Not sure whether this is nice PG or not...