Teething...fever...?

Girafee

hi, all,

My baby is going into his 7th mth, recently he falls sick quite frequently, usually will have slight fever around 37.6 - 38 for 3- 4 days. We suspect that is because he is is having teething period. But we are not sure is that Ok to give him the paracedamol whenever he has fever or we just let him be?

usually the teething period will last for how long? if 1-2 mths, means baby will have fever on and off during the month?

plse advise. A bit worry to see baby have fever out of nothing.

Phoebii Cheng

hi, all,

My baby is going into his 7th month, recently he falls sick quite frequently, usually will have slight fever around 37.6 - 38 for 3- 4 days. We suspect that is because he is is having teething period. But we are not sure is that Ok to give him the paracedamol whenever he has fever or we just let him be?

usually the teething period will last for how long? if 1-2 mths, means baby will have fever on and off during the month?

plse advise. A bit worry to see baby have fever out of nothing.
Hi Girafee,

If your bb has a fever, it is advisable to give him paracetamol when it hits 38 degree.....and you can sponge him every half an hour to cool him, but when it is 39 degree and above, it is advisable to give him the bullet as it will bring his temp down

Dun really know how long is the teething period though.....but for my son, he oso often has fever before he was one, but you can also boil some china barley water or chrisanthemum for him to drink

Oh btw, if ur bb is teething right? another way to confirm is to see his pooh, whether he poohs a lot in the day and his pooh has white spots in it........

babylover

Hi, my girl is 8.5 months and now then she's teething, but she's got no fever except she refuse her meal and just get cranky, insist on breastfeeding. is this the symptom of teething period also?

diymummy

If your baby has fever, do feed paracetamol. It not just brings down the fever but also offers some form of pain relief.

You might also want to consider using teething gel to ease the pain.

Teething can last a while. For my boy it's on and off. Then after 1-2 mths then we will see the teeth.