Teething?

snowbear

Hi, my DD is 9 months old and has no visible teeth yet. Her appetite for semi-solid food has gone haywire since Saturday. She'd only eat a few spoons of food then rub her face irritably and chomp on her fingers. She used to eat 3 small meals a day but now she's like eating only half the amount each time at best. Fortunately she still loves to snack on egg yolk (1 a day). I'm suspecting that she may be teething. Anyone experienced decreased appetite when bb's teething?

Last edited:

Lotus

Sounds like teething.

From his first tooth at about 8 months until now (almost 2) my son always starts to put his fingers in mouth and has loss of appetite when teething. He usually gets like this before I can even see any whites on his gums. For him after about 5 - 7 days he goes back to normal eating habits.

Phoebii Cheng

Yup

sounds like it....when my son teething oso, he likes to put hand in mouth and always drool....appetite oso decrease

I m suspecting tht my son is teething again, cos recently he keep on drooling a lot and like to bite things, esp me......:embarrassed:

snowbear

ok, i'm hoping that her appetite will go back to normal soon. So demoralising: every time have to throw away the food i prepared for her coz she'd only eat a few mouths then eat her fingers instead. She's so scrawny already, i'm afraid she mt lose weight!

Oppsgal

Yup

sounds like it....when my son teething oso, he likes to put hand in mouth and always drool....appetite oso decrease

I m suspecting tht my son is teething again, cos recently he keep on drooling a lot and like to bite things, esp me......:embarrassed:
My bb also drool. But only 2mths. So long no see any teeth. Probably because play with saliva till drool.

bbaloysius

my son also been putting his fingers & drooling alot nowadays..really teething? or is this a norm for babies huh??

snowbear

My DD is down with flu now. Maybe that's why she's not eating well also. Dr just prescribed appetitizer to make her eat more. Haha. Hope it works though...

autumn82

Latest news!!

Iggy sprouting 2 lower teeth~ Can @@ & feel the sharpness... Hee. But just tiny winey bit of white now..

pureline

I think so, my baby girl is 10 mths old with 2 teeths at the top and bottom, but even now she like to put her finger into her mouth

annie

actually 4mths teething not very early leh. my girl also.. she 4.5mths both lower teeth very obvious liao(or rather fully grown?) hehe. then 6.5mths 2 top teeth almost fully grown.. then at 9.5mths she has another 4 teething on the way out... total 8 teeth by now 10mths

Ting

i cant rmb when pin started her teething.
but i rmbered b4 her full set of teeth is out, its soooo cute with 2-4 teeth only!!!