Termination of pregancy at 14wks.....

Hi all,

I dunno if this topic is appropriate here but i would like to share my exp with all of you.

I'm 24 this yr recently jus had a termination done at NUH @ 14wks old.
It was a tough decision at first because i had wanted to keep the baby but bf didnt want as he jus started on a new job and our r/s wasnt tat stable anymore. He jus told me straight that he dunno am i gonna be the one for him. duhzzz after 3 yrs of r/s.

On the day went for ward admission, had to be induced 4 times by this med inserted to give birth to the baby. Was a painful exp. I was in pain for 12hrs b4 the baby came out. And somemore was a baby boy.

Personally after the termination i had regretted my decision because i was not strong willed enough to carry on my life as a single mum. So if you have frens or relatives or ppl u know who r going through the same situation, pls ask them to consider the options carefully as abortion should be the last thing on their minds.

I should have hold on to my choice and gave birth and raise my baby by myself. This will be a lesson to all you guys out there who r considering abortion as a option.

shopaholic

I think the most important thing now is to build up your health. What's done cannot be undone, do learn from this lesson and never ever repeat it again.

Take care.

CanCanMum

wad an irresponsible guy!!!

such man shouldnt even exist in this world man.......ask him dun go fooling around! Hate such pple!

its not easy to raise a kid single-handedly....u may regret your decision but.....wad to do?

take care of yourself and do be more careful during your next relationship....its imp to get a trustworthy man to entrust your whole life on.

wish u all the best.....

Catty

Hi,

Actually i've been through the same things as you when i was only 18 yrs old, got to induced to give birth in order to terminate the pregnancy, also a baby boy too..

But for me, i didn't regret the decision i've made as at that point of time i got no family support to help me in raising the child, furthermore he's serving NS, even though i did not regret my decision but no matter how i did feel very down and sad for that whole period of time, now life to me is like everything afresh and good as i've left those irresponsible guys.

We should protect ourself and find a right guy who willing to start a family with u. Take care..

Thanks for the advise. Am feeling sad that i gotta let go. And also i'm lactating now which i found on the internet it's normal. Jus dunno how long tis will go away cos my breast are quite engorged and painful. Quite often the milk will jus flow out by itself w/o me squeezing them. Haiz...

CanCanMum

dear applebreeze,

theres a kind of medicine to take to drain off breast milk, not sure if GP has it. U can approach any reliable ones near your home or get them to recommend where to get it.

my mum said she took it last time coz she din want to bf us. (1970s)

other than that you will need to take good care of your health so tat u can prepare yourself when you wanna start a family next time.

i have done that jus last yr, also at 14 weeks. my process takes 2 days before the fetous finally came out. i didnt even look at the child. for me, the child is innocent, but have to do so as doctor say that there's a chance that is down syndrome and moreover my family ain't supportive.

after more then a yr, ive gotten over it. guess regret is definitely there, but u will haf to go thru it. it took me nearly a yr to get out of that & depression. and now im happily pregnant again at 8 weeks.

take good care of ur health :)

bornwlove

Hi all,

I dunno if this topic is appropriate here but i would like to share my exp with all of you.

I'm 24 this yr recently jus had a termination done at NUH @ 14wks old.
It was a tough decision at first because i had wanted to keep the baby but bf didnt want as he jus started on a new job and our r/s wasnt tat stable anymore. He jus told me straight that he dunno am i gonna be the one for him. duhzzz after 3 yrs of r/s.

On the day went for ward admission, had to be induced 4 times by this med inserted to give birth to the baby. Was a painful exp. I was in pain for 12hrs b4 the baby came out. And somemore was a baby boy.

Personally after the termination i had regretted my decision because i was not strong willed enough to carry on my life as a single mum. So if you have frens or relatives or ppl u know who r going through the same situation, pls ask them to consider the options carefully as abortion should be the last thing on their minds.

I should have hold on to my choice and gave birth and raise my baby by myself. This will be a lesson to all you guys out there who r considering abortion as a option.
You may feel bad physically and mentally now but it maybe for the better... in the long run. It takes courage, nonetheless, to terminate. Take care and hope you feel better soon.

hnfarin

Sorry but had to say that your boyfriend is not matured and don't love u enough. Guys always like to have fun and forget about the cnsiquence, at least u can get to know why he use "job" to give as an excuse to be irresponsible. Beware of this type of guy, although 3 yrs le but u don't know man always don't care how many years they have been, we woman need youth, they don't. Good that u've done it also coz imagine if the guy don't want you, u are more stuck, u get what i mean? I know u will feel sad as I've been thru it b4 too, but as long as ur love to the kid is there, he will forgive u.

Tks for all of ya advise. Would like to ask those who has done this procedure before, aft the abortion is done, how long did the bleeding or should i say menses last? I had mine on the 16 Dec til now there is still blood. Which is lighter now. Jus wanna find out is this normal cos mine last 2 wks plus liao. Pls advice. I cant go to a doc yet cos waiting for money to come in first. Breast milk part alrdy very very little now. No more engorgement. If i dont take anything to make it go away, it'll jus gradually no more rite?

January84

hI applebreeze, heard from my friend that her's last about 3-4 weeks = confinement.
U also need to take tonic stuff to build up your health.

as long as ther is no continous pump/latch, the milk flow will stop eventually, not to worry..

estherlin

hey u got to move on, but this painful lesson will remind u to spread the love to others who have is gg thru wat u had and not much of strong willed. U can save others child too.

Most impt is to build ur health up.