Thawing of food cubes

Carol

Refrigerator thawing , microwave thawing and submersion thawing . Which method actually works best ?

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I usually microwave... unless I'm feeding porridge. Then I'd heat that up first - to boiling point - then pop the food cubes in to cool things down. :)

I've no patience for refridgerator thawing and I don't think that far in advance anyway. Sigh.

stonston

I don't thaw...straight away steam, then wait for it to cool down n serve....

if u thaw until soft, u MUST heat until it is boiling hot, let it cool then serve....

Mum2Matty

Refrigerator thawing meaning that you store the food into icecubes isit ? Or what ?
it means that you remove the frozen puree from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge.

usually after puree are frozen in the ice cube tray.. i'll transfer all of them into zip lock bags. and only take one or two cubes out for thawing.

Carol

I don't thaw...straight away steam, then wait for it to cool down n serve....

if u thaw until soft, u MUST heat until it is boiling hot, let it cool then serve....
Uh oh . I didnt steam . I just submerge it in a bowl of boiling hot water .

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Not true... if you thaw the food hygenically... you don't have to heat it up again!

**Please keep in mind that reheating baby food cubes is NOT necessary. Baby food cubes may be served at room temperature once they have been thawed! Many babies enjoy room temperature foods!

stonston

Not true... if you thaw the food hygenically... you don't have to heat it up again!
actualli, i'm not worried if u thaw hygienically...i'm more worried abt wot happen to e food BEFORE u store....cos alot of pple wait for food to cool (chance for bacteria growth), then put into container then into freezer....

it should be transfer to container while piping hot, then quickly cover n put into freezer....alot of pple dun understand e importance of storing it while hot....

n 1 more thing, these recd r made by ang mohs, their weather n humidity is totalli different fm Singapore....our weather n humidity makes food spoil VERY FAST....
n food poisoning in babies is very serious...u can choose to take the risk, but dun blame the internet for not telling u tt u need to heat up ur baby's food until hot to kill bacteria lor....

Carol

I tried the steaming method . I think it's much better . It definately looks more appetizing . Lol .