The 1st REAL menses after delivery bleeding

LoVeS

Normally after delivery we will be having bleeding which is the lochia~ So when the lochia finish after a couple of wks, the 1st REAL menses will come n tats my question coming.

I would like to knw frm mummies, for ur 1st REAL menses is it very heavy?? Do u need to change tampon like every 1hr or change pad every 1-2hrs so often??

Bcoz currently my menses finally came as my lochia finished during July which until now then come back BUT my menses r really so heavy which kinda make me worry is it normal or is it juz me who is having very heavy menses?

Ting

u were BF-ing? if not why so long then come back?
for me, mine was normal menses after the lochia.

jasobias

Normally after delivery we will be having bleeding which is the lochia~ So when the lochia finish after a couple of wks, the 1st REAL menses will come and tats my question coming.

I would like to knw frm mummies, for your 1st REAL menses is it very heavy?? Do you need to change tampon like every 1hr or change pad every 1-2hrs so often??

Bcoz currently my menses finally came as my lochia finished during July which until now then come back BUT my menses are really so heavy which kinda make me worry is it normal or is it just me who is having very heavy menses?
ya i got period 6 weeks after delivery n been 5 days n flow still heavy n clotty n cramps quite bad..been taking painkillers or cant function!!:err:

kenxf_03

Mine also considered heavy and it last for 7 days. Tot I'm cleaned already but came some spotting after 1 or 2 days again. I need to chg my pad ard 2 to 3hrs..

Gave birth on labour day 09.
Mine menses came about end june.
Was kind of heavy for first 3 days, den become little. total normal cycle about 7 days.
Then next came in mid august.

stonston

I was breastfeeding, so my real menses only came when my boy was 9mths old. Due to long period of absence, the flow was quite heavy for a week.

LoVeS

My flow wasn't particularly heavy. Is your flow heavy everyday? How many days does your period last?
My menses started on Mon till now havent finish so i haf no idea how many days it will be~ I used to use tampon during menses BUT bcoz of the flow is really so heavy tat my regular o.b tampon cant even last for 1.5hrs at all SO end up haf to keep using NIGHTUSE pads for Mon n Tue as the flow is too much~ As for today the pad can last at least 2-3hrs~

LoVeS

ya i got period 6 weeks after delivery and been 5 days and flow still heavy and clotty and cramps quite bad..been taking painkillers or cant function!!:err:
Eh....i dun mean lochia~ Lochia is the bleeding after delivery~ Wat i mean is menses tat comes few wks later when LOCHIA finished~

LoVeS

Gave birth on labour day 09.
Mine menses came about end june.
Was kind of heavy for first 3 days, then become little. total normal cycle about 7 days.
Then next came in mid august.
same here ~ i gave birth on labour day 09 too but my menses dragged very long then came~

For ur kinda heavy for 1st 3days, how often do u need to change ur pad b4 it overflow frm the pad?

LoVeS

I was breastfeeding, so my real menses only came when my boy was 9mths old. Due to long period of absence, the flow was quite heavy for a week.
Is it really true tat long period menses dun come then when the menses come it will be VERY heavy? My mom was telling me it was bcoz so long nv come so once in a shot come alot/heavy as my daughter is 4mth old then my menses come even though i didnt BF~

is about 4-5 hrs then i change.. Cus was busy during work..
but the whole thing is full until max that kind..

I suppose the whole menses cycle will become rather chaotic bah..
Cus mine doesn't go back normal cycle..
So thinking to get pills to regulate it..

Going back gynae next wk or so..to ask her..

sugarcookie

My menses started on Mon till now havent finish so i have no idea how many days it will be~ I used to use tampon during menses BUT bcoz of the flow is really so heavy that my regular o.b tampon cant even last for 1.5hrs at all SO end up have to keep using NIGHTUSE pads for Mon and Tue as the flow is too much~ As for today the pad can last at least 2-3hrs~
If your tampon can't even last for 1.5hours, then the flow is indeed abnormally heavy. Is the flow lessening? If the flow is becoming less, then I would think there is nothing to worry about. But if it doesn't seem to be visibly getting lesser, or you are feeling lightheaded/weak/out-of-sorts, quickly inform your gynae to rule out other causes.

wenz

i would like to ask, for normal delivery, after the lochia stopped, when did your 1st real menses come?

i delivered in June, now baby is 2months + old and my lochia stopped on week 6 after delivery but my menses is not here yet...

zaheerMaMa

Hey, me too. Delivered at end March, but till no sign of my menses yet. Was on bf till end July and did check wif my gynae end June but was informed by him that this is normal especially when the mummy is on bf.

But now I've stopped bf, wonder when my real menses will come..got abit of worried. Will check it out wif my gynae soon.

Any1 with this situation?

i was normal delivery on may 1st.. Bleeding after give birth is about 3wks..
Then real menses came 7wks after birth, end of june..

LoVeS

If your tampon can't even last for 1.5hours, then the flow is indeed abnormally heavy. Is the flow lessening? If the flow is becoming less, then I would think there is nothing to worry about. But if it doesn't seem to be visibly getting lesser, or you are feeling lightheaded/weak/out-of-sorts, quickly inform your gynae to rule out other causes.
ya it ended on the 4th day but 5th day start bleeding again till the nxt day n everything is over~

Ya i find it really so heavy the flow~ I nv had such heavy flow menses b4 EVEN after i gave birth to #1 aso nt as heavy as few days back~