The dangers of baby oil

CynCyn

So Johnson and Johnson's baby oil is dangerous ? How about Ru Yi oil ?

What other baby oils to avoid ?

Last edited:

SunShine07

oh my god.....i give my ds ru yi you also every bath.....somemore at times he will always put the bottle into his mouth....siao liao, i better stop giving him

autumn82

Omg... That's scary... When I bring DS for swims, after tt the aunties at Hwa Xia will massage him with JJ baby oil somemore.. Then DS loves sucking his thumbs wor.. *faintz*

Oh ya, how abt Ruyi oil? Breath in also dangerous?? Or only if they consume...?

the thing is all oils or baby products are manufactured from chemicals. as mommies, we need to always be aware tt most bb products ARE chemically enhanced. even toys! remember the china-made fisher price toys with excessive lead? *sigh*

so we all need to be extra careful.

chuaeil

should be as long as they dont consume, this is what i understand cos they said ingested. Ingested means To take into the body by the mouth for digestion or absorption. So now whenever i apply the oil i will prevent her to put her hand in her mouth before i put the mitten.

callieseah

I am used to put 2 drops of J&J baby oil in my DD's bath tub since she was 1 mth old cos her skin is pretty dry. I must stop doing that now. She likes to lick her fingers all the time. Why now then got such report? This product has been ard for "donkey" years. And general advice for bb's dry skin is to put the oil in water during bath, besides rubbing on bb's body... :(

daberdew

Zzzz..... seems nothing is safe nowadays...

I dun use baby oil but ru yi oil is everyday after bb's bath. Should be ok?:err:

chuaeil

you are welcome cyncyn. I also apply ru yi oil everyday, should be ok. just dont let your bb put it in their mouth ba. Have to be careful now adays.

stonston

Why not use ORGANIC edible olive oil for massage instead? No worries if baby licks fingers after that :)

I'm considering buying a big bottle to split up and share. $8 for 30ml after sharing. 1 big bottle can get around 10 small bottles.

jaclyn13

my bb use johnson baby oil the pink color cap on his head for 13daes n his hairs drop the area tat i apply. i use becos my bb head got hair scalp. nd to remove it but i accidentaly use the wrong oil. shld be white cap not pink cap. but my relatives say even if use wrong oil, shldnt hve drop so much hair, as pink cap is for after bath apply on body de while the white cap is for hair. i didnt realise until the 13daes, i flush the bath water n saw alot of hairs..then i see the instruction then i noe i use wrong type. i told is the same..as the bottle look the same execpt the cap color. i use white cap at my husband's hse, while the pink cap at my dad's hse. i stay two places..