The road to breastfeeding

stonston

uddermummy, i'm v fierce at home so my parents dun dare to make any comments tt will make me angry. cos when i'm angry they all kena from me. my bro and dad jus learn tt breastfeeding is part and parcel of bringing up a baby healtily lor. thankfully my bro's good fren also breastfed her son for 2yrs and she also jus do it in public in full view of everyone :)

during pregnancy u gotta educate them and prepare them :)

uddermummy

my family not as patient! I tried to tell them what i've learnt but even husband turned a deaf ear!

The best part is that his family always thinks that i'm starving my dd! Hello, I've been bfing for 3 mths already and dd is thriving!

They always make comments like she's small, short, etc....

stonston

to my hb it's FREE MILK, so he dun realli care. din stress me to bf, he left the choice to me. and since i wanted to bf, he was supportive by helping me wash n sterilise n set up equipment, go shopping to see which pump is the best.

to some men, they dun see the benefits. jus tell him it's FREE MILK, help them save money then they will keep quiet already :p

uddermummy

to my husband it's FREE MILK, so he dont really care. did not stress me to bf, he left the choice to me. and since i wanted to bf, he was supportive by helping me wash and sterilise and set up equipment, go shopping to see which pump is the best.

to some men, they dont see the benefits. just tell him it's FREE MILK, help them save money then they will keep quiet already :p
haha.

my husband prob like the idea of it being free. what i can't understand is why his family is still so anti bf. i think it's because they think that i've got small breasts and won't have good milk, so no matter how much weight bb have put on, it doesn't register.

stonston

no one's breasts can be smaller than mine. it's like non-existent! hahaha!
but when bf it's so huge, so hb like it!

my mum also shocked tt my puny breasts can produce so much milk.
i told her free milk, can save alot so jus feed. :p

uddermummy

wah, you v lucky leh!

before pregnancy, i was aa size. During preg and now, upgrade to only a size.

At first i was so worried that i won't be able to bf cos my breasts didn't seem to get bigger. But thank goodness the milk came in on the third day or i would have been v discouraged!

hmm, got wonderbras for nursing or not? maybe next time i visit family, i will wear the wonderbra and push my breasts up and out, so that they will stop talking abt dd's weight and size and talk about my breasts instead!

hahaha

serenelm

hahaha, uddermummy, u're so cute... wonderbras indeed :)

sometimes i feel tat it's easier to bf baby in front of strangers rather than family/frens... i dun mind bf at foodcourts/restaurants etc but if bf in front of frens/family, i'm sometimes hesitant cos dunno whether they'll feel uncomfortable...

sigh, tis Sat got dh's fren's wedding dinner to attend... bringing baby along... since i'm quite familiar wif his frens, will likely sneak out to bf instead of bf at the table (which i would do wif a nursing shawl if i were seated wif strangers)... maybe it's juz me, paiseh lah...

snowbear

wah, you very lucky !

before pregnancy, i was aa size. During preg and now, upgrade to only a size.

At first i was so worried that i won't be able to bf cos my breasts didn't seem to get bigger. But thank goodness the milk came in on the third day or i would have been very discouraged!

hmm, got wonderbras for nursing or not? maybe next time i visit family, i will wear the wonderbra and push my breasts up and out, so that they will stop talking about dear daughter's weight and size and talk about my breasts instead!

hahaha
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

uddermummy

hahaha, uddermummy, you're so cute... wonderbras indeed :)

sometimes i feel that it's easier to bf baby in front of strangers rather than family/friends... i dont mind bf at foodcourts/restaurants etc but if bf in front of friends/family, i'm sometimes hesitant cos dont know whether they'll feel uncomfortable...

sigh, tis Sat got dear husband's friend's wedding dinner to attend... bringing baby along... since i'm quite familiar with his friends, will likely sneak out to bf instead of bf at the table (which i would do with a nursing shawl if i were seated with strangers)... maybe it's just me, paiseh ...
hmmm, i wish i'm good enuf to bf in front of strangers. but bb and i both v short sighted, and always need a lot of light and adjustment to get the latch right.

I guess i'm stuck to the bf rooms!

stonston

uddermum, it takes alot of practice to latch without looking. dun worry :) jus keep latching and u'll get it!

my boy onli started latching at 3weeks. i onli started to become 'quick and swift' at latching when he was ard 6weeks old.

uddermummy

uddermum, it takes alot of practice to latch without looking. dont worry :) just keep latching and you'll get it!

my boy onli started latching at 3weeks. i onli started to become 'quick and swift' at latching when he was around 6weeks old.
6 wks is good! i'm now at 3 mths and i still need to look down at bb to make sure she's latching correctly!

snowbear

6 wks is good! i'm now at 3 mths and i still need to look down at baby to make sure she's latching correctly!
dun worry... after awhile, they'll go on auto latch mode. My dd even tries to "help" me by tugging at my bra when i'm trying to unclasp it... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

uddermummy

dont worry... after awhile, they'll go on auto latch mode. My dear daughter even tries to "help" me by tugging at my bra when i'm trying to unclasp it... :tlaugh::tlaugh:
so cute!!! my dd just gets v excited when she knows i;m going to latch her, and her hands and legs will be all over the place!!!