Thomson hospital bill size?????

Rukia

Maternity pads are chargeable ?? Thomson become one of the commercial hospital nowadays !!
Ya that was what i heard. My fren told me that the cotton balls, cord sprirt for baby are chargeable as well. But baby stuff abit difficult to bring my own since they are at nursery. Anyone knows what else that are chargeable for mummy?

Dilys

Ya that was what i heard. My fren told me that the cotton balls, cord sprirt for baby are chargeable as well. But baby stuff abit difficult to bring my own since they are at nursery. Anyone knows what else that are chargeable for mummy?
Omg!! But I think the sum is not that much!

even the hand santizier is being charged...
the antiseptic solution for mummy too...

I will say almost everything you use is chargeable....

you can bring along your maternity pad. the nurse will ask you if you brought your own.

panties for mummy costs $5 per pc, if I din rmb wrongly....
but its very comfortable...this one worth buying...

I just discharged on 17feb... :)
nvd with epidural...

Ivy Miao

Government shld just give us free stay in hospital since they encourage us to give birth... 4k for bb bonus, not enough.. Buying bb products, their jabs, it's abt 4k lo..

hi dumbocarebear, so how was your bill like ? cash paid upfront was? delivered by Dr Lawrence Ang?
i paid deposit of $1200 for hospital upon admission and $600 deposit for doc fee at my last few visit.
mine is Dr LN Sim

total cash paid upon discharge for mummy and baby is $588.
cpf deduction in total is about $2700...

ast0212

Government shld just give us free stay in hospital since they encourage us to give birth... 4k for bb bonus, not enough.. Buying bb products, their jabs, it's abt 4k lo..
Yeah having babies shouldn't cost so much! It's free in Australia for hospital stay if you go with public hospital. I just gave birth to my daughter on Monday at the Family Birth Centre (public) and the care and support they gave us there antenatal, during labour/birth and postnatal is amazing! I'm definitely going there for our next baby. I didn't have to pay a single cent. Here they pay us to immunise our children too hahaha...

However, I'm not sure if making it free will encourage people to have more children! :p

Dilys

Yeah having babies shouldn't cost so much! It's free in Australia for hospital stay if you go with public hospital. I just gave birth to my daughter on Monday at the Family Birth Centre (public) and the care and support they gave us there antenatal, during labour/birth and postnatal is amazing! I'm definitely going there for our next baby. I didn't have to pay a single cent. Here they pay us to immunise our children too hahaha...

However, I'm not sure if making it free will encourage people to have more children! :p
It will be never free in Singapore. Singapore =stingy. Haha.. Once the population is sufficient. Spore gov will start to fined !!

felicity

i'm so envious omg!

we should really show the press this... i mean they've been speculating and speculating (together with the govt of course) abt why Singaporeans aren't making enough babies and all the long list of reasons that they come up with... well, i realized everything related to pregnancy and babies is just so expensive in Singapore!!!

Ivy Miao

Haha... They used to have this rules... 4th child in e family, everything have to pay by cash.. No edusave.. That causes the drop in birth rates. Until they realise it, no one wants to give birth. Becuz everything increase! Salary either the same, or lower.

Dilys

Haha... They used to have this rules... 4th child in e family, everything have to pay by cash.. No edusave.. That causes the drop in birth rates. Until they realise it, no one wants to give birth. Becuz everything increase! Salary either the same, or lower.
haha ... ya .. in the 80's... My mum is one of them being affected.. We 5 of them. During that time.. my dad did a calculation... he was saying that if those who are fined.. that amount must well stay in a Private Hospital.

During that period... baby blooming ... those who give birth after 3rd child will be fined.. this applies who deliver at gov hospital. Singapore = sucker.

malibu

The maternity pad use are those old school kind with string at $1.10/pack of 8 or 10 can't remember, which i used up for my 3 day stay.
Mine is cesarean so the next day when the nurse change for me 2 solied pad which they layer together, so don't know the pad which you already have able to absorb the bleeding or not.

Yes, everything is chargable,like sterile gloves,incontinment sheet (place under bottom area for bleeding),sterile cotton ball,sterile alcohol swabs and other medical stuff.

malibu

you can try but think the pad can cos is use right after you had give birth and the rest of the items are use in the operation room so don't think they allow. Any way all the items Thomson charge at a very low price, think i saw the Kotax pad with string selling at $2.60 at NTUC, so no point waste time and money to get them and end of the day they don't allow due to all safety and precautions to ensure that you will not get infection.

malibu

and pharmacy sell sterile glove in a box of 100pcs, which they use maybe less then 20pcs and what are you going to do with the rest?

I'm bringing all of those you mention myself. Should I tell the nurses there when I got admitted?
the nurse did ask me if I have my own maternity pad and they will use mine instead of theirs... and that's if coz after the first 2 pcs they use aft op.

thomson now uses the kotex maternity loop, and 2 pcs overlapped at one time.
I also finished up the whole pack during my 2 nights stay.... but when I go home, I juz use those normal pad will do...

the rest not sure worth bringing along anot. bcoz after it's a costs, and maybe some items hospital are cheaper than what we buy from outside....

miracle25

and pharmacy sell sterile glove in a box of 100pcs, which they use maybe less then 20pcs and what are you going to do with the rest?
I'll be giving birth at TMC too, do we need to bring sterile gloves too? whats that for? how many packs of maternity pads should I bring? any brands to recommend? I'm planning for natural birth..

ast0212

One pack is enough :)

Heavy flow can be for around 2 days then settles after that...then you can use a normal pad after the 1st pack of maternity pads.

malibu

I'll be giving birth at TMC too, do we need to bring sterile gloves too? whats that for? how many packs of maternity pads should I bring? any brands to recommend? I'm planning for natural birth..
No!! No need to get the gloves. For your info, the sterile gloves are meant for the nurses who needs to have physical contact with you. I'm just replying to post #19&35, see my post #34,36&37 then you will understand.

No need to get pads. It's provided by the hospital at a lower cost compared to self purchased.

Take care and all the best to you and may you have a smooth delivery to a chubby and healthy baby.