Thomson hospital bill size?????

shermyn

i paid deposit of $1200 for hospital upon admission and $600 deposit for doc fee at my last few visit.
mine is Dr LN Sim

total cash paid upon discharge for mummy and baby is $588.
cpf deduction in total is about $2700...
Hi dumbocarebear so were you able to get back your deposit? Any refunded amounts?

miracle25

No!! No need to get the gloves. For your info, the sterile gloves are meant for the nurses who needs to have physical contact with you. I'm just replying to post #19&35, see my post #34,36&37 then you will understand.

No need to get pads. It's provided by the hospital at a lower cost compared to self purchased.

Take care and all the best to you and may you have a smooth delivery to a chubby and healthy baby.
oh, I've oredi got the pads (both maternity and normal) at People's Park.. considered quite cheap as compared to elsewhere.. thanks, I hope I'll have a smooth delivery too but scared cos my gynae say my baby is quite big.. at wk 31 he weighed nearly 1.8kg oredi...

Hi dumbocarebear so were you able to get back your deposit? Any refunded amounts?
nope... and it wasn't enough and i have to pay additional of about $500-$600...
the deposits were more of money being paid upfront, in case you don't have enough to pay when you discharge.. haha...

Rukia

oh, I've oredi got the pads (both maternity and normal) at People's Park.. considered quite cheap as compared to elsewhere.. thanks, I hope I'll have a smooth delivery too but scared cos my gynae say my baby is quite big.. at wk 31 he weighed nearly 1.8kg oredi...
Is 1.8kg very big? Mine is 1.7kg at 31 weeks and my gynae says its a good size. Ours is only a difference of only 0.1kg...

shermyn

the deposits were more of money being paid upfront, in case you don't have enough to pay when you discharge.. haha...
aint you able to use medisave? hmmm. weird. my SIL told me last time once medisave processed, they will refund the deposit.

Ria

even the hand santizier is being charged...
the antiseptic solution for mummy too...

I will say almost everything you use is chargeable....

you can bring along your maternity pad. the nurse will ask you if you brought your own.

panties for mummy costs $5 per pc, if I din rmb wrongly....
but its very comfortable...this one worth buying...

I just discharged on 17feb... :)
nvd with epidural...
Yes, i agree on panties for mummy, it's very comfortable and stretchable, even you can wash it and wear again, it's not disposable panties.

jadeite

Is it a must to use pads? As I am allergic to most pads, will get rashes. Is it okay to use tampons or is it impossible cuz of the birthing?

PinkDiamonds

Is it a must to use pads? As I am allergic to most pads, will get rashes. Is it okay to use tampons or is it impossible cuz of the birthing?
Tampons are not recommended. So I guess you will have to use pads. The maternity ones are mostly cotton so should induce the least allergic reaction. Otherwise you can also consider getting cloth pads. These are washable and made of breathable cotton. :)

desi

Hi mummies, I just delivered my baby girl via emergency c sect on 20 april. Stayed in a single bedded room for 4 days with companion (my hubby was charged $60 per night with breakfast included) Total bill was $12k+ and claimable from medisave was $5k+. Balance of $7k+ paid by cash.. Looking through the bill, I was charged for pretty much every single item they provided/administered to me and my baby during my stay such as cotton balls, sanitary pads, alcohol swabs, etc. :p Definitely exceeded what we had expected to pay but overall it was a good and comfortable stay, the nurses were very well trained and friendly.

nyati22

Hi dumbocare,
So the additional $500/$600 is paid after discharge? Does this include the gynae fee? Or is it just the hospital stay?
My gynae is not from TMC and from what I understand, the $1200 deposit that I will make upon admission should suffice. If still need to top-up.. Scary lah!!! :(

PinkDiamonds

Hi dumbocare,
So the additional $500/$600 is paid after discharge? Does this include the gynae fee? Or is it just the hospital stay?
My gynae is not from TMC and from what I understand, the $1200 deposit that I will make upon admission should suffice. If still need to top-up.. Scary lah!!! :(

I took a 4-bedded but was automatically upgraded to 2-bedded. I did pay extra on top of the deposit. For me the bill included everything including my gynae's charges.

Hi dumbocare,
hi nyati22
yes, the additional $500-600 includes gynae fee and all the misc expenses incurred during the stay...
I didnt ask for any special items already, other than epidural...

Jesamine

Hi hi all mummies!! :)

I heard that TMC has 2 bedded as well. Does anyone know what's the average cost for the 2 bedded ward?

Jesamine

Hi dumbocarebear,

Got it! Thanks! Just wondering, how did you manage to get 2700 deduction from medisave? They told me that the max was 2100 (which is for the non-medisave maternity package) and 2550 (if it's a medisave maternity package) from MOH's website. I'm so confused with the calculations and distinctions.

Hi dumbocarebear,

Got it! Thanks! Just wondering, how did you manage to get 2700 deduction from medisave? They told me that the max was 2100 (which is for the non-medisave maternity package) and 2550 (if it's a medisave maternity package) from MOH's website. I'm so confused with the calculations and distinctions.
i think because they split the baby bill from mummy bill...
i also blur blur at that time.. haha...

dmummy

i think because they split the baby bill from mummy bill...
i also blur blur at that time.. haha...
Hi mummy, my gynae also dr Sim. Your bill is it for normal deliver? 2 bedded room?
how's her stiching? I can't get too much info from her, how did you find her? As this is my first sometimes i just wish she give us more info :(