Throwing tantrum

AugBoyz

Haha~ till this date I am still having disagreement or heated argument with my dear mum on things like disciplining, things to give and not to give my monster.

Why are u bothered with such stares from stranger. Its not like you are not disciplining ur child and let her create a scene.

When my monster was 2yrs+ before we step out of the house, step into the shopping mall or any where I always remind him

1. hold my hands at all times
2. no tantrums or throwing temper
3. behave and listen to my instruction

otherwise we will head for home straight away. He did misbehave and we went home, then he dun dare to do it again.

We cannot control other pple from showing their disapproving emotions but we can turn a blind eyes on them. Focus on disciplining ur child, nothing matters more then this.

pkshl

wah!!!!

my parents also lehhh, they "encourage" baber to climb up and down coz they said they cannot stop him lOlzzzzzzzz........."_""
actually they can stop him, is juz a matter of will do it anot.

juz like my mil, everytime the 2kids do something wrong, she can only say aiya kids r like that, later den cane them. CANE? scold also never scold, what cane? say say only. if u dun do it dun say it la.

in any case, some grandparents won't bear to cane their precious grandkids no matter how naughty they behave. cos to them, they will tink kids r like tat ma.

apollo

he screams when he dont get his ways.Even after I correct him but he is still doing it & gets more agitated.

he has bad temper & very stubborn, refuse to learn new things. until now he doesnt want to hold his milk bottle, when we or his caregiver teach him & tell him to hold, he gets angry & scream & rather starve then drink his milk even if we encourage him to hold. People who do not know will think that we never teach him how to hold bottle.

You can argue & say he is not ready. Ya, i also thought that he might not be ready to learn new things. Even now we encourage him to walk, he refused & scream nonstop. We never force him to walk. we encourage him. Even for learning new things, we always encourage & guide him but he just refuse to learn & will start to throw temper & scream & start to throw things around. I even told my hubby, my family & my inlaws, my son will start when he is ready But we never stop encouraging him to learn new things.

my mother-inlaw who is my son's caregiver, said, my son is very difficult to take care.
there is a period of time, we also encourage my boy to walk but he just dun wan to. den we leave it up to him. didnt even ask him to walk since he dun wan to. den one day, he just suddenly stood up and walk/

Ting

if your MIL is one of the main issue that contributes to keith's behavior. it is best u change a caregiver or put him into the CC or something.
the teachers there will help put him back on track and teach him the manners n discipline he lacks now.
u alr know that your mil is adding on to his bad behavior, so u shld do something abt it.
it doesnt matter how much advice we give if nth is done. u need to remove him from the "bad" environment.
its like u r stuck in the water, if u try to waddle/swim to shore, u might jst be saved, if u jst stay there n not move, u will jst drown.

Ting

i agree with meiteoh, the main caregiver plays a big part too.
my parents are also considered the main caregivers of pin cos we live tgt.
they r typical grandparents, always offering her snacks and let her play n watch tv way past her bedtime.
but still, they know when to discipline her when she is throwing unneccessary tantrums.(the only time they "accept" her tantrums is when she missed her nap and gets grouchy) this is very impt, bcos if they do not work along with me, pin would jolly well be a spoilt brat.
a child is NVR too young to learn and be disciplined. we start from young, from few mths old. every time spent with our kids r an opportunity to teach them what is right or wrong.