Tip-Toe

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Hope below helps... my DD used to tip-toe walk when younger... now no more.... so no need to worry bah :)

Tiptoe Walking - Online Continuing Medical Education with the Master of Pediatrics CME Conference

"Surprisingly enough, there were a couple of researchers and one of them, Dr. Sutherland in L.A. found that there is a brief period of time where children may tip-toe intermittently, and it would be considered normal for that brief period of time right when children first start to walk up until maybe just after 2 years of age. After that, it is no longer considered normal to walk on tip-toes bilaterally."

lai71

My son tip-toe walk when he was about 1 1/2 yrs old but by the time he turn 2 yrs old he walk normal already. At first we thought something wrong but they said it's normal for some kid :)

Fabulous

My ger started to walk on tip-top since 1 YO, now she's 3Ys+ at times she still walk on tip-toe. Did sent her to KK for assessment, doctor checked and advised that it is her habit to walk on tip-top.

Lotus

My son walks on tip toe now at 22 months for past few months. Daughter was same and lasted until around 2.

Lotus

My daughter still sometimes tiptoes but for playing. If you're worried best to check with gp. I think that the concern is when they only tip toe and never use heels.

my fren told mi not to put bb on walker before they can walk as dat may encourage tip-toe. not sure if it's true, maybe other mommies who used walker can comment?

if i rem correctly, my mil said cannot touch bb soles? oso dunno true or not?

autumn82

my fren told mi not to put bb on walker before they can walk as dat may encourage tip-toe. not sure if it's true, maybe other mommies who used walker can comment?

I think the walker thingy depends on individual? My DD was on walker @ nanny place, walks properly.. The key is not to let baby sit when they can't even reach the floor or not for long hrs? LOL.

Erm... Chams.. I touched DS soles until sianz oredi. Even tickle his soles all the time since NB.. LOL. :x

AugBoyz

son was on walker too, sometimes tip toes while on walker but when he is able to walk on his own no more tip toe other then tt brief period. Now he dun tip toe.

I think the walker thingy depends on individual? My DD was on walker @ nanny place, walks properly.. The key is not to let baby sit when they can't even reach the floor or not for long hrs? LOL.

Erm... Chams.. I touched DS soles until sianz oredi. Even tickle his soles all the time since NB.. LOL. :x
hehe...i oso touch n tickle without mil's knowledge of coz. how to resist such cute n tiny feet rite?!

silkpro

think it is true that walker can cause kid to tip-toe. can it also cause the feet to be big at the front? lol...

elmo493

My son start to tip toe when he was abt 14mths. He would do it once in a while and we would tap on his leg. now he seldom do it

haha...believe it or not, after posting here my son started to tip-toe occasionally 2 days ago.
I dun even know wat triggered it. :confused:
The only new thing I did was brought him down to walk in shoes.
Previously he was walking barefoot at home only. hmph!

cui_er

My son's already 5plus and he still always tiptoe. Scold many times, talk to him nicely many times and even smack his feet many times, but he still does it. Think become a habit already, have no idea how to get him to stop it. Worse is, my inlaws are pretty pantang type and they say if the kid walk around on tiptoes means it's like got ghost or something. :(

silkpro

My son's already 5plus and he still always tiptoe. Scold many times, talk to him nicely many times and even smack his feet many times, but he still does it. Think become a habit already, have no idea how to get him to stop it. Worse is, my inlaws are pretty pantang type and they say if the kid walk around on tiptoes means it's like got ghost or something. :(
omg, not that i know of...dun scare me.