Tips for you..

TVH

hi, i came across this forum 2 months back and have been seeing Dr Su since. We have been trying for close to a year and been through many checks. Going to for TCM check is really our last resort. I must say she's a nice, patient and encouraging doctor. She advises us not to give up and say that we are very healthy and have no problem conceiving. This TTC process is really tiring!

Hi all I consulted Dr Su not too long ago too also after visiting this forum. We are resorting to TCM before going for the IVF route but it has been 4 months and I'm losing the confidence in ourselves. Maybe IvF would have been more straightforward? I'm seriously considering consulting another TCM doc but can't deny the guilt I feel towards Dr Su since she has been so encouraging..

zaclin29

Hi superwomancqy

Trying to conceive is really not easy and u need alot of patience...
Believe u have been taking Dr Su's med for 6 months now & hope all is well for you..
Of cos u have a choice to go for IVF if u wish to.. :)

Hi Zaclin.. It was after reading this thread that I consulted Dr Su. I truly learnt a lot from her consultations and we have been making many changes to our lifestyles. We do have some fertility issues that may affect the chances of natural conception so we are prepared to go for ART and hopefully TCM can prepare us for better success rate.

zaclin29

Hi Zaclin.. It was after reading this thread that I consulted Dr Su. I truly learnt a lot from her consultations and we have been making many changes to our lifestyles. We do have some fertility issues that may affect the chances of natural conception so we are prepared to go for ART and hopefully TCM can prepare us for better success rate.

Hi superwomancqy,
What is ART?
Wish u all the best and hope Dr Su's med helps to increase the success rate.
Hope to hear good news from u soon..

Hi sorry ART refers to Assisted Reproduction Techniques.. Actually I ve made an appointment for consultation at KKH after cny but I'm still hoping for natural conception. Will be consulting Dr Su tomorrow night..

prayinghard

Hihi I also started seeing dr su for 4months after reading the forum and she is near my place as well.. Hmm but until now I do not see any result and am not sure if her medicine helps me to ovulate regularly because I used to be hormones imbalance after a mc in 2011...
Dr su keep telling me not to think so much just drink her med and build my body...
by e way, I would like to ask if you gals put on weight after taking tcm? My friend actually told me any medicine related to fertility will cause me to put on weight and asked me to get prepare for that

emyng

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and am interested to see Dr. Su. Called her and her nurse says she is on leave until 31 June. So, I will see her in mid July. Hope she can help me as my hubby is quite resistant to see a Chinese sinseh. As I hate to wait too long, is it better to go on a weekday morning?

Question for zaclin29,

This month, I tried boiling bean sprouts but when I put the green beans in the water, the tail did not grow longer than the head even after 2 days. Should I use it as it is or should I wait longer? What is the longest time I should wait? Should I see a difference in my menses? I usually have heavy days on Day 1 and Day 3 and the rest of the days are quite light. Not sure if that is good. So far, not much difference after drinking the bean sprouts water.

zaclin29

Hi emyng

Dr Su has different operating hours for each day. So do refer to the opening hrs that I have stated in 1st post.

It has been a long time since I drank the bean sprout water.. Will try to recall how it shld be done...
You can still drink the water even if the tail is shorter than the head but preferably for it to be longer.
Otherwise u can wait for 1-2 more days.

I noticed that when I drank the water, my period is heavier than normal (this is to cleanse your uterus) and thereafter you will have more cervical fluid. According to the the Malaysia's forum, this is normal and it is supposed to be good. Condition for the sperm to swim in.

All the best!

emyng

Hi zaclin29,

Thanks for the reply even though you probably done it many years ago. I will see if I see more changes. Yes, I refered to the operating hours and will see her when she is back. Thanks.

zaclin29

Hi all

This thread has been very silent for very long...
I hope Dr Su has helped a number of people...

Btw, I went to see visit her again last month for no. 2 :) before that tried for 2 months and didn't conceive so we went to see her....

She said our body conditions were quite bad to start trying now... The body was too tired and we need to "reinstate" it to the best condition before we can start trying...

So we Took her meds & BD at the next ovulation period.. And now, just found out I got a positive test! (That's only after 2 wks of taking her meds)

This time I don't know if it's her meds or we are just lucky.... But I believe it's the meds.... Cos this time, I had a lot of the egg white mucus during ovulation... Something that I don't have since I gave birth....

A 2nd success story for me... And hope to hear more success story from you!

Hi all

This thread has been very silent for very long...
I hope Dr Su has helped a number of people...

Btw, I went to see visit her again last month for no. 2 :) before that tried for 2 months and didn't conceive so we went to see her....

She said our body conditions were quite bad to start trying now... The body was too tired and we need to "reinstate" it to the best condition before we can start trying...

So we Took her meds & BD at the next ovulation period.. And now, just found out I got a positive test! (That's only after 2 wks of taking her meds)

This time I don't know if it's her meds or we are just lucky.... But I believe it's the meds.... Cos this time, I had a lot of the egg white mucus during ovulation... Something that I don't have since I gave birth....

A 2nd success story for me... And hope to hear more success story from you!
Congrats to u mummy!! Then u can for the SuperMom Bazaar in August for your shopping!
I wish i can have good news too. Trying on #2 naturally ! Hehe nevertheless.. i am already imagining myself being preggie and gg for the fair for shopping.. even registered myself for the breastfeeding talk.. haha Perfecting the womanly art of breastfeeding – Supermom Bazaar

Wish me luck too!!

Congrats Zaclin

Dr Su helped me too.... before Seeing Dr Su, i had an M/C and she help to build back my health in order to conceive and hold my baby.
I delivered my no. 1 last year September.... During pregnancy, I took her medicine to An Tai too....
If i am going for No.2, i am definitely going back to her.....

zaclin29

Sad news.
My 2nd pregnancy didn't last.
Baby stopped growing at 6wks.
And I just found out at 8wks.
Going for D&C at 9wks.

Guess I conceived too fast before my body is ready especially Dr Su already said my body is too "cold" that time and need time to get my health back.

For the 1st pregnancy, we didn't even try the 1st month we took the meds and only try the 2nd month so my body is prepared.

So IMPT advice to all :
Try 1 month later after taking her meds especially if she told you your body is not ready to conceive.

I will be seeing her after my D&C to tiao my body then will start to try again....

msblurr

I spent hours to finish all 16 pages of the thread and was really delighted about all the useful information and encouraging stories.

Hi zaclin2,
Thank you for setting up this thread and sharing the information about the beansprout drink as well as Dr. Su.
I am sorry for your loss, but looking at how quick you get conceived for the past 2 times, I guess your body will soon be back to the peak!
Please do take care of yourself during the recovery period.

I have been trying for almost 2 years, but when I said trying, I must admit that we did not "try actively" i.e. homework were done once in a blue moon. In addition, I did not really time my ovulation via OPK. BBT reading was a problem to me as well as I don't really wake up around the same time everyday. In short, I was leading quite an unhealthy lifestyle.

And this year, when I am turning 30 soon, I started to get anxious.
To be precise, this month is my first month trying to conceive - I took the supplements, started to time my O using OPK, cut down on cold drinks etc.

I was very motivated and hopeful at first, but as soon as I was "told" about the BFP of one of our friend who just got married in March, I felt disheartened. They were complaining to us on the irregular menses as well as the shift-works which make BD and trying to conceive become difficult. I know I shouldn't but just couldn't help to get envious and kind of jealous over their BFP. I felt so useless, too. :eek:10:

DH has been very patient and nice all this while. He knows that I am very stressed and upset over the BFP of our friend. He told me that he's fine with that and we can slowly take our time. trying to conceive journey is not easy but he'll be there with me no matter what happens. It took me a few days to "stand up" and "move on".

Now, I am hopeful again.

Been taking OPK test for the past, 10 days? Almost all are negative, with very light test line :001_07:
Very dry with almost no CM too.
Today, after we BD, I just, without pinning high hope, performed an O test and I have gotten a pretty dark test line!!
Very encouraging indeed! Shall monitor and FX!

(sorry for the long post)

Last edited:

msblurr

I am very tempted to visit Dr Su even though I am staying at the East.
I don't drive though and worrying that the following follow-up sessions might be difficult.

It is better to go with DH for the first visit, right?

We did fertility test twice, and both were fine.
*sigh*