TMC charges

Hi everyone!!! Would any one of you know the delivery packages/charges at Thompson Med. center for NON resident like me (Im not PR also) . Need feedback badly. Contemplating on which hospital to deliver my baby,opting for the one that charges the cheapest since we are on a very tight budget and im not working now only my husband. Thanks.

PinkDiamonds

Hi everyone!!! Would any one of you know the delivery packages/charges at Thompson Med. center for NON resident like me (Im not PR also) . Need feedback badly. Contemplating on which hospital to deliver my baby,opting for the one that charges the cheapest since we are on a very tight budget and im not working now only my husband. Thanks.
I think you will probably need to prepare at least 4k cash for your hospital bill. My bill was almost this much last May when I had normal delivery with epidural for 4-bedded.

varadidie

I think TMC raised their deposit recently. Checked in the website indicates that they required a Deposit of S$1000 now..:nah:

PinkDiamonds

I think Thomson Medical Center raised their deposit recently. Checked in the website indicates that they required a Deposit of S$1000 now..:nah:
I think it don't make a difference because eventually the money will go to the bill right? :embarrassed:

Anyone knows if you can actually pay most of the bill and settle it later? As far as I'm concerned the hospital will want you to settle the bill before you can bring your baby home. I mean, what happens if (touch wood) your bill is more than 10k?

I think you will probably need to prepare at least 4k cash for your hospital bill. My bill was almost this much last May when I had normal delivery with epidural for 4-bedded.

thankyou PINKDIAMONDS for the info. You are NON resident also? Ive been asking around about the delivery packages at diff hospitals. A friend (non resident also) just delivered at NUH last Jan,was charged 4500K plus ,normal w epi while another frnd who delivered also there was charged almost 7k but also normal delivery. I really dnt know whwts the differences with their cases and why the varying charges.
Maybe,il dropby at TMC and asked for their packages.

addditional question PINKDIAMONDS. Was the Prof fee of OB doctor included already in your bill of 4K? thankyousomuch.

PinkDiamonds

thankyou PINKDIAMONDS for the info. You are NON resident also? Ive been asking around about the delivery packages at diff hospitals. A friend (non resident also) just delivered at NUH last Jan,was charged 4500K plus ,normal w epi while another frnd who delivered also there was charged almost 7k but also normal delivery. I really dnt know whwts the differences with their cases and why the varying charges.
Maybe,il dropby at Thomson Medical Center and asked for their packages.
Hi, I'm Singaporean so I could pay part of my bill with my CPF Medi-save. I believe your bill will probably be the same, the only difference being that you have to pay for the whole bill in cash. Yes my total bill was actually 3.8k for a 4-bedded normal delivery with epidural. It includes everything including my OB fees.

As for the varying charges, it depends on the following factors:

• Type of ward (4-bedded, 2-bedded, 1-bedded, private suite, etc)
  • Gynae's delivery charges
  • Pain relief (if you ask for epidural the anesthetist will charge too)
  • Paedatrician's charges
  • Whether your baby needs extra care/attention like phototherapy, NICU, etc
  • No. of days of your stay (usually 2 days for normal, 3 days for c-section)
  • Hubby's companionship

You can ask your gynae roughly how much the delivery charges are and make a rough estimation.

Please see the link here to get a rough gauge of how much you'll be expected to pay. :)

Hope this helps!

varadidie

Hi, I'm Singaporean so I could pay part of my bill with my CPF Medi-save. I believe your bill will probably be the same, the only difference being that you have to pay for the whole bill in cash. Yes my total bill was actually 3.8k for a 4-bedded normal delivery with epidural. It includes everything including my OB fees.

• Paedatrician's charges
  • Hubby's companionship
You can ask your gynae roughly how much the delivery charges are and make a rough estimation.

Please see the link here to get a rough gauge of how much you'll be expected to pay. :)

Hope this helps!
Thanks Pink Diamond.. very informative. Can i know what was the breakdown in terms of cash payout as well as medisave payout that you have to come up with?

PinkDiamonds

Thanks Pink Diamond.. very informative. Can i know what was the breakdown in terms of cash payout as well as medisave payout that you have to come up with?
glad to be of help. :)

how much u can claim from your medisave depends on the type of package you take up, whether normal delivery or c-section.

This page tells you how much you can claim from your medisave based on each package u take up.

• Paedatrician's charges
  • Hubby's companionship

Hope this helps!

Thanks again PINKDIAMONDS!!! by the way ,the 4-bedded room has 1 toilet only right? I hope it wont be fully occupied when i deliver.

do the senior OB doctors charge more also at TMC? Would you recommend getting just the junior ,hahaha,hopefully they are also good . Who is your doctor at TMC by the way? tnx.

PinkDiamonds

Thanks again PINKDIAMONDS!!! by the way ,the 4-bedded room has 1 toilet only right? I hope it wont be fully occupied when i deliver.

do the senior OB doctors charge more also at Thomson Medical Center? Would you recommend getting just the junior ,hahaha,hopefully they are also good . Who is your doctor at Thomson Medical Center by the way? thanks.
I took up the 4-bedded package but was automatically upgraded to 2 bedded cause there weren't any beds for me. I do believe the 4-bedded only has 1 toilet for all to share. Anyway, most of the time u will want to lie down, so the toilet will most probably be vacant. :)

My OB is Dr Adelina Wong. She has a clinic there and delivers there. So she was the only doctor that tended to me. Not sure who they will send if you don't have a OB there, so I don't know if there's a junior or senior OB.

If you're going to deliver there, then best you have an OB who will deliver there as well, since your information will be with your OB. :)