Toddler milk guide.. Help Help

apollo

y not u let us noe hw much ur toddler is drinking now? cos there is no specify guide actu.. but i feel tt aft 1yo, AT LEAST must hav 2 milk feeds per day if she is having 3 solid food meals.. =)

y not you let us know hw much your toddler is drinking now? cos there is no specify guide actually.. but i feel that after 1yo, AT LEAST must hav 2 milk feeds per day if she is having 3 solid food meals.. =)
My gal is 15mths now.. drinking 120ml.. she will have her milk at 9am, 2pm, 9pm, 3am (recently) , 6am. Porridge will be at 11am and 6pm.

Middle of the nite and morning, she drink only ard 60 to 80ml only. I wonder if she is not full enuf thats y she wake up in the middle of the nite.. ask mil try give her 10 to 20 ml more to see but mil say later too full.. somemore she dilute the milk.. she say friso 3 seems more heaty..

apollo

My gal is 15mths now.. drinking 120ml.. she will have her milk at 9am, 2pm, 9pm, 3am (recently) , 6am. Porridge will be at 11am and 6pm.

Middle of the nite and morning, she drink only around 60 to 80ml only. I wonder if she is not full enuf thats y she wake up in the middle of the nite.. ask mother in law try give her 10 to 20 ml more to see but mother in law say later too full.. somemore she dilute the milk.. she say friso 3 seems more heaty..
okay, so she is having 4 milk feeds during daytime + 60ml during midnight? total up will be ard 560ml. i personally feel tt is still okay, not so bad since she is above 1yo alrdy..

mayb u can try to increase her milk intake? increase to 150ml. so she can drink 600ml in the day (150x4).. den she can accept it well den increase to 180ml.. if she can take 180ml x 4 daily well, shd be okay, and u can increase her solid meal to 3x per day anytime also =)

pls ask ur mil DONT dilute the milk! if not the nutrients will be diffe!!!! and ur girl is 15mth old alrdy, if she is too full, she will stop! my suggestion is, u can actu try to make 210ml den let her drink, see where she will stop.

btw is she taking solid food well?

vinder79

Middle of the nite and morning, she drink only around 60 to 80ml only. I wonder if she is not full enuf thats y she wake up in the middle of the nite.. ask mother in law try give her 10 to 20 ml more to see but mother in law say later too full.. somemore she dilute the milk.. she say friso 3 seems more heaty..
When milk is diluted some babies have sticky and watery stools.What makes yourMIL feels its 2 heaty is baby getting cough,rashes or ulcers. If its 2 heaty give your tod water in between but u cant dilute the milk.Check with your doctor if milk is 2 heaty should your baby have reactions.And i personally agree that the intake of the milk is enough but 15mths already have you try intro snacks.Tod can have snack like at 9.30 and 3pm.You can add milk to snackthat way you can increase milk intake 2.

diymummy

As a general guide, your baby should be having between 400ml-500ml of milk a day as a toddler. Apart from that, he also need to take in other forms of fluid, at least 100ml or thereabouts.

Ting

tell your mil do not dilute the milk, there is a reason why they state the amt of milk as to the amt of water.
if she thinks its too "heaty" then give some water or fruits in btw.
but i dun really believe in FM too heaty such things, cos there is plenty of water mixed with the FM.

vinder79

tell your mother in law do not dilute the milk, there is a reason why they state the amt of milk as to the amt of water.
if she thinks its too "heaty" then give some water or fruits in btw.
but i dont really believe in FM too heaty such things, cos there is plenty of water mixed with the FM.
Personally agree!

stonston

There's no 'right' amount cos you also need to factor in how much solids you are feeding.

My boy at 15 mths was eating 3 proper meals a day plus 1 afternoon snack.

I remember his drinking schedule:
8am when wake up
10am when take morning snack
1pm before nap
4pm when up from nap
8pm after dinner
10pm before sleep

Each feed is around 150 - 180ml.
Sometimes he oversleep during nap then we skip the after nap feed, but that same night, he'll end up asking for milk in the middle of the night (think he's hungry).

But, my friend's girl who is 1 day older than my boy was only on 3 feeds a day at that time. Around 180ml per feed.